Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st major injury of the spring

Adam Wainwright reportedly suffered a major elbow injury
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Think the Cards will come calling for Blanton? I guess I'd trade him for Pujols but the Cards would have to throw in some cash.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
      Think the Cards will come calling for Blanton? I guess I'd trade him for Pujols but the Cards would have to throw in some cash.
      15M a year in cash?

So glad the first major injury wasn't to us. Knock on wood.

Comment

Wainwright's gonna have Tommy John surgery. He'll miss all of '11 and much of '12. Sucks for him & the Cards, just glad it's not one of our guys.
        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

When I read the title I thought for sure it was a Phil that I hadn't heard about. Cruel trick that title was.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
            Am I the only one who wants to keep Blanton?

I am not his biggest fan, but I think he's a great #5, and if there is an injury, I would want him pushed up in the rotation as opposed to Kendrick

Comment

All I want is for a kid or 2 to be on the same staff as Halladay,I'm hearing Cole has been busting his ass and is throwing some serious shit. IMO it is because of being around Halladay,seeing his program and the effort he puts in his preperation . I would like Worley to be sitting there every day picking his brain. I'm fine with Blanton as long as Worley is in the pen. Kendrick has potential,but I don't know if Roy can give him the stones needed to succeed.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

There were words on philly com about how good Cole is looking and some cat (Plesac I think) on MLB Network was raving about him. Thinks people are talking about the big three (rightfully so) but thinks Cole will win 20.
                I'd love to see Cole have a good year. Hopefully he can keep all the high praise out of his head and focus on the game.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Working...
                X