Mayberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayberry

I know many say he sucks. I think he is a nice player, maybe not a full time starter, but can certainly contribute in different ways. There are far worse OF's playing the game.

I like Mayberry too. He runs and fields well and has some pop in his bat. I don't hate on Ben Francisco, but he has shown he will not hit as a regular. And he doesn't run, catch or throw as well as Mayberry.

Comment

Mayberry should stay up with the big club and Francisco should be DFA'd

Neither of them are the solution - Amaro needs to be on the phone with the broke ass Dodgers regarding Matt Kemp. I dont care who they want, give them Singletary, Rizzoti, their top 8 pitchers, doesnt matter. They need to win the WS this year

Comment

If the Phillies could get Kemp.....Holy Fuckin Wow!

Comment

Now who could have been saying this about Mayberry for the last 2 months?
          Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
            Now who could have been saying this about Mayberry for the last 2 months?

I know you were and I agreed/agree with you. I'd be happy with him as the 4th OF.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
              I know you were and I agreed/agree with you. I'd be happy with him as the 4th OF.
              My comment was directed more toward Mr. Tose who has yet to show us all the "many deficiencies" in Mayberry's game and thinks he needs to be in AAA ball.

Comment

Zep - c'mon, a week doesn't make a player. His deficiencies are in his swing. See what happens over the long haul. Has he done more to supplant Francisco, sure but that isn't saying much.

By the way - Francisco should actually have an option left so they can send him to Lehigh Valley without waivers or DFA'ing him.

Comment

I've been saying this for quite a while now not just this past week, he needs to face Big league pitching on a regular basis to take the next step not more AAA. I believe (obviously) that given the chance at regular playing time he's going to me more than just a serviceable OF'r, which he is starting to show. I've believed that for some time now and I see nothing to make me think I'm wrong, there's no way Francisco should EVER take any playing time away from Mayberry, EVER!!!!!!

Comment

I agree that Mayberry should be playing over Francisco but he isn't a long term solution.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                      I agree that Mayberry should be playing over Francisco but he isn't a long term solution.

We shall see. I think he needs to play on a reg. basis in the majors before one can make that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
                        We shall see. I think he needs to play on a reg. basis in the majors before one can make that statement.

Would you rather see Mayberry get more at-bats or go out and get a guy like Carlos Beltran?

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
                          Would you rather see Mayberry get more at-bats or go out and get a guy like Carlos Beltran?
                          If you can get Beltran w/o giving up a whole lot than a Beltran rental for a year would be acceptable I suppose. I still think Mayberry is only going to get better at the plate though, and he's got more tools in the shed than Beltran away from the plate.

Comment

Mayberry can't hit righthanders. Not even a little bit. Until that changes, he doesn't have much of a future except as the righthanded part of an OF platoon.

There is still a small chance that he can fix this and make himself a useful major league outfielder. But he needs regular at-bats to get there. That's why he's at AAA, because there is still a small chance he will get it against righties.

Francisco is what he is -- an extra outfielder. That's why he is on the big club and Mayberry is in AAA. Mayberry still can work on things and improve his ceiling, with daily at bats.
                            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                              Mayberry can't hit righthanders. Not even a little bit. Until that changes, he doesn't have much of a future except as the righthanded part of an OF platoon.

Hmmmmm....I seem to remember Mayberry having quite the afternoon in their last game against a RH pitcher.

There is still a small chance that he can fix this and make himself a useful major league outfielder. But he needs regular at-bats to get there. That's why he's at AAA, because there is still a small chance he will get it against righties.

[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"][COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]He's had plenty of damn at bats in the minors and needs to see ML pitching. Charlie has some kind of hard on for Francisco from his days in CLE that's why he's not on the big league roster.
                              [/COLOR][/COLOR]
                              Francisco is what he is -- an extra outfielder. That's why he is on the big club and Mayberry is in AAA. Mayberry still can work on things and improve his ceiling, with daily at bats.
                              That makes absolutely no sense! None. Mayberry is 27 and it's time to shit or get off the pot. So far he's doing pretty well when given the opportunity, and he can help this club in many more ways than Francisco. If your a major league team do you want just an extra outfielder or do you want someone who can play def. run the bases and steal some bags?? .

Comment

Working...
                              X