Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watching Game of Thrones on HBO? (OT - Duh!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watching Game of Thrones on HBO? (OT - Duh!)

I was curious as to whether anyone here is following this show. It has been eagerly awaited on my part for a year or so, and is based on my favorite series that I've ever read.

I am also curious as to how hard it is for someone to follow who HASN'T read the books? This is a very complex story line with a ton of characters and blindside twists.............and I friggin love it. The wife and I have watched each episode so far 2 to 3 times so that she can feel comfortable and not getting herself lost. Anyone???
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

My GF and I were really into the first 3 episondes. Then, the 4th episode (I think) completely put us to sleep. We do have the last few episodes recorded. But, we just can't seem to get motivated enough to start watching again.

Comment

We have... in the entertainment forum.

Comment

Haven't watched a second of it outside of the opening credits. I happened to catch that in a hotel room and I gotta tell you that is one of the coolest opening songs and sequences.... visual effects...I've ever seen. They spent a lot of money on just that. As for the show...I think it is Liberace gay.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          I think it is Liberace gay.
          Liberace was gay? Damn...he had me fooled!

Comment

Next thing you know, AW will be telling us there's no Easter bunny.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I've been watching,but I'm usually draggin ass Sunday evenings and in bed for an early Monday morning,but plan on sitting down and watching/recording each one.It has potential from what I've seen,if it gets up in the 90's this weekend I might start watching in earnest. So far it seems like if you blink twice you might need to start over.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

That's exactly right, MM. Everything in this story builds on past events and so many things and parts of the story intertwine in subtle ways that it is easy to miss it. Easier to follow with the depth of 800 page novels, but details are easier to lose on a TV screen.

I will say that I have been pleased with the casting and story telling for the most part (Sean Bean is simply the coolest MoFo on the planet, he has been awesome in his role as Ned Stark) but they have strayed from the book in parts. The worst infraction was the uber gay scene where Renly is getting his chest shaved by another guy. That shit NEVER happened in the book. I almost feel like that is the HBO influnece, where so many of their shows have gay characters and scenes. Six Feet Under, Tru Blood.....seems so unnecessary to the story line. Perhaps the H in HBO stands for Homo? NTTAWWT. Now, the lesbian-esque scenes with Dany...there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with THAT either.

No way you should quit after just 3 episodes. Things are just starting to get interesting. And if this show makes it (Each season is supposed to be ONE of the books) things are going to really heat up. In fact, episodes 5 and 6 should give you a clue as to what you are in for....but it still won't prepare you for what's coming.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                I've been watching,but I'm usually draggin ass Sunday evenings and in bed for an early Monday morning,but plan on sitting down and watching/recording each one.It has potential from what I've seen,if it gets up in the 90's this weekend I might start watching in earnest. So far it seems like if you blink twice you might need to start over.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                    tino, how could you miss it? He's almost as gay as a cowboys fan.

Comment

Game of Thrones??? Is that where you play music chairs with toilets?
                      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

this is actually my favorite of the new shows. It's really well done and when I'm finished the season, I'm gonna pick up the book I.

It takes a lot for me to abandon a show and I did with Camelot. Borgias only lasted 1 episode for me.

Comment

Love Game of thrones, very well acted and great storyline, I'm hooked. I might have to pick up the book as well. Agreed on the Borgias what a piece of shit that was.
                          Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

I read the books but don't have hbo (yes I am a cheap ass). Hoping for the DVDs.

Comment

I was getting close to dumping HBO. But when I started to hear rumblings about GOT being made.....I decided that HBO would stay in my TV lineup.

Vin, how well are you following without the benefit of having read the books? Hard for me to really imagine, as I know these charachters to well, and I know what is going to happen to them. I am sure that not having that knowledge makes the experience very different. I will tell you that the following characters are perfectly cast and fit how they are presented in the books to a "T".

Ned Stark
                              Tyrion (The Imp)
                              Jaime Lannister
                              Arya Stark
                              Jon Snow

Some characters are a bit of a disappontment, altho they are growing on me. The "Hound" for one, is not nearly as frightening / intimidating a character as he should be. And Cersei Lannister isn't nearly as hot as I would have imagined.....but she is certainly enough of a bitch.

Sorry, I'm such a friggin geek for this story.

Comment

Working...
                              X