X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) As A-Roid nears 600 HR

Do you see a HOFer we should respect for a stellar career ? or
    Do you see a cheating POS deserving no respect ? or
    Do you see a great player who made a mistake and deserves forgiveness ?
    Thought about doing a poll,but with only a few people on board ,didn't want to see a 3 way tie. IMO he knowingly cheated and is a piece of shit.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I'm going with option 3 - Like Bonds, he was probably going to be pretty good to begin with and probably hall of fame good.

I've soften on the cheaters, I really don't care anymore. His only crime was getting caught, I have no idea who is or isn't cheating - so I'm going to treat them all the same and not care.

But I wish someone would give Ibanez some steroids and maybe give Utley some HGH to heal faster.

Comment

PoS. Probably would have had a good carrer but he stepped on his ****. Personally I don't think any of these guys who used steroids should get into the hall (esp if Pete Rose can't get in). If they do let them in the should make a wing for them in the bathroom.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Well he's got 2 things going against him, 1st he's a piece of shit steroid user. The term mistake is bull shit, they knew exactly what they were taking and for what purpose. To cheat, the only reason any of them stopped is because they were getting caught. They all should have been booted from the league. 2nd and most importantly he's a stinking Yankee so fuck him!

Dickau, I'm really dissappointed by your comment on softening on cheaters. That's becoming the downfall of our society, where no one's word means shit any more. What's worse is an attitude like yours, "I don't care". WTF is this country coming to? It's no wonder they do it, if they know the public opinion is one of indifference.
        Last edited by Zepster; 07-19-2010, 06:51 AM.
        Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

F him!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post

Dickau, I'm really dissappointed by your comment on softening on cheaters. That's becoming the downfall of our society, where no one's word means shit any more. What's worse is an attitude like yours, "I don't care". WTF is this country coming to? It's no wonder they do it, if they know the public opinion is one of indifference.
            I dont like to think of it as softening on cheaters, but softening on athletes that I don't care about. I can't be responsible for tracking all the athletes and be "up in arms" when they cheat and then blackball them from my mind. What if taking steroids was not against the rules, would you still be upset? Or take the steroids out, your just upset that someone went against the rules of the game?

No wonder they do it? Its called money, they would gladly take the contract for a couple hundred thousand people thinking their jerks, if they do. I'm also not going to be upset when they could have busted these guys at any time(60's/70's/80's/90's name the sport), but unions and leagues were too busy making money off of them. I'm not going to have sympathy for their health and I'm not going to act like certain guys that got caught were the only ones that were cheating and derserve all our ire.

I would love to live in your perfect society and country painted above, honest to god I would, but we're not there and casting out a couple of "star" athletes are not going to get us there. If bud made an example and exiled A-rod and BigMac from the game, would that stop people from trying to cheat? No it wouldn't, I dont know if that is society or human nature.

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
              I dont like to think of it as softening on cheaters, but softening on athletes that I don't care about. I can't be responsible for tracking all the athletes and be "up in arms" when they cheat and then blackball them from my mind. What if taking steroids was not against the rules, would you still be upset? Or take the steroids out, your just upset that someone went against the rules of the game?

No wonder they do it? Its called money, they would gladly take the contract for a couple hundred thousand people thinking their jerks, if they do. I'm also not going to be upset when they could have busted these guys at any time(60's/70's/80's/90's name the sport), but unions and leagues were too busy making money off of them. I'm not going to have sympathy for their health and I'm not going to act like certain guys that got caught were the only ones that were cheating and derserve all our ire.

I would love to live in your perfect society and country painted above, honest to god I would, but we're not there and casting out a couple of "star" athletes are not going to get us there. If bud made an example and exiled A-rod and BigMac from the game, would that stop people from trying to cheat? No it wouldn't, I dont know if that is society or human nature.

That would be a damn good start, these guys get no punishment at all! What kind of message is that sending to todays youth? "Go ahead, cheat, it doesn't matter there are no ramifications even if you get caught, make that money any way you can"?? Thank you no. I wasn't brought up that way and I sure as hell am not letting my son think that's ok either.

If steroids were legal I'd never watch that sport again, believe me when I say that. I used to lift with guys that shot up and they tried to get me to take that shit. I've attended two funerals of my lifting buddies in the last 5yrs. They both died of colorectal cancer. You play the hand that God dealt you and make the best of it.

"My perfect society"??? WTF does that mean? There's no such thing, but this country is about as good as it's ever been in this earths long history and I see it fading away. Our society's going to shit because of indifference to ideals such as honesty and integrity and we're never going to get that back with the message you're condoning. People have been cheating since the beginning of time, up until recently you got caught cheating and you were looked upon as being a piece of shit. Now it's "ok"? Not in my book it's not.

Don't conform to others out of laziness, if you believe in something don't sacrifice your principles for anyone.
              Last edited by Zepster; 07-20-2010, 04:32 AM.

Comment

I had a long write up, but I think we're closer in opinion than not, maybe just approaching two different conversations.

I think we can both agree we do not want society to end up like this:

Comment

If it's not steroids in the 90s, it was coke and uppers in the 70s/80s or speed in the 50s and 60s. Today's athletes are no different than those in the past, it's just that technology has improved. In 20 years everyone will be using steroids and HGH.
                  Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                    If it's not steroids in the 90s, it was coke and uppers in the 70s/80s or speed in the 50s and 60s. Today's athletes are no different than those in the past, it's just that technology has improved. In 20 years everyone will be using steroids and HGH.

I don't believe that for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
                      I had a long write up, but I think we're closer in opinion than not, maybe just approaching two different conversations.

I think we can both agree we do not want society to end up like this:

That's funny, I watched that movie with my brother in law at Xmas and we laughed our asses off. Nobody else I talked to thought it was funny, until you I'm assuming.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
                        I don't believe that for a second.
                        Well be prepared to be shocked. HGH is the future and I would recommend it to just about any man over the age of 35. Designer steroids are less dangerous than aspirin as long as they aren't abused.
                        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

A-Roid = POS

No Hall for U!
                          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                            Well be prepared to be shocked. HGH is the future and I would recommend it to just about any man over the age of 35. Designer steroids are less dangerous than aspirin as long as they aren't abused.

If you say so. I'll steer clear, thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X