Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burton gets 4 yr Deal

Bears sign Trey Burton for 4 yrs and 32 mill
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    Bears sign Trey Burton for 4 yrs and 32 mill
    Holy Friekin Shit!!!!!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

That's a lot of coin betting on future production. I am happy for Trey and his family. However, enjoy playing for that terrible offense on a team that will probably be in last place in that division again. Maybe he'll be the backup qb too?

Comment

they have a good RB, a good young QB, a pretty good WR and now Burton. They won't have a terrible offense. I just don't know how you give him 8 mill/yr
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Yeah, they look "LOOK" like they are starting to turn it around... but 8 mill is a lot of dough.

Comment

And a big contract is important if he wasn't coming back here. Big contract = high supplemental pick (since we can presume the Eagles aren't signing anyone to a similar deal to offset it.)

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
              And a big contract is important if he wasn't coming back here. Big contract = high supplemental pick (since we can presume the Eagles aren't signing anyone to a similar deal to offset it.)
              Now there's something to be happy about. It's looking more likely that Nick isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Burton Hurt by Eagles lack of an offer

Trey Burton feels 'hurt' by Eagles

By Dave Zangaro | NBC Sports Philadelphia March 13, 2018 5:35 PM

Trey Burton will always be a hero in Philadelphia. He’ll always be the guy who helped pull off one of the most magical plays in Super Bowl history. He’ll always be the player who worked his way up from an undrafted rookie to a fan favorite.
                So it’s unfortunate he might be leaving Philadelphia with a slightly bad taste in his mouth.
                Burton, who has agreed to a four-year, $32 million deal with the Bears, a league source confirmed (see story), joined the WIP afternoon show on Tuesday and was asked about the conversations his agent had with the Eagles about possibly retaining him.
                Those conversations apparently didn’t get too far.
                “Nah, I was really disappointed, man, honestly,” Burton said. “If I’m going to be open and transparent, I was really disappointed there wasn’t any offer. Didn’t even seem like they were really trying to make it happen. In reality, you can make anything happen if you really want to. That was my mindset. I’m really disappointed in that. It kind of hurt me a little bit.
                “But I’m excited about where I’m going and where we’re heading. I think it’s a great fit for us. Really good days are on the horizon.”
                In some ways, Burton is right. If the Eagles really wanted to retain him, they could have prioritized moving money around to fit him in. But Burton’s new deal with Chicago will pay him $8 million annually, making him the fifth-highest-paid tight end in the NFL. Well, the Eagles already have one guy above him on that list in Zach Ertz. And with Ertz and Brent Celek (who was released on Tuesday) also on the roster, Burton played just 27 percent of the Eagles’ offensive snaps in 2017.
                So it just wasn’t in the Eagles’ best interest to throw this kind of money at Burton.
                It’s unclear if the Eagles made a run at Burton during the 2017 season, but they did try to sign him during the 2016 season. Instead, the Eagles placed a second-round tender on him as an RFA to keep him in the building and push off his inevitable free agency.
                While Burton admitted he was hurt about the lack of attempt to re-sign him from the Eagles, he said he’ll always be an Eagle at heart and he made sure to thank the organization for giving him his start. Burton, who lives in the Tampa area, threw out the first pitch at the Phillies’ spring training game on Tuesday.
                “My agent and I thought it was a good idea,” Burton said. “Like a final farewell to Philadelphia. It was really cool.”

Comment

He is an ex Eagles so Fuck em. Seriously I wish Trey luck in Chicago except when they play the Eagles
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I don't blame him for being disappointed but they really did go out of their way to keep him to begin with if I remember right. Wasn't he taken in as a FA with no position when he got here? Was he drafted by somebody else first? I seem to remember something like that.

Comment

Hard choices had to be made...... TE's seem to be a "plentiful" option I think.

Comment

I liked Burton and would have loved to have him stay but there wasn't much chance of them paying him what he is worth and only playing part time. Not saying he is worth the 8 mil but he is going to prove to be one of the better TEs in the league if playing full time. I wish him well but as with McCoy and all the others they are now playing for someone else so ..... don't care how they do.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          I liked Burton and would have loved to have him stay but there wasn't much chance of them paying him what he is worth and only playing part time. Not saying he is worth the 8 mil but he is going to prove to be one of the better TEs in the league if playing full time. I wish him well but as with McCoy and all the others they are now playing for someone else so ..... don't care how they do.
                          He's the best passing one anyway.

Comment

Burton is getting Gronkowski money.

Comment

sentimentally we would love to keep everyone, but How many snaps do they get as Eagles ? Allen made 20 tackles and is sure to get a nice bump. Burton I believe played like 20% of the snaps. With the loss of Celek he might not even get a bump in playing time, Celek didn't get many targets. I don't see Burton getting to 265 and blocking many people. He feels upset, sorry, but the Birds weren't gonna pay anywhere close to 8 mill.

Comment

Working...
                              X