Well it is Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it is Saturday

We have all heard and read everything people can spout. One of the things that you can't avoid is the story line that Nick Foles is the birds QB today while Matt Ryan is the Atlanta QB; so really the birds are only showing up because they have to. They don't stand a chance to win.
    But, as always, Foles isn't playing against Ryan. As always we need to talk about the Atl O against the birds D---a D that is one of the best in the NFL. If the D shows up the way they can they should be able to limit the Atl O. The other side is the Philly O. Is it less than it was with Wentz--of course. Doesn't mean they can't score. What it means is you have an average QB just like Trent Dilfer et al. Nick just needs to make a few plays. He isn't fleet of foot but I hope like hell he runs once or twice just to keep the D honest. Johnson and Kelce need to play like pro bowlers and open a hole or two while Big V needs to hold his own. Finally, special teams need to pin Atl deep and Elliot hit the FGs. Fly Eagles Fly
    I'm okay with this matchup. Eagles 17 Atl 9
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Atlanta has a pretty solid defense too. The equalizer in this game IMM is our DTs. If we hit Ryan early and often he won’t be effective and they will be forced ro run more. Stopping the run is our strong suit. Get after Ryan from the first snap and se win this one 24-17.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

The defense that scores a TD is the team that wins today IMO
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        Nick just needs to make a few plays. He isn't fleet of foot but I hope like hell he runs once or twice just to keep the D honest.
        It seemed pretty obvious that Nick had been instructed not to risk injury by running. That leash should be off now as there's no prize for having a healthy QB at the end of a playoff loss.

Comment

I don't know that Sudfield is any better or worse than Nick so I'm not looking for NIck to run people over but he can't be indecisive. Run for three yards and get down or out of bounds but I would like to see him show the willingness.
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I thought 17-9 but I will take 15-10.
            Foles has rough edges but this team has talent. Won't be easy next week no matter who they play but Doug & Co need o put in a good game plan. Give Foles comfortable plays, run the ball, take away the run game, and make whoever beat you with the pass. Our secondary isn't great but a little pressure from the DL and they can hold their own. Nick needs some confidence and this may have given it to him
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              I thought 17-9 but I will take 15-10.
              Foles has rough edges but this team has talent. Won't be easy next week no matter who they play but Doug & Co need o put in a good game plan. Give Foles comfortable plays, run the ball, take away the run game, and make whoever beat you with the pass. Our secondary isn't great but a little pressure from the DL and they can hold their own. Nick needs some confidence and this may have given it to him
              I'm sure that we will be playing Minnesota ND. In fact I already bet the game. Dome teams don't lose at home and our crowd had a huge influence in our win today. That's my take on things anyway.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I'm sure that we will be playing Minnesota ND. In fact I already bet the game. Dome teams don't lose at home and our crowd had a huge influence in our win today. That's my take on things anyway.

Dome team vs. dome team. Something has to give. I’m just glad the winner is coming to Philly.

Comment

The Saints worry me ..... far more than the Vikings. I think we have a shot with Minny but I’m not sure about our ability to keep up with Brees in a shoot out. I don’t expect to win against NE or Pitt either but then again there more times than I want to think about last night when I didn’t expect to win either. No matter what happens moving forward, this team has been amazing this year!
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I think Minnesota wins today also. 27-17
                    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Yea, Minny has a team this year and I expect a win but I never, ever discount Drew Brees
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Working...
                      X