Anyone beside me digging Deadwood ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone beside me digging Deadwood ?

Some serious stuff happening right now. Can't wait to see Woo bring his 150 chink corksuckers to camp.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

GREAT season 3 for Deadwood! I'm sad that the show is ending.

Comment

Gerald McRaney and Ian McShane both better at least be nominated for Emmies. This and Brotherhood have really made Sunday nights good TV nights this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by PMD
        Gerald McRaney and Ian McShane both better at least be nominated for Emmies.
        NO QUESTION ABOUT IT. MCSHANE ESPECIALLY IS PHENOMENAL.

Comment

Love Deadwood. My favorite show on TV right now, and I can't freaking believe that they're canceling it. Very much looking forward to this Sunday, even if it is the last episode.
          The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleIggle
            Love Deadwood. My favorite show on TV right now, and I can't freaking believe that they're canceling it. Very much looking forward to this Sunday, even if it is the last episode.
            Supposedly the plan is for the creator to do 2 or 3 Deadwood 'movies' that are about 2 hours each, in order to wrap things up next year. I really hope though that he reconsiders and agrees to do the show for another season.

I don't know this to be true, but i'm guessing that this is a money dispute between HBO and the creator. He claims that it's 'run it's course' and doesn't want to do the show anymore, but i have a hunch that if HBO stepped up and threw some additional cash at him he'd come back for a 4th season.

Comment

The show itself has to cost a ton to make. With the elaborate sets, to having all those actors on location, along with the horses and all the extras.

Comment

Originally posted by PMD
                The show itself has to cost a ton to make. With the elaborate sets, to having all those actors on location, along with the horses and all the extras.
                I assumed that the Deadwood town set was built in Los Angeles. If not on a studio lot, then probably close by.

It's not really in South Dakota or some other statem is it?

Comment

My understanding is that exterior shots are done on location - a lot of the extras are South Dakota townies - but that interior shots are done in a studio. They did the same thing with the old Northern Exposure series.
                  The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Working...
                  X