No announcement yet.

OT - Out-of-Market Eagles Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They all freakin piss me off ND. When I left Comcast they called and offered me some stuff and I told them to go pound sand. Same thing happened when I dropped Verizon (I did go back to them for their Prepaid Division though which is a lot cheaper). The only reason that I put up with DTV is for the Sunday Ticket. They also give me a $50 credit every month. It's a pain in the ass but I'm retired so I go through their crap. You can't get a voice anywhere anymore. MagicJack charges you an extra $15 a year to get a live person for customer service instead of a chat. I have never used it but I pay it anyway to avoid the chatting if I ever need them. There's no such thing as customer service anymore.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I had DTV for the required 2 years. I couldn't drop them fast enough. The cost was high and the channel selection wasn’t all that. We got cheap indoor antennas on each our TVs. Around $30 cheap. We stream with a fire stick. Our selection is so much greater than with DTV. They also called and kissed my ass to come back. I also told them they should of thought of this issue when you were busy raping us on price.

Comment

guys - for directv sunday ticket U, use code BACKTOSCHOOL and save $20. $80 for a full season of streaming is sweet.

Comment

bump to push the assholes off the first page

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
            bump to push the assholes off the first page
            Bump
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Thanks again to all for advice. I got the NFL Sunday Ticket (streaming edition). A couple questions:

When I log into the NFL Sunday Ticket web site on my desktop, I see an option to install an app and also an option to see schedule of games. I am assuming I don’t need / can’t get an app for the desktop, and that the schedule will turn into links to game streams on September 10. Is this correct?

Also, my tablets are old and no longer supported by NFL Sunday Ticket.
              If I watch the game on an iPhone, is it possible to project it onto a TV screen. TV is “smart” and has an HDMI input.

Thanks again. Almost there and ready for football!
              Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
              Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

if you have a smart tv, there may be a sunday ticket app for it. what brand is it?

If not, i would get a firetv stick, which definitely has an app and you can get it around 25 to 30 on sale.

Comment

Thanks. TV is about a 4yo LG - top of line OLEO at the time.

So Sunday Ticket won’t stream directly onto an iMac without an app?

Comment

My nephew would give me his email and log in I'd bet. What do I need to do? Can I stream it on a Roku device?
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Or can it just be streamed from Sunday Ticket web site with login and password - on desktop, without app?

Comment

Don’t know much about the LG but I would just get a fire stick because I know that works.

Or a chromecast. Then you can stream from your laptop to chromecast (via chrome browser)

Basically without anything you can stream it to your laptop no problem. But to get it to your tv, you need something.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Guys if you have a family member or close friend in the Philly area and are willing to invest about $300, you can solve this issue permanently with Slingbox. (NOT SlingTV!!!)

Slingbox ( https://www.slingbox.com/ ) is a repeater that broadcasts whatever is on the source TV to a connected app with wifi anywhere in the world. I have an old version (pre-HD) but I still use it sometimes when I travel. The downside is that it is 100% reliant on the wifi connection, meaning a weak signal at either end will cause it to breakup. (The is the main reason I don’t use it more often as hotel wifi sucks! It probably won’t be an issue for you guys though.) The other issue is that it only shows what is on the TV - so if the source TV is being used by someone who wants to watch The Avengers Endgame when the Eagles are on, you’ll be watching Endgame too. The app has a controller that mimics the TV or cable controller but if someone is using the TV when you want to watch it, its a problem.

I do like Slingbox. Its not a perfect solution but it lets me watch whatever I want when I travel as long as I have a decent connection and my son isn’t using the TV at the time.
                            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
                              Thanks again to all for advice. I got the NFL Sunday Ticket (streaming edition). A couple questions:

When I log into the NFL Sunday Ticket web site on my desktop, I see an option to install an app and also an option to see schedule of games. I am assuming I don’t need / can’t get an app for the desktop, and that the schedule will turn into links to game streams on September 10. Is this correct?

Also, my tablets are old and no longer supported by NFL Sunday Ticket.
                              If I watch the game on an iPhone, is it possible to project it onto a TV screen. TV is “smart” and has an HDMI input.

Thanks again. Almost there and ready for football!

If you get an Apple TV box for your TV it will let you stream anything on your phone to the TV.
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X