Nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nukes

Where does everybody stand here? Personally I don't think that nut job from North Korea wants to start a war and kill himself. We've got 20,000 troops on their border and start wars all over the world. I think the guy is just paranoid and maybe with good reason. I think the whole world hates us because we try to control everybody. Am I all wet here?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Where does everybody stand here? Personally I don't think that nut job from North Korea wants to start a war and kill himself. We've got 20,000 troops on their border and start wars all over the world. I think the guy is just paranoid and maybe with good reason. I think the whole world hates us because we try to control everybody. Am I all wet here?

I don't think the whole world hates us but your point about trying "to control everybody" has merit. We have a rich history of removing from power, or at least greasing the skids for, heads of state with whom we had problems. The unforeseen consequences of removing the "devil we know" in a foreign country is quite often the even worse power(s) that comes in to fill the void...Lybia and Iraq being the most recent examples.

Jong-un is a dangerous, viscous, murderer who, like his father and GFer before him, would do anything to remain in power. That said, he is not wrong to believe the US (and probably others) would off him immediately if they had the opportunity.

BTW, I understand we have closer to 30,000 US military within NK's artillery range not to mention thousands of Americans living/working in Seoul. To a man, military authorities contend that NK has massive and superbly dug in conventional artillery sufficient to annihilate Seoul with it's population of over 10 million in the densely populated city proper and 25 million in the greater metropolitan area.

I'm not aware of anyone who is familiar with the vulnerability of Seoul that does not believe that death tolls in the 100s of thousands would result from a concerted artillery attack from NK using conventional weapons alone.

Impulsive, ego driven, insufficiently advised decisions or miscalculations, whether made by their immature leader or ours, could easily result in an horrific loss of life of historic proportions even without the use of nuclear weapons.

Comment

I'm not sure we have the right to tell any country if they can arm to defend themselves or not. As usual, Trump responds with a not so clear message about what he's going to do. How about the statement "we don't want aggression but if we are attacked we have the power to turn your country into rubble in minutes before your missiles get close to us". Nope, he has to come out with his shoot from the hip comments and it's not like he didn't have time to plan what he was going to say.

Another thing to think about is where China stands on this?

And how about a deal like Kennedy pulled with the Russians with secret deals about pulling our missiles out of Turkey? How about if they offer Russia to lift sanctions if they come out and back us?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
      X