Something maybe we can all agree on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something maybe we can all agree on.

Assuming that this is the guy that shot and killed the young female driver, can we agree he should be executed?
    My preference would be slowly and very painfully.

'Suspect Charged in 'Savage' Road Rage Killing of Teenager '

LINK:http://www.newser.com/story/245134/s...mpaign=rss_top

Even as lacking in common civility as we have all too often become toward one another,
    IMO there is simply no place among us for human dog shit like this.

I just don't understand this world.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Went back to the office last week to bulls*** and see the fellas. One of the guys had recently saved a thirtysomething's life with Narcan. Went through all kinds of gyrations to protect himself from fentanyl exposure first. I just don't why it is so important for cops to be carrying this stuff to save all these people. I know I am not all hug em and love em nor am I all cuddly for these people but I don't have a desire to see all these people throw away their lives either. They're the ones that headed down that road. First time a cop or medic gets exposed to fentanyl and dies we're going to wonder why.
      As for the road rage pos.....bad that it was a young girl but it doesn't matter. Jerk should suffer the same fate. If fentanyl works so fast to kill during an overdose why isn't it good enough to use in prison.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        I just don't understand this world.

It happens that I'm quite familiar with the merge of PA100 and US202 where this tragedy took place. It's nothing difficult to negotiate. At rush hour it gets a little more hectic during 'rush hour' as traffic picks up. But all it takes is a little common sense, recognition of the fact that we need to share the road with the other guy, and a half ounce of courtesy. It's no different than a thousand other 'merges' in the US.

Shouldn't be a problem but...enter the 'asshole' into the equation.

It's my view that proportion of certified assholes in our culture has seen a sharp increase in the last 15 to 20 years. This sub species seem to regard motor vehicles more as penis substitutes than as a means of transportation. Driving offers the asshole endless opportunities to act 'big and bad'.

As I think I've admitted before, I've got a short fuse and a strong inclination to yell "asshole" when I believe the other driver has behaved rudely or stupidly. I'm trying really hard to stop doing that. People are getting angrier and crazier. And to make things worse, a lot of the assholes are now also carrying. (Not meant as a criticism of gun owners, just of assholes!)

Comment

I used to be like that tino. Now I just say to myself I'm glad that he missed me.

Part of the asshole problem is that we now are forced to put up with them. I noticed all of this stuff changing when they ended the draft back in the 70''s. Education used to be a privilege, not a right. When we went to high school and you wanted to flunk you also had that option but you were shipped into the army at 18 to grow up. Now schools are nursemaids to these little beauties. Everybody has an excuse for whatever their problem is. Programs for this, programs for that. I feel bad for many of them because their behavior does have a reason, but that still doesn't change the fact that they are assholes and I had to put up with them at my other students expense.

The old sink or swim approach is gone. I had challenged kids in my neighborhood and they all grew up fine and made their way through life and some pretty successfully too. I shudder to think what would have happened to them if they went through the system now.

I'm a firm believer in locking up assholes and throwing away the key. And this bullshit about ending capital punishment because it is not a deterrent is just that-bullshit! These city kids just see jail as a way of life. There's a reason prisons are overcrowded now. Everything is OK except for victims. I know that I'm preaching to the choir, end of rant.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
          X