Honk if you understand the new tax plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honk if you understand the new tax plan

Why can't you ever get a friekin straight answer in this country.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Why can't you ever get a friekin straight answer in this country.
    RELAX! There is no tax plan yet... Weeks away. House and Senate must agree and compromise on the 2 existing plans. Then send to Trump to sign... Then we have a tax plan.

Comment

I think we should wait and see what comes out of committee... it might get squashed. In fact... I’ll bet it does.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

And then what? The damned thing is over 500 pages long so both sides can lie some more about it. How about putting a little qualifier like companies can't outsource to get it or only a certain % of their workforce is American? Just throwing money at things never works IMO.

Comment

This country needs an overhaul of the tax program. The rat bastards sitting in DC aren't the ones to do it but the rat bastards in DC are the ones that will do it.
          Over the years every cat and dog got a little special interest into the program so that they pay less or they earn votes by getting someone else's special interest in so they pay less. The same damn thing is happening now.
          This isn't a dart at Trump because it could be anyone in Washington but I saw an acting IRS commissioner respond to a question saying they have moved all of Trump's tax info into a safe area separate from all others so that they can ensure it doesn't get leaked. Fake news?? I don't know but it was an IRS officer on TV so I think that swamp is alive and well.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

People need to look at and process what is good for the nation rather than what any single piece might affect them.

Never happen cause we Americans are not our forefathers Americans. Identity politics (Thank you liberals, IMHO) almost requires you worry more about yourself or your "identity" group and not the country as a whole.

If Americans worried about the country, the personal hate of Trump could be focused on actions and plans and results rather then daily drama that both sides seem to want to wallow in.

Tell everyone who I can..... Worry about what the government does, what actions they take..... And stop worrying about rhetoric and drama.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              People need to look at and process what is good for the nation rather than what any single piece might affect them.

Never happen cause we Americans are not our forefathers Americans. Identity politics (Thank you liberals, IMHO) almost requires you worry more about yourself or your "identity" group and not the country as a whole.

If Americans worried about the country, the personal hate of Trump could be focused on actions and plans and results rather then daily drama that both sides seem to want to wallow in.

Tell everyone who I can..... Worry about what the government does, what actions they take..... And stop worrying about rhetoric and drama.
              Exactly. When every President gets elected people say "the politics couldn't get any worse" but they always do. I'm an old fart so I don't care what they do with the taxes as long as people with families don't have to live week to week.

Comment

Gotta say as a Libertarian it ain't just liberals taking advantage. Talk about personal hate Donald Trump was elected on the hate of Hillary Clinton. The VAST majority said they don't like Trump but would vote for anyone other than Hillary.
                I watch what the gov does not what they say and it seems what they do is protect their own -- seat in congress, their own programs, their own constituents. Ask someone if their senator should vote for what is best for themselves, their party, their constituents, the country, etc and most will tell you they should be voting the wishes of the people who voted them in not voting what is best for the country.
                I've said we need tax overhaul in this country. I challenge anyone to show me how Murkowski holding out for artic drilling, or Portman holding out for the aircraft industry to get exempted, or Flake holding out for a promise to address the dreamers, or including the affordable care mandatory requirement, and on and on is good for the tax overhaul in the country. I still see possibilities that this bill will be better than nothing but it won't be good for the country without significant change and it can't get passed if it doesn't have significant change.
                But I believe in doing what is good for the country not the Democratic or Republican Party
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Well ND the biggest thing in this bill --- is the reduction of the Capital gains from 35 to 20%. This alone makes this bill Historic in nature and will spark this nation. I don't care whether Joe smoe gets a $400. increase or decrease in his taxes. The code gets simpler and trillions of $$$ flood the country --- and this country works when we have $$$$$$$.

As a libertarian your sorta like an agnostic about religion--- get to sit on the sideline and pick and choose. Just Kidding!!!!!! Just Kidding!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    Well ND the biggest thing in this bill --- is the reduction of the Capital gains from 35 to 20%. This alone makes this bill Historic in nature and will spark this nation. I don't care whether Joe smoe gets a $400. increase or decrease in his taxes. The code gets simpler and trillions of $$$ flood the country --- and this country works when we have $$$$$$$.

As a libertarian your sorta like an agnostic about religion--- get to sit on the sideline and pick and choose. Just Kidding!!!!!! Just Kidding!!
                    I sure as hell do because $400 is a hell of a lot of money for a lot of people. I would hope that families get at least 2K a year break but I doubt it and that really pisses me off. I've heard so much bullshit both ways that I have no idea what is going to happen. I just hope these businesses just don't keep buying their own stock up like they have been doing with these low interest rates and just spend the money hiring people and paying them more (then again I hope there's world peace next week too). It's been great for my IRA but I want more people to prosper.

Comment

No problem MD --there is something to be said for picking and choosing. Everyone should get to pick between good and bad but politicians are held by the balls by their party (both sides). This bill has some real good things IMM but no bill driven by one side with no hearings and no participation can be the best thing for the country--hell think Obamacare from the other side. Hell I heard it said by many Republicans that they can not go into the next election cycle without passing some piece of legislation. Nothing else is available so they HAD TO pass a tax bill. Doesn't matter if it is good or bad we just have to pass it is the mindset.
                      To be honest I am just about convinced we should have a flat tax. Don't care about your property tax deduction, don't care about your school load deduction, don't care about your yacht expenses or your medical bills and damn sure don't care about your real estate investment losses. Everyone pays X percent on gross income. You lose on your investment and don't have income you don't pay tax; if you make a buck you pay tax on a buck.
                      There may be lots of things to agree with or disagree with-- for example you say cap gains reduction is good. Myself I am glad they kept estate taxes in there even though they raised the amount you could discount. I also wonder about all the promises. First I am not sure the economy isn't growing; stock market is soaring, unemployment is already low. If that is the case who is going to fill all these great jobs that are going to be created. What is the point of being in business--make money. What evidence is there that all these great funds will be put back into the company as opposed to going to the business owner's pockets. Pretty sure that argument goes both ways.
                      I guess I look askew at some of the arguments for tax reform although I believe we need some tax overhaul. Whatever, it is another area that can be discussed for hours on end and deserves MUCH more effort than it is being given
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

The tax plan sounds pretty darned good to me and I'm sure that all of these people who are against it now will love it once they see the bump in their paychecks. Some companies have already announced bonuses, raises, hirings and investing in their own companies. As long as they don't buy back their own stock this should stimulate things. Meanwhile Nancy Pelosi just came on tv saying that the country is now destroyed and this is the death to America. Politics as usual. She's starting to look like Jerry Jones.

Comment

Well it is politics as usual 60. There is a lot good about the tax bill although I don't think all people will be falling all over themselves once they see a bump in their paychecks. Some will but not all. I don't think they rid us of all he loop holes. If you didn't have a lobby you lost most of your deductions but those with a lobby kept their loop holes. My single son for example is self employed in NYC. He lost $28,900 in itemized deductions whereas I will probably do better. I haven't checked but I think I will.
                          Personally I hoped they would cut the seven brackets to four and simplify the tax code --- not down to a post card as they said they would but better than it is. Of course those didn't happen.
                          Of course they will role out a few telling they will give bonuses and raises but let's wait to see. Much like the bring jobs back the day after the inauguration the party will role out an example or two but a month later the jobs were lost.
                          Don't listen to Nancy Pelosi. Actually you should do me a favor and move to CA and vote her out of office.
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Simple tax calculator--- Does favor people with kids, overall I think most will see a cut in the actual $$$$ paid to the Feds.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...owe-2017-10-26

Comment

I'll be honest in that I don't know how true this

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/co...him-2017-12-18

is but I clicked on your marketwatch link and there was a link to this story. See this is whatI HATE about the two parties. Doesn't matter if it is Portman in OH getting a deal into the law or Murkowski from Alaska getting drilling into the law or Rubio holding out for something or Corker or whoever. Doesn't matter if it is Dem or Republican. Why do the tax rates change in ten years for some and not for others? Could it be that there will be a new President? Don't know but I know bad news is always pushed out to the next administration. Anyway, any bill that is strictly written by and voted for by one party probably isn't the best bill for the country. Think affordable care act (Obamacare).
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X