I'm getting a little sick of Mcnabb and the sensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting a little sick of Mcnabb and the sensitivity

Poor Donovan Mcnabb. He had a radio broadcaster made a racist remark towards him and ESPN. He had TO bashing him every day. For a long time, the Eagles never game him any weapons. He got booed at the draft. How much money does he make, by the way?

I love Donovan Mcnabb, but these offseason dramas and his sensitivity has gotten maddening. He refused to take blame at Tampa when he threw a pass to LJ Smith, inside the 5, with no timeouts, and we missed out on a FG before the half. His remark was something to the effect of "I would have done the same thing again." Stubborn. Then there is the black on black crime comment, which Derrick Gunn didn't understand. When he asked him to explain it, Mcnabb nastily replied "if you don't understand it, it wasn't meant for you to understand." What an arrogant comment, especially if you saw the tone with which he said it. When he goes on national shows like ESPN and Best bleep sports show, when asked about the fans, he kind of takes his little digs at us. He and his family still can't forget that he was booed at the draft, even though A) the fans weren't booing him, they were booing the pick and B), it was 30 guys in the Dirty Thirty drudged up by Angelo on WIP radio, not the entire city. Then there is the explanation about how they didn't know how long TO could go in the Super Bowl due to his injury, and that caused the last TD drive to be so long time-wise. He says this two years after the fact! Why even bring it up? His explanation made no sense...

It just seems like, with time, Mcnabb's skin has gotten thinner and thinner as opposed to thicker and thicker. Derrick Gunn reported tonight that Mcnabb was "peeved" about the Eagles drafting Kolb and that he hadn't returned any phone calls in two days...yet he had enough time to email Michael Smith a sportswriter that he was befuddled by the pick.

I love Mcnabb as a QB, and hope he is successful the next two years. However, because of his mentality, I am looking forward to 2009 when Kolb takes over...and perhaps we have a QB that is not just a talent but a leader as well...

Good luck with that. I find it quite hilarious that everyone has pretty much stenciled Kolb in as an eventual starter, displacing McNabb, when the guy hasn't even taken a snap in minicamp yet. The odds are much greater that he will never amount to $hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
      Good luck with that. I find it quite hilarious that everyone has pretty much stenciled Kolb in as an eventual starter, displacing McNabb, when the guy hasn't even taken a snap in minicamp yet. The odds are much greater that he will never amount to $hit.
      Greg Cosell said today that Kolb will start in 2009. Mcnabb's contract is such that the Eagles can easily release him then without much of a cap hit, as his signing bonus is pretty much done after 2007. Now, if Mcnabb WOWS us with his play the next two years, things could change. However, don't expect that, with all of Mcnabb's injuries..chances are he gets worse rather than better.

Comment

Man, Greg Cosell must be one hell of a clairvoyant mofo is he's got Kolb penciled in to start in 09 when the guy hasn't even taken an NFL snap yet.

Comment

I really have nothing to add anymore to this silly and stupid debate...

McNabb is the best QB in Eagles history IMO and a great person.

I hope people remember when he is gone. I doubt they will especially here in Philadelphia where we seem to take a peculiar and peverse pleasure in attacking our own, but one can hope.
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Les Bowen even remarked today on Daily News Live how he has always taken Mcnabb's side on everything, but that he is really starting to change on that, especially with Mcnabb's sensitivity and some of the things he has said..or for instance, him being peeved over the Kolb pick, as reported by D. Gunn. Childish. I'm not saying Mcnabb is not the greatest QB in Eagles history..but is he getting better, or worse? Has the window passed with him? Has he reached the pinnacle of what he can be? I'm concerned that Mcnabb simply takes too long to drop back and deliver the ball. Always has held onto it too long, and I really saw that even more when Garcia was in there.. And then there is him tiring late in games, and is he a leader?

I realize that to some on this board, it is probably sacrireligious somehow to criticize Donovan or to even mention the post-Mcnabb era under Reid. And believe me, I DO appreciate Donovan. But there have been plenty of QB's that stayed around too long, and cost their franchises..Bledsoe, Marino, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas

Good, then STFU then!

LOL...I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Comment

This is not valid criticism of McNabb IMO...

This is bullshit personal nitpicking and sniping...do you know him personally? Have you ever met him or even been in the same room as him? How in hell would you know he is so overly sensitive as you claim??

Prove it...prove to me he is such a wuss as you say...show me the evidence that he is such a crybaby...

There is a ton of evidence he is VERY tough, resilient and has a huge character & personality...ALL the media speculation, manipulation and pot stirring is horsecrap IMO and CAUSES anyone with a brain stem to go nuts listening to it and hoping to hell the QB we respect and like will stay in town rather than finally ask out since even the thickest skin guys would hardly be able to deal with the level of crap he has had to deal with for years now...

When he finally leaves, we better hope Kolb or whoever else can carry 1/2 of his jock strap or we are in HUGE trouble... the guy is he best QB we have ever had and those do not come along very often...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by mcnabbmcnow
                  I realize that to some on this board, it is probably sacrireligious somehow to criticize Donovan or to even mention the post-Mcnabb era under Reid.
                  Well, I ain't one of those people. I don't think McNabb is perfect by a long shot. But I think it's ridiculous to pencil in Kolb as the starter in 09, or 08, or 07, or 11, or 12, or at all, when the guy hasn't even taken a snap in freakin minicamp yet.

And, if I'm Donovan, I'm not worried about any of this. Kolb has got one hell of a long way to go to even qualify as a suitable backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath

Good, then STFU then!

LOL...I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.
                    I know...I should be like Banner, but I cannot help myself...

-Andy Reid

Comment

This is not valid criticism of McNabb IMO...

This is bullshit personal nitpicking and sniping...do you know him personally? Have you ever met him or even been in the same room as him? How in hell would you know he is so overly sensitive as you claim??

Prove it...prove to me he is such a wuss as you say...show me the evidence that he is such a crybaby...

There is a ton of evidence he is VERY tough, resilient and has a huge character & personality...ALL the media speculation, manipulation and pot stirring is horsecrap IMO and CAUSES anyone with a brain stem to go nuts listening to it and hoping to hell the QB we respect and like will stay in town rather than finally ask out since even the thickest skin guys would hardly be able to deal with the level of crap he has had to deal with for years now...

When he finally leaves, we better hope Kolb or whoever else can carry 1/2 of his jock strap or we are in HUGE trouble... the guy is he best QB we have ever had and those do not come along very often...
                      if he is so GREAT as you say, why has the offense run just as good or better with Feeley and Garcia in there? Shouldn't there be a huge drop-off? I think it used to be nitpicking..but I think Mcnabb has developed an attitude lately, that I and others like Les Bowen, have picked up on, and don't like. I like someone who owns up to his mistakes, and I haven't heard that from Mcnabb. I used to like it when Mike McMahon would say "I stunk up the joint today. I apologize to the fans. I deserve to be booed." And you know what, with that attitude, the fans rarely got on him. He understood Philly fans, but sometimes I don't think Mcnabb does...he is much more friendly with national media than with local media..

Comment

McNabb in Not sensitive. The ones claiming he is are the real thin skinned ones.

Like a little 4 year old girl crying that her older brother is "looking at her".

Ironic really.

Comment

Sorry, I skipped right to the end of this thread.

I have just one question: What did McNabb do in the last 3 days besides supposedly not return a phone call immediately that has everyone so bent out of shape? This whole (non) controversy quite possibly baffles me more than any of the others in the past. It's as if we are suddenly starved for McNabb bashing, and we just can't wait until something tangible pops up so we're latching on to any small thing we can find.

I find it maddening.

Comment

I have opined on this (non)issue in a previous thread. And yes, YPCM, I find it perplexing. McNabb won't be an active Eagle forever. It will end one day for certain. Like taxes and death.

Hey, since Trent Green wants out of KC, and McNabb's (supposed) sensitivity act is wearing thin, maybe...

Comment

White man speaketh much truth.......

McNabbers, I am irritated by many of the same things that bother you about McNabb, but I'm at a point now where I just say, "who gives us the best chance to win"....and right now that is McNabb. If he's healthy. But I won't hesitate to kick him to the curb when a better option comes along. That's life in the Not For Long.

If Kolb turns out to be that better option.....cool.
                              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                              X