Philly.Sportscolumn.com

Philly.Sportscolumn.com (http://philly.sportscolumn.com/index.php)
-   Eagles Fans Only 2017 (http://philly.sportscolumn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Garappolo 5 years for $137 million! (http://philly.sportscolumn.com/showthread.php?t=23373)

Eagle60 02-08-2018 02:41 PM

Garappolo 5 years for $137 million!

:omg:

musicman 02-08-2018 02:48 PM

has he thrown 300 career passes yet ?

Eagle60 02-08-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman (Post 320850)
has he thrown 300 career passes yet ?

How big is Cousins' smile right now? And I hope Nick doesn't see that headline, or Carson for that matter!!

musicman 02-08-2018 02:56 PM

I can see Carson going the Brady route and leaving some on the table

FairOaks 02-08-2018 04:24 PM

Carson will get 30+ a year unless he goes the Brady route and gives the Eagles some breathing room for the rest of the roster. Not sure the NFLPA would be happy with that.

NoDakIggle 02-08-2018 04:48 PM

Carson will cost all that. I wouldn't be surprised he will take the minimum he can but he will get a lot of pressure to keep the bar high for other players contracts. He may renegotiate as the years go on to help the team out but that first contract will be significant. Have to see what happens to Cousins but by the time Carson comes due it might be 32 mil a year.

Vet Turf 02-08-2018 05:40 PM

Foles is signed for next year. Unless something catastrophic happens to Wentz, Foles won't see anything like that from the Eagles.

As for Carson, we'll have to see how he has recovered. I have no idea whether he'll ask for max market or whether he'll keep the big picture in mind (cough, Flacco, cough). At a minimum this team has seen the value of winning here in this environment (the locker room and the city) vs chasing more $$$ elsewhere. There will be some who will leave for bigger dollars (that includes coaches) but I think there will be talent on the outside willing to take less to be here. It is possible I am still drunk on the euphoria of their win and I am overestimating the allure of Lurie's Eagles to the rest of the players in the league but I am optimistic.

WCPhan 02-08-2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vet Turf (Post 320882)
Foles is signed for next year. Unless something catastrophic happens to Wentz, Foles won't see anything like that from the Eagles.

As for Carson, we'll have to see how he has recovered. I have no idea whether he'll ask for max market or whether he'll keep the big picture in mind (cough, Flacco, cough). At a minimum this team has seen the value of winning here in this environment (the locker room and the city) vs chasing more $$$ elsewhere. There will be some who will leave for bigger dollars (that includes coaches) but I think there will be talent on the outside willing to take less to be here. It is possible I am still drunk on the euphoria of their win and I am overestimating the allure of Lurie's Eagles to the rest of the players in the league but I am optimistic.

Flacco told them F You when they talked about a more cap friendly contract. But, pretty much, both Foles and Wentz and now Kelce!!! can earn Millions in endorsements by staying with the Eagles. They will never have the same appeal outside of the Delaware Valley although, they're both pretty young, so who knows how many more playoff games they can win together. Plus, they have the whole GodSquad thing going on with Ertz and I can't remember who else is in that group. They will not find that at another team.

WCPhan 02-08-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle60 (Post 320847)
:omg:

Quote:

The deal includes $74 million in guaranteed money, per NBC Sports Bay Area and ESPNís Adam Schefter reports the three-year cash total will be shy of just $90 million, also the largest in NFL history.
Well, that just fucked the 49ers cap for the next five years.

Eagle60 02-08-2018 06:11 PM

I think Carson and Nick might be exceptions to some extent, but I did see Reggie follow the money and that's what everybody including us does in the end.