Philly.Sportscolumn.com

Philly.Sportscolumn.com (http://philly.sportscolumn.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://philly.sportscolumn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Christian Hip Hop (http://philly.sportscolumn.com/showthread.php?t=1403)

Young 07-22-2006 05:12 PM

Christian Hip Hop

Have any of you listened to christian hip hop/rap? If not, check out these guys:
Mr. Del
KJ-52
Lecrae
Pettidee

If you have listened to some, who are your favorites?

-Young

Young 07-22-2006 05:23 PM

Oh yea, and the group Grits. I think they even had a song on Big Momma's House 2.

-Young

reesecal 07-23-2006 11:59 PM

Re: Christian Hip Hop

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young
Have any of you listened to christian hip hop/rap? If not, check out these guys:
Mr. Del
KJ-52
Lecrae
Pettidee

If you have listened to some, who are your favorites?

-Young

my favorite of all time is a rapper named knowdaverbs - i dont know that he's around anymore,

and also - the Cross Movement is so phfat you have to use a ph AND an f,

a bunch of them went to college where a few friends of mine went at Philadelphia Biblical University,

i still get tingles listening to their song 'off the hook'

--

i also enjoy john reuben a lot, and 'no regrets' is great stuff too...

BIGPHILLY 07-24-2006 11:54 AM

Not Hip Hop but Dave Crowder Band is simply insane. Nice thread. No one talks about Christian music over here...I'll have to check out some of these as I kind of gave up Hip Hop when i began listening to Christian music fulltime.

Young 07-24-2006 12:37 PM

Yea, knowdaverbs is still around i think(?). But all of those groups are great. Cross Movement is a really good group. But yea, christian music is just as good as secular(better).

-Young

reesecal 07-24-2006 01:33 PM

to be honest, kinda ot, i've been 'away from God' as it were for a bit, and my music interest has been pretty much nowhere.

i'm on the path back, and hope to get ahold of some more goodstuff - thanks for the names young

Young 07-24-2006 04:03 PM

no problem man.

-Young

BIGPHILLY 07-24-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reesecal
to be honest, kinda ot, i've been 'away from God' as it were for a bit, and my music interest has been pretty much nowhere.

i'm on the path back, and hope to get ahold of some more goodstuff - thanks for the names young

* Hope you find your way. I'll pray for you. The world has nothing to offer us that doesn't result in emptiness.

Read Romans 7 for encouragement from Paul.

reesecal 07-25-2006 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGPHILLY
Quote:

Originally Posted by reesecal

* Hope you find your way. I'll pray for you. The world has nothing to offer us that doesn't result in emptiness.

Read Romans 7 for encouragement from Paul.

thanks bp!
we used to call that section the 'dr. seuss' verses:

15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Young 07-25-2006 07:19 PM

Yea, I'll be praying for you too. I also like what Romans 1:16 says.

16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

It's where Lecrae gets the thing he calls the 116 clique. Lecrae says that the 116 clique is the crew that ain't afraid to rep His name(that's what it says in his cd called real talk).

-Young