When did this happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did this happen?

The Cardinals are TIED for the division lead with the Reds of all teams! Do they need Pujols or what? What a one-man team.
    "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talkin' trash like that."

Re: When did this happen?

Originally posted by ActionJackson
    The Cardinals are TIED for the division lead with the Reds of all teams! Do they need Pujols or what? What a one-man team.
    Easy there, you're talking about a team that won 100 games the last two years in a row, and won the NL pennant only 2 years ago. The Reds have quite a pitching staff, and are streaking now. The Cards are struggling a little without Pujols, but their pitching staff will get them through this. Certainly not a one-man team.
    I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

To me their pitching staff doesn't seem as strong as it has been in past years. Mulder is really struggling and I wouldn't trust Sidney Ponson at all.

The bright spot on their team right now is Scott Rolen, who is tearing up opposing pitchers with his .343 average. I think they will still easily win the division and that the Reds eventually won't be a factor, but for right now this should be big news.
      "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talkin' trash like that."

Comment

Eckstein is also having a career-year average-wise (.319). Mulder will snap out of it tonight against Milwaukie, and anything we get out of Ponson is a bonus.

That said, the Reds are no joke. Bronson Arroyo was a huge pickup for them, and Aaron Harang is also having a great year. Follow that with Eric Milton, and a great lineup, and you got a pennant race. But, of course, the Cards will win the division.

Comment

Ponson is an asshat.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Re: When did this happen?

What a one-man team.
            The "one-man team" is back in the division lead, by 3 games, without Pujols.

Comment

Scott Rolen is absolutely nailing the ball right now. I have him on my fantasy team...

and he' s hitting .358 currently!

Comment

Scott Rolen is absolutely nailing the ball right now. I have him on my fantasy team...

and he' s hitting .358 currently!
                He's really picking up the slack offensively. He's certainly not hitting homeruns the way Pujols was, but he's hitting doubles like they're going out of style. Plus, he's the best third baseman in the game defensively.

Comment

Working...
                X