X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to start BS with Wentz

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/f...-wentz-report/

you can't talk me into believing that report
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      you can't talk me into believing that report
      Me either.

Comment

Everyone denies it, all players and other reporters.
        Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

I don't doubt that somebody said it to tell you the truth. People say all kinds of things when they are pissed off or jealous of somebody. What's the old saying, everybody is somebody's asshole? I'm sure one or two guys don't like him for some reason, that's just life.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I know I sound like a broken record--- but this IS today's media!!!!!!

This is the same stuff you find all day long on the CNN's of the world..... "unnamed sources" is a total bullshit cover-up, IMM.

I believe nothing, anymore, from "Unnamed Sources" or "Highly placed Sources". The media has ruined themselves, and made themselves, IMM, a laughingstock. They took themselves down from a once pretty high pedestal to being a slug UNDER the pedestal.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

This is the same stuff you find all day long on the CNN's of the world..... "unnamed sources" is a total bullshit cover-up, IMM.

I believe nothing, anymore, from "Unnamed Sources" or "Highly placed Sources". The media has ruined themselves, and made themselves, IMM, a laughingstock. They took themselves down from a once pretty high pedestal to being a slug UNDER the pedestal.
              And of course there's that too

Comment

First, I don't exactly believe most of what the media posts. More than not though, there is a little fire where there is smoke.

I would not be surprised if there was at least a little truth to this.

I remember after last years Super Bowl, Carson took the trophy from Nick and said "Next year this is my turn". I thought that comment sounded a little off, considering Nick just won the team the Super Bowl and Carson was on the sideline. Carson should have been more humble and let Nick enjoy the spotlight.

I think Carson is a great guy and teammate overall. Almost all QB's have huge egos. The problem is that Carson will constantly be compared to St Nick both on and off the field by both fans and teammates. Nick has zero ego. He puts everyone else before him. That makes him special, especially for a QB.

On the field, it is pretty obvious that Carson does have his favorites. Nick spreads the ball around a lot more.

Comment

Preach on brother. In fact, I will say this, I don't believe any of it unless I see the person say in so I can determine the context on which they said it.
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post

On the field, it is pretty obvious that Carson does have his favorites. Nick spreads the ball around a lot more.
                    There is no factual proof of that. The biggest one we hear is Carson targets Ertz more, however, if you look at the true targets, Foles targeted Ertz more.

You all forget just how good Carson was in 2017. It's natural for a person to say Next Year he wants to earn it. The fact is he earned that trophy last year. Without Carson, they don't get home field advantage etc. last year.

Look aside from Montana and Young I don't ever remember a better QB tandem than we have right now. The article smells of a person who likes Foles better than Wentz and has an agenda about it. Too many players are coming out to back Carson for there to be any smoke on this one. I think its a non story.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

We have one of the largest press corps in any sport. You heard NOTHING bad about this team all season long. Now that there is no more football news something comes up from unnamed sources. I say it's an outsider with an itch to be an insider. Or it could just be some schmuck with a blog trying to get his likes past 10. When one of the players stands up at the podium and says this type of thing I will believe it.
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

First for years I have echoed the nonsense about the fake news Fox News type channels of this world. They are in business to stir not to report. They are talk show hosts--like the WIPs or Stephen A. or Cataldi, or Cowherd of the sports world in it for a reason. Far too many media people throw opinion instead of factual reports.
                        Having said that I don't doubt there is one or two among the 80 or so people floating in that locker room through the year that said something. Probably find that in any locker room. They may be rooks or practice squad or towel boys that really don't know their ass from the toilet seat. I have far more respect for the Cox/Brooks of the world who have the balls to put their name to it.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                          First, I don't exactly believe most of what the media posts. More than not though, there is a little fire where there is smoke.

I would not be surprised if there was at least a little truth to this.

I remember after last years Super Bowl, Carson took the trophy from Nick and said "Next year this is my turn". I thought that comment sounded a little off, considering Nick just won the team the Super Bowl and Carson was on the sideline. Carson should have been more humble and let Nick enjoy the spotlight.

I think Carson is a great guy and teammate overall. Almost all QB's have huge egos. The problem is that Carson will constantly be compared to St Nick both on and off the field by both fans and teammates. Nick has zero ego. He puts everyone else before him. That makes him special, especially for a QB.

Not trying to be a wiseguy, but I am not sure how you can look at the first 2 "bolds" and then write the 3rd one?

If he is a great guy and teammate--- how can there be any truth to this?

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                            First for years I have echoed the nonsense about the fake news Fox News type channels of this world. They are in business to stir not to report. They are talk show hosts--like the WIPs or Stephen A. or Cataldi, or Cowherd of the sports world in it for a reason. Far too many media people throw opinion instead of factual reports.
                            Having said that I don't doubt there is one or two among the 80 or so people floating in that locker room through the year that said something. Probably find that in any locker room. They may be rooks or practice squad or towel boys that really don't know their ass from the toilet seat. I have far more respect for the Cox/Brooks of the world who have the balls to put their name to it.
                            Then don't they have the responsibility to NOT mislead the readers? They do nothing to verify, they do nothing to describe the level of possible knowledge the "unnamed source " has? Of course they do, but don't!!!! If anybody takes for fact that anything you read from "unnamed sources" you are probably then a fool!

Rhetorical of course!

Comment

Not trying to be a wiseguy, but I am not sure how you can look at the first 2 "bolds" and then write the 3rd one?

If he is a great guy and teammate--- how can there be any truth to this?
                              Even Ivory Soap is only 99.9% pure MD. Just because one guy doesn't like somebody doesn't mean that he's not a good teammate to the other 200 people in the organization.

Comment

Working...
                              X