X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kearse update

Eagles DE Kearse on the mend

Written by: Bob Glauber ¦ 3/14/2007

Eagles defensive end Jevon Kearse suffered what some team officials feared was a career-ending injury in Week 2 against the Giants last season. Kearse tore three of his four ligaments, all but the anterior cruciate ligament. And he suffered cartiliage damage and a severe bone bruise as well.

But Kearse is doing exceptionally well in his rehab, and there is little doubt he’ll return next season. Maybe not in time for mini-camp, but team sources tell me he’ll be ready to go at the start of training camp. Kearse said before last season he’d hoped to break the NFL sack record, and he had 3 ½ sacks in his first two games before being hurt.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Great news, Thanks BE.

Comment

i actually expect our d line to be the strength of our d, and i dont think our secondary is all too shabby

here's to hoping some kids step up and can play lb
      Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

He looked so good last year. What a huge loss. Let's hope that he can return to form.
        www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
          He looked so good last year. What a huge loss. Let's hope that he can return to form.
          You're right 'Toga. The Freak is an incredibly gifted athlete when healthy, motivated and supported. I think he really looked forward to having Howard as his partner in crime, was poised to take off and did so briefly till he went down. Since he was supposedly ready to play in the post-season had it been permissable, I see no reason he is not cranked up to make up for lost time this year. Despite what we hear constantly from all the bleating hearts in Negadelphia this is a very talented team and Kearse's clock is ticking. He could/should be one nasty sumbitch this year.

Comment

Working...
          X