Unhappy Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhappy Eagles

One year after signing a seven-year contract worth just over $46 million, Terrell Owens wants to rework his deal, Owens' new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said after meeting with Eagles president Joe Banner. It is unlikely the Eagles will be willing to accommodate him. In Banner's 11 years as team president, he has never renegotiated a player's contract after one season. Rosenhaus did not rule out that Owens could miss some or all of the Eagles' off-season workouts or minicamps, and possibly training camp should a new deal not get done. "It's not really something I can make any predictions on," Rosenhaus said.

This is just the latest offseason twist for the Eagles, who could be experiencing some of the fallout that in the past has kept teams from repeating Super Bowl runs. Eagles offensive tackle Tra Thomas wants a new deal, too, Earlier this week, unhappy franchised defensive tackle Corey Simon vetoed a proposed trade with the Ravens because he couldn't agree with the Ravens on a long-term contract. Simon left little doubt that he does not like the 1-year, $5.13 million franchise tender, which he has not signed. Running back Brian Westbrook, who also wants a long-term deal with the Eagles, hasn't signed his 1-year restricted free agent tender. Defensive tackle Hollis Thomas is unhappy that the Birds won't revisit his contract, and has asked to be traded. The Eagles are expected to trade or release wide receiver Freddie Mitchell, who was unhappy with his role last season.

Maybe if you won something you could get your way.
    Gay for Brady, any day.

Dynasty

I hate agents.

TO is to blame as well if this comes to fruition but you know how the media is.

Until he holds out from mini-camp, i wont pass judgement.
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

Is he insane? What the hell kind of deal does he want. Being in the top-tier salary of NFL players isn't good enough? He wants more? Well I think its hilariuos, at the risk of having Iggles Nation coming after me. I'm tired of hearing how they never negotiate and their so goddam smart and they always have so much cap-room. I hope they lose half those guys.
      I'm going back to Houston... to do the hotdog dance. I'm going back to Houston.... gonna get some pants.

-Beck

Comment

Again that is why you will never win with a me first guy like TO, and Moss.
        Gay for Brady, any day.

Dynasty

Comment

Originally posted by scottzolakisgod
          Again that is why you will never win with a me first guy like TO, and Moss.
          We won plenty with TO. Just not the big one. And he wasn't the issue. He was the best player on the field.

THis is a case of the agent being a douchebag and talking TO into it.

Comment

No, TO is a shit bag, and yes the agent is too, but this was all TO, he is such a loser, and yes you won second place.
            Gay for Brady, any day.

Dynasty

Comment

I don't think it was a case of the agent talking TO into it, considering how he fired his old agent for one that could get him more money.

I wish his message board was open so I could ask him about it..."I HVE TO GT PAYD U NO!!! I DSRV MRE MNEY THN ANY RCVER OUT THR!!!"

Comment

No, TO is a shit bag, and yes the agent is too, but this was all TO, he is such a loser, and yes you won second place.
                I would have to agree with FG on this. I think this is the agent, he wants TO to get more money so he gets more money. I don't think TO could care oly for the reason that he is a smart guy, he already has tons of money, and he is in position with the Eagles to win some championships. Why would he jeopardize his chance at a ring because he needs more money to spend on shit he doesn't need???
                http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

I'd be worried, Eagle's fans, Rosenhaus is the trade facilitator. He's the guy you get when you want to go. Clinton Portis and Rueben Droughns used him after each of their breakout seasons, and ended up with new teams, and huger contracts.

Why he would want to leave is beyond me.
                  I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

TO just wants more money.

I know athletes are greedy as all hell but i hate agents the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasy Guru
                      Until he holds out from mini-camp, i wont pass judgement.
                      Actually he was probably already going to miss the mini-camps before this all started as he is likely still going to be rehabing his ankle at that time.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

TO IS A PLAYER YOU CAN'T ROUTE FOR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

HE IS A MORON.
                        Gay for Brady, any day.

Dynasty

Comment

HE IS A MORON.
                          actually I found it quite easy to root for him last year; and I liked him before that when he was with SF

Rosenhaus is the dickweed here for taking this thing public

if he and TO would have went to management privately I think they would have given it serious consideration as they are most likely gonna want to restructure after this season anyway
                          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

HE IS A MORON.
                            Sure, you can route for TO. I had a very easy time doin it last year. But even before that I liked him. He dominated the game just like Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison. But people only want to think about the negatives of TO. He made a mockery of the Dallas Star, he has unneccessary celebrations, he yelled at his own coach. The star, OK I'll give you that. That was messed up, but me being an Eagles fan and hating Dallas, loved it. The celebrations, well he came up with original ideas and the league didn't like it, so they made it illegal. Now, he still comes up with original celebrations that are great, and make the league look stupid because he ain't breakin any rules. As for him yelling at the coach, it was wrong but that was shown and broadcast in the wrong light. That's all people remember, TO screams at his coach. Nevermind the fact that the Niners were down and they were throwing the ball to Tai Streets and Brandon Lloyd. He freaked out because they were losing and they were not doing what they had to do to win the game. TO thought he should have gotten the ball, and I'm sure most other people do. Sure, it's cocky to think like that but at least he knows he can get the job done.
                            http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

I like the way TO plays and I don't mind his attitude.

Comment

Working...
                              X