Philly.Sportscolumn.com

Philly.Sportscolumn.com (http://philly.sportscolumn.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://philly.sportscolumn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Radiohead East Coast Tour (http://philly.sportscolumn.com/showthread.php?t=15397)

sfphillyfan 03-08-2012 01:00 PM

Radiohead East Coast Tour

:banana::koolaid::banana::koolaid::banana:

stock - you going?

stevemc 03-08-2012 03:28 PM

I know they are trying to defeat the whole scalper thing but god that process sucked this morning!

sfphillyfan 03-08-2012 04:01 PM

I had 3 browsers going trying to see which one made it through the entire process.

It also makes it an incredible pain in the ass to sell your tickets in case you don't want them.

I am thinking of trying to get Sec 102 tickets but then what the hell am I gonna do with the other extra pair that I have? (not yours steve.)

I don't want to deal with meeting up with someone I don't know the day of the show. Also, can't these guys play somewhere on this side of the river?

stevemc 03-08-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfphillyfan (Post 206235)
I had 3 browsers going trying to see which one made it through the entire process.

It also makes it an incredible pain in the ass to sell your tickets in case you don't want them.

I am thinking of trying to get Sec 102 tickets but then what the hell am I gonna do with the other extra pair that I have? (not yours steve.)

I don't want to deal with meeting up with someone I don't know the day of the show. Also, can't these guys play somewhere on this side of the river?

That parking lot is a nightmare over there but what the hell....it's Radiohead! I think the will call line is going to be ridiculous so I may get there WAY early.

sfphillyfan 03-08-2012 06:54 PM

tailgate!

stevemc 03-09-2012 08:21 AM

I'm in!

stocknowledge 03-20-2012 03:14 PM

At this point, I am not going to see them (They are playing at Verizon Center here in DC), because I was overseas when the tickets went on sale and I knew that I didn't have a chance of getting tix through Ticketmaster.

I also have to say that I have soured a bit on Radiohead after the last CD.

My son saw them in Tampa, and said the show was great, so I may have to spring to see them here in DC.

Hope they put on a great show in Philly.

sfphillyfan 03-20-2012 08:24 PM

King of Limbs was not good. As long as they don't insist on playing every song from the album, the show should be good.

stevemc 03-21-2012 09:34 AM

Yeah - I was disappointed by King of Limbs. I still love Bloom and I'd put the last 4 tunes (Lotus Flower, Codex, Give Up the Ghost & Separator) as extremely good. It still pales in comparison to the others. They were way too indulgent on this one (at least Thom was). I think a # of the tunes (especially Bloom) will be awesome in concert. Don't give me that Morning Mr. Magpie, Little By Little & Feral crap. I think they're single releases since have been good (The Daily Mail, Staircase, These are my twisted words).

stocknowledge 03-21-2012 10:48 AM

Seems like they mixed it up pretty well in Tampa! I would have loved to attend that concert! Here is the set list:

Set: Bloom, Little By Little, Staircase, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, Morning Mr Magpie, Meeting In The Aisle, Pyramid Song, Nude, Identikit, Lotus Flower, There There, Feral, Idioteque, The Daily Mail, Bodysnatchers, Reckoner
Encore: Separator, All I Need, Myxomatosis, True Love Waits/Everything In Its Right Place
Encore2: Give up The Ghost, Karma Police, Street Spirit [fade out]