Comment

Comment

Emmanuel AchoVerified account‏@thEMANacho12h12 hours ago
        "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

• Retweets 2,518
        • Likes 1,869

2,518 retweets 1,869 likes

Guess Ocho wasn't a fan
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

see ya
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I didn't expect this but it had to happen. Kelly's total lack of accountability in saying he isn't the GM was foolish! He treatment of DJAX, McCoy, Mathis and Cole were terrible. the Murray thing never made sense to me. And the trade for Bradford didn't go anywhere. So where do they go? I am hoping with NFL lifers at this point. No hot shot coordinator. I thinking Payton, Hue Jackson, with Mike Smith as a dark horse. Te funny thing is that this team would be an ideal destination for a lot of coaches. You have good RBs. Some pretty good players on defense plus an owner who doesn't meddle and willing to spend money. I do not think next year will be as bad as everyone says. Take that ass whooping on Sunday and draft in the top ten. 3rd place schedule in the NFC East? you get St Louis, NO or TB plus the NFC North with really only two good teams? I can see another 10 or more win season. I believe there are guys (coaches and players now) who are salivating to come here

Comment

No wonder this team quit on Kelly. The guy demands full control of the team and then denies it to the world??? That sent me through the roof, and I'm sure it did the same thing to Lurie. I feel like I'm a part of this team with all the years that I've invested in them and he pulls that crap. I actually feel betrayed. Just think what the players feel like!! Lurie must have gone ape shit!

The guy has complete control of everything that happens, even when custodians take coffee breaks and he pulls that crap? He blames everybody but himself-coward, coward, COWARD!

The team doesn't respond to him, but goes out and beats the best team in football because the owner gives them a pep talk? There's a real leader for you. Seeya. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

man I love the media and fans. One losing season and all of a sudden we relive the Desean thing. This offense was just as good when he left. Being outbid for Maclin was more painful.

anywho.....I'm not thrilled with this move. Change is not always a good thing and IMHO this puts the team in more of a rebuild move than anything. Chip being back with a few moves and we could have contended next year.

so many head coaches have terrible records and show no sign of growth and they are still employed

I am betting sticking with them has just as much success as making a change. The ole Chuck Noll, Cowher, Tomlin thing. Marvin Lewis still in Cincy. Ron Rivera in Carolina.

I get that it is not all the record, etc. But what did Lurie think when Chip asked for control so he could get his players? Did he think that could be pulled off in one year? That there would be no struggles through this?

I hope this works out. I really do. But I am sick of changes coaches and fickle Philly fans and media always thinking change is the way to go all of the time.

oh well, I bleed green so I hope we are making the right move

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                  Two words gentlemen, Sean McDermott. Book it!!
                  the same dude we all ran out of town as garbage is all of a sudden a great head coach candidate? yikes

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                    man I love the media and fans. One losing season and all of a sudden we relive the Desean thing. This offense was just as good when he left. Being outbid for Maclin was more painful.

anywho.....I'm not thrilled with this move. Change is not always a good thing and IMHO this puts the team in more of a rebuild move than anything. Chip being back with a few moves and we could have contended next year.

so many head coaches have terrible records and show no sign of growth and they are still employed

I am betting sticking with them has just as much success as making a change. The ole Chuck Noll, Cowher, Tomlin thing. Marvin Lewis still in Cincy. Ron Rivera in Carolina.

I get that it is not all the record, etc. But what did Lurie think when Chip asked for control so he could get his players? Did he think that could be pulled off in one year? That there would be no struggles through this?

I hope this works out. I really do. But I am sick of changes coaches and fickle Philly fans and media always thinking change is the way to go all of the time.

oh well, I bleed green so I hope we are making the right move
                    Dawk, I understand your feelings on this and honestly I was surprised by the move. However we have watched Lurie for a long time. He is a patient and loyal almost to a fault type of owner. The timing of this tells me Kelly balked at something Lurie asked and also the accountability factor. Kelly stood at a podium and said he isn't the GM. That was complete garbage. Lurie wasn't going to stand for that.

Comment

I am sad. I really wanted Chip to be the one, not because of any affinity for Chip but because I wanted someone fresh, innovative and smart to lead this team to contending.

Now we start the fuck over. What new coach is going to want Sam? Why would Sam stay? The oline and QB will be new. Hitting the "reset" button sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                        Dawk, I understand your feelings on this and honestly I was surprised by the move. However we have watched Lurie for a long time. He is a patient and loyal almost to a fault type of owner. The timing of this tells me Kelly balked at something Lurie asked and also the accountability factor. Kelly stood at a podium and said he isn't the GM. That was complete garbage. Lurie wasn't going to stand for that.
                        I admit that I was leaning more toward where dawk is on this (continuity), but you and E60 make a compelling point, re: accountability. I started losing faith in Kelly after the Dallas loss and increasingly so after each subsequent loss. Nevertheless, I figured that generally staying the course might be the best move. Just make some adjustments to the staff, roster, and scheme. But if Kelly balks at such a move? What then? And then to say that he really didn't have a hand in the GM aspect of team operations in the wake of the much publicized power struggle?

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                          I am sad. I really wanted Chip to be the one, not because of any affinity for Chip but because I wanted someone fresh, innovative and smart to lead this team to contending.

Now we start the fuck over. What new coach is going to want Sam? Why would Sam stay? The oline and QB will be new. Hitting the "reset" button sucks.
                          Concur 100%.

Comment

Yeah, it's not simply about results......which sucked. You look at what Kelly has created with his "culture", and this had become a dysfunctional organization. The front office, the players in the locker room. Players that had Been jettisoned......players that had been acquired, poorly evaluated and overpaid..........the "Kelly experiment" had failed in so many ways. I don't know how anyone wants continuity from THAT.
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

It sounds like Kelly has learned his lesson-and is a lying POS too

Report: Chip Kelly wants to remain in the NFL

Hours after news of Chip Kelly's firing rocked the NFL world on Tuesday, the now-former Eagles coach and personnel head spoke with Jay Glazer of FOX Sports in his first interview with any media member, to discuss his firing, his feelings about how his time in Philadelphia ended and his plans going forward.

"Four different times during our conversation," Glazer said, "[Kelly] told me, 'I absolutely want to coach in the NFL.' I asked him, 'Do you want to go to college, or the NFL?' He said, 'No, I want to stay in the NFL.'"

The other thing he told Glazer about his wishes for his next stop:

"I don't want to go somewhere and be the GM. … I just want to go coach somewhere, somewhere where there's a GM and a personnel guy and I can just coach again."

Does he hold any animosity toward Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie?

"There is no animosity toward Jeffrey Lurie," Glazer said. "Zero.

"The issue is when you're the head coach and the GM and the personnel director in the building, if things don't work out, there are a lot of things you're going to be judged on. You're not just going to be judged on just your coaching ability, and obviously there's a lot more at play here than just his coaching ability. So I wouldn't say there's animosity. Is he disappointed? Yes, he's definitely disappointed. Did he want to get fired? No, he didn't want to get fired."
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                                Yeah, it's not simply about results......which sucked. You look at what Kelly has created with his "culture", and this had become a dysfunctional organization. The front office, the players in the locker room. Players that had Been jettisoned......players that had been acquired, poorly evaluated and overpaid..........the "Kelly experiment" had failed in so many ways. I don't know how anyone wants continuity from THAT.
                                Bingo!

If he has lost the players ---- his culture failed. And we all now seem to know that it is Chips way or the highway... so his attempt at "culture" failed and he wasn't going to change it.

His moves these last 2 years didn't just have us scratching our heads but almost every football pundit in America. While everybody was mesmerized by the quick tempo in year one, and that led many to hope that maybe he really would be an innovator... but IMM that excitement was there ONLY in year one.

His choices after that seemed to reflect more it being about Chip than it was about trying to win in the NFL. Hey, he may turnout to be the the next Belicheat, but unfortunately we might have been his Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                                X