Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is too good...Parcells is going to explode...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is too good...Parcells is going to explode...

...I was listening to Mike & Mike this morning and they had Parcells quotes when asked the 101st question on Terrell Owens and "how he looked" - "how he's doing" and Parcells was basically sighing and got angry and said "I've talked about that guy 35 times already."

- It's going to be a lonnnnggg year in Dallas. I hope so badly that Bledsoe goes down and Owens has no one to throw to him and the mess just explodes.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

It's just a matter of time Biggie. Not if but when it all goes to hell. never before has MDFan's words been more true... Enjoy the ride!!!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2468475

"He's going to be zero tolerant," Witten said of Parcells. "He's here to win games and he doesn't have time to mess around. That's what he told us yesterday."

* Oops. You may not want to do that...
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

tick...
        tick...
        tick...
        tick...
        The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Yet there are sports writers (King, Chadiha) that are singing the praises of Parcells as a no nonsense coach (like Andy was a walk over) and how Owens won't get away with his old antics. Like Parcells can somehow physically intimidate Owens.

Now, I can't remeber the players name, but wasn't there an incident in a Dallas training camp where a player got fed up with Parcells rants and threw a jersey at him? I guess he didn't get the memo on how Parcells is a no nonsense coah that doesn't tolerate disruptive antics.

Comment

it will eventually explode

I do think Owens is trying to piss off the Eagles and their fans with some of his comments. Calling Dallas, the best organization in the league. Saying he wants to help them win another championship. Calling Jerry Jones the best owner and Parcells the best coach.

I swear he gets off on tweaking people.

It's going to be interesting to be on the other side of this whole thing. It gives us all another perspective to what others thought of us for two years

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Diehard
              Yet there are sports writers (King, Chadiha) that are singing the praises of Parcells as a no nonsense coach (like Andy was a walk over) and how Owens won't get away with his old antics. Like Parcells can somehow physically intimidate Owens.

Now, I can't remeber the players name, but wasn't there an incident in a Dallas training camp where a player got fed up with Parcells rants and threw a jersey at him? I guess he didn't get the memo on how Parcells is a no nonsense coah that doesn't tolerate disruptive antics.
              what exactly has Parcells won since free agency and the sal cap started?

maybe his no nonsense controlling nature doesn't work in today's game?

it will sure be fun to find out though

Comment

The thing about this is that the writers are making it sound as if Andy was a push over. Seems to me that Andy was the guy who refused to take any crap from TO, sending him home from camp, benching/suspending him then finally cutting him lose altogether. Exactly what more is the "no nonsense" Parcells going to do?
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Andy ruled TO with an iron fist. If Parcells is heading down that path - man alive - he's in trouble.

I thought Parcells was going to just let him do what he wanted knowing it was his last year coaching.

Looks like Parcells is going to play hardball too.

Wait till TO is sleeping in the first team meeting and parking in the "Bill Parcells Only" parking spot.

LMAO. I love it.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Diehard

As a TOTALLY (cough) objective Bird's fan, I think a legitimate arguement can be made for the Eagles taking a chance on Ownes. On the one hand, he'd had heated clashes with Niner coaches and players, chiefly Garcia. On the other hand, there were those who vouched for Owens, citing his unquestioined work ethic, the morale damaging impact of a being on a bad team, and the negative influence of the San Fran press on the entire situation. McNabb had met with him, and was persuaded that Owens would make a turn around on a winning team with a talented...dare I say, brother...throwing him the ball. As it turned out, none of this mattered when Owens self-destructive personality disorder took center stage.

Stomping on the precious "Star" aside, the Boys had the advantage of seeing Owens do his level best to destroy not 1, but 2 teams, when he couldn't get his way. It takes either a really stupid or ego-driven fool not to KNOW that Owen's destructive behavior will reemerge...it's just a matter of time. The Tuna is not stupid and, while he has a boundless ego, he's no fool...but Jerruh is! My guess is that Parcells relented to Jones relentless insistence that they go for Owens, figuring that the likely 1 year honeymoon might just get him to the SB again this year.

As far as King and Chadiha, King should know better and Chadiha, from what I can see, doesn't know sh*t!

BTW, the guy that threw the jersey at Parcells was (I believe) Antonio Bryant, who left shortly thereafter for the Cleveland Browns. As irony would have it, he's now a 49er.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                      Andy ruled TO with an iron fist. If Parcells is heading down that path - man alive - he's in trouble.

I thought Parcells was going to just let him do what he wanted knowing it was his last year coaching.

Looks like Parcells is going to play hardball too.

Wait till TO is sleeping in the first team meeting and parking in the "Bill Parcells Only" parking spot.

LMAO. I love it.

Hey BP,

It looks like Parcells may implement a new set of Owens rule's. I saw a picture of the first practice, and there is Owens (front and center) in tights while others on the team (in the background) are wearing shorts.

Great pictorial representation of the "it's only about me: attitude that Owens has. So, even if Parcells bends over for Owens, there is still destined to be a blow up - it's his nature!

Comment

ED - Owens is what he is - I believed his crap for awhile and had the mindset I'm hearing from Marco Rivera, Bledsoe and others.

"He works his tail off."
                        "He's a great teammate."
                        "Coach won't let him get away with that stuff"
                        "We have the leaders to hold him in check."

- Trust me. Owens is only placated by the $10 million he got. When that wears off around week...well..uh...eleven or so...and he realizes the COWBOYS gave him a bunch of one year deals...he'll start looking for "guarantees" and Bledsoe will all of a sudden become "Just like Garcia" etc.

Man this is going to be good.
                        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Last weeks cover of TSN had a picture of the Tuna & TO with the headline reading "TO MEETS HIS MATCH".Great article about WHEN not IF Owend blows up.It's just a matter of time and will be most enjoyable to watch.
                          EB & I have a buddy who's a cowpokes fan and I told him if he wants a TO jersey don't buy,lease it!
                          Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird
                            EB & I have a buddy who's a cowpokes fan and I told him if he wants a TO jersey don't buy,lease it!
                            Funny and disturbing all at once, bud.... The lease it line is funny as hell, the fact that you both call a Dullass fan a friend is disturbing to me.

Comment

Mike & EB have been buddies for years and believe it or not or not not every cowpokes fans are like Budman.
                              Obviously he's not allowed in the NEST during the season but I let him come over for the draft for a few cold ones.Somebody's gotta fetch the brew,right?
                              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Working...
                              X