No announcement yet.

Sixers, Fun To Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They went undefeated in their 5 game homestand. They won last night without Embiid and at one point they were down 24 points. They made a rousing comeback with Marco Bellinelli having a terrific debut. Gotta love where this team is headed!

Comment

Haven't seen any games lately but it looks like they are still hanging on. Certainly appears Simmons and Embiid were worth waiting for.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Big win in Cleveland last night. Could Lebron make the jump to Philly??!!

Comment

Yea I watched the game last night; good win although I think Cleveland had some opportunities that they blew. James was very friendly with both Embiid and Simmons but I just don't think he winds up in Philly. It would be a hell of an end to the process though.
          Philly has a nice team but they are good not great nice I think. James would really be an addition
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Agreed on James. On the back to back nights last night, they started sluggish and then scored 34 in the 4th to win by 11. Nice bounce back. I think they are better than you give them credit NoDak. To get Ilyasova and Belinelli for nothing has really added to the bench. The starting 5 statistically puts them as one of the best starting 5s in the league. It's their depth at issue and they've helped to solidify that.

Comment

I'd agree with your take on adding of Ilysova and Belinelli. Belinelli esp did some nice stuff against Cleveland.
              I will confess to some Philly negativity toward the Sixers last few years and have a bit of a 'prove it' attitude toward the process. It appears they are proving it though.
              Still not sure they can stay with the top teams in a seven game series but they are showing people they have to be taken seriously. Bottom line is you are spot on that they are fun to watch again.
              Never saw any take from you on the Eagles win. Are you still savoring the taste of a super bowl win?
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

I am still basking in the glow of the SB NoDak! I have told everyone I can now die a happy sports fan. It was all I ever needed to see in my lifetime and that dream is now fulfilled. It doesn't mean I don't want more out of my teams but I am not gratified.

As for the Sixers.......really bad loss last night against Milwaukee considering they had two 19 point leads at different points. They are still a young team and will have these games. It's also another game in a string of some quick turnarounds (3 games in 4 days). They'll bounce back and the schedule becomes favorable again here.

Comment

The game was on last night but I had to miss it. I think you have a good take on the team. I often tell my boys that it is nice when the team is relevant. You have to be relevant to keep the fan base unless you are the Eagles.
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Take a look online NoDak. Bus loads of fans traveled to the game in Milwaukee last night. They hung around to see Embiid and he came out to speak with them once the arena cleared. People are crazed for this team. They are very likeable. Now is the time to get on the bandwagon. If they win big, Embiid will be about as big of an icon (literally and figuratively) as this city has ever seen.

Comment

I've seen the tide turn on the Sixers. Embiid is the kind of player that Philly will fall over. Just like some of the Eagles. The teams embracing of the Eagles also went a long way IMM to bring the city around to them. Of course I still think the winning is the key. The Sixers, the Flyers also for that matter, aren't going to win a championship this year but fans see progress and fans can live with progress. Fans can't live with being stagnant for any length of time or regression.
                      Good time for fans; just need the Phils young players to break out.
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

A little late but it was fun to watch them spank the Wolves. Will be nice to see them in the playoffs
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Return of Fultz last night! The crowd was so supportive and he played great! Looks rusty but 10 pts, 8 assists, 4 reb in 14 minutes! played at a +16!!!

Comment

Fultz was rusty for sure. A lot of shots to get that 10 pts- not very efficient. He is still a work in progress but this was a good first step.

Comment

10 in a row....who would've thought
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

don't know how much you guys have seen of this team, but they remind me of another team. One that just won a SB. They are loose, they have fun and they have guys who will get on anyone's shit if they screw up. I'm not predicting another parade, but they can beat anyone. It will be cool to see how they do in the playoffs.When Ilyasova came back and Belinelli came on board, that was when things really started rocking. They didn't have any firepower on the second 5. They've got 10 ballers now. They have 6 guys who can light it up from down town, they have a few mid range guys and they can run on anyone and they run very well. They have defensive minded players and it's been a treat to watch them. I'm not a big basketball fan, but I love to see guys making sharp passes and playing D. Go 6ers
                                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                                X