X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garappolo 5 years for $137 million!

"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

has he thrown 300 career passes yet ?
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      has he thrown 300 career passes yet ?
      How big is Cousins' smile right now? And I hope Nick doesn't see that headline, or Carson for that matter!!

Comment

I can see Carson going the Brady route and leaving some on the table
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Carson will get 30+ a year unless he goes the Brady route and gives the Eagles some breathing room for the rest of the roster. Not sure the NFLPA would be happy with that.

Comment

Carson will cost all that. I wouldn't be surprised he will take the minimum he can but he will get a lot of pressure to keep the bar high for other players contracts. He may renegotiate as the years go on to help the team out but that first contract will be significant. Have to see what happens to Cousins but by the time Carson comes due it might be 32 mil a year.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Foles is signed for next year. Unless something catastrophic happens to Wentz, Foles won't see anything like that from the Eagles.

As for Carson, we'll have to see how he has recovered. I have no idea whether he'll ask for max market or whether he'll keep the big picture in mind (cough, Flacco, cough). At a minimum this team has seen the value of winning here in this environment (the locker room and the city) vs chasing more $$$ elsewhere. There will be some who will leave for bigger dollars (that includes coaches) but I think there will be talent on the outside willing to take less to be here. It is possible I am still drunk on the euphoria of their win and I am overestimating the allure of Lurie's Eagles to the rest of the players in the league but I am optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                Foles is signed for next year. Unless something catastrophic happens to Wentz, Foles won't see anything like that from the Eagles.

As for Carson, we'll have to see how he has recovered. I have no idea whether he'll ask for max market or whether he'll keep the big picture in mind (cough, Flacco, cough). At a minimum this team has seen the value of winning here in this environment (the locker room and the city) vs chasing more $$$ elsewhere. There will be some who will leave for bigger dollars (that includes coaches) but I think there will be talent on the outside willing to take less to be here. It is possible I am still drunk on the euphoria of their win and I am overestimating the allure of Lurie's Eagles to the rest of the players in the league but I am optimistic.
                Flacco told them F You when they talked about a more cap friendly contract. But, pretty much, both Foles and Wentz and now Kelce!!! can earn Millions in endorsements by staying with the Eagles. They will never have the same appeal outside of the Delaware Valley although, they're both pretty young, so who knows how many more playoff games they can win together. Plus, they have the whole GodSquad thing going on with Ertz and I can't remember who else is in that group. They will not find that at another team.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  The deal includes $74 million in guaranteed money, per NBC Sports Bay Area and ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the three-year cash total will be shy of just $90 million, also the largest in NFL history.
                  Well, that just fucked the 49ers cap for the next five years.

Comment

I think Carson and Nick might be exceptions to some extent, but I did see Reggie follow the money and that's what everybody including us does in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      I think Carson and Nick might be exceptions to some extent, but I did see Reggie follow the money and that's what everybody including us does in the end.
                      Yeah, I get it. But the endorsement deals could dwarf their contracts if managed properly.

Comment

I could be wrong, but that is what happens when you have a GM in Lynch who has no experience managing contracts under a cap system, and building a successful roster long term. I like Garrapolo, and I think he's going to turn that franchise around. But, to make him the highest paid player in the NFL after starting a handful of games, and giving him a contract that is absolutely going to effect your ability to maintain a capable roster around him is not a wise decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                          I could be wrong, but that is what happens when you have a GM in Lynch who has no experience managing contracts under a cap system, and building a successful roster long term. I like Garrapolo, and I think he's going to turn that franchise around. But, to make him the highest paid player in the NFL after starting a handful of games, and giving him a contract that is absolutely going to effect your ability to maintain a capable roster around him is not a wise decision.
                          It depends how they wrote it I would imagine. I don't think that you just throw that kind of money around like that if you don't know what you're doing but I could be wrong. Garoppolo is supposed to be a Brady clone but that contract sure doesn't look like one of his. I haven't seen him play other than a couple of exhibition games. SF has a ton of cap space so they probably wrote it right. Like all sports the salaries are getting staggering. Based on that contract it sounds like Washington dropped the ball unless they get lucky with a QB in the draft at some point.

Comment

The guy played in 5 regular season games. FIVE!!! That body of work gets him that kind of money? You know the Saints who have to pay Brees, the Packers who have to pay Rodgers and anyone in the Cousins market has to be fuming at SF!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                              The guy played in 5 regular season games. FIVE!!! That body of work gets him that kind of money? You know the Saints who have to pay Brees, the Packers who have to pay Rodgers and anyone in the Cousins market has to be fuming at SF!
                              The details of the contract should be interesting Rob. You would think they would give themselves an out. He has been around the league for quite awhile though and they saw him for half of a season. I'm sure G didn't want to go learn a new offense and leave a cool place like Frisco so it seems to me on the surface that contract was a least "silly". It seems like a rushed deal to me. Then again maybe DeBartolo is a secret owner and the mob is back in business.

Comment

Working...
                              X