End of Year Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Year Thoughts

I don't get to see the Phils nearly as much as most of you so I ask....what are your thoughts. Didn't see 100 losses so that is nice but it was a tough season. One has to be happy with some of the young players and knew going in that they would be trying to measure the young guys.
    What do you see going forward?
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Didn't see much either this year ND. Gave up my season tix a couple of years ago--- just too expensive. What I have seen was that they do have "some" young talent. The bull pen just flat out sucks and they have very little power.

The young guys get more seasoned and consistent, and they find some more pitching, they could certainly improve, but the off season will play a big part... as it always does.

I am a bit more optimistic than I was in May... hope to be able to consider buying season tix again in a couple of years... rather then the decade I thought it might be.

Comment

Thanks. Just as others do I like the fact that they have some talent in the farm system. That is better than just trying to spend and have a hit and miss on trades and free agents. But you have to make it happen at the major league level and it seems the sixers, flyers, and phils all seem to have problems transferring that recently. Hopefully these young guys develop well
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I don't follow the flyers much anymore... and the Sixers had a screwed up plan I think and then had a bunch of bad luck add to the misery. Phillies "seem" to be trying the right way, and maybe we can get back to having a farm system that actually produces Major leaguers, like Luzinski, Schmidt, Bowa ETC ETC.

Comment

I thought the pen was ok until the starters dropped like flies and we started seeing the pen in the 4th and 5th innings on a regular basis. I don't mind the fact that Gomez wasn't great in the closer role. Once they win consistently they can find a closer and slide Gomez back a spot in the pen. I hope they don't start making deals and deplete the system , there are still far to questions about the young pitchers, especially healthwise. I haven't seen enough of the 2 young sluggers in Reading to know if they can move up and continue their success, but Joseph needs someone to protect him a in the lineup. I enjoyed watching this young bunch, but we have 2 years to go before we can start raising the expectation bar. I am excited for the future.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Yeah what is it these days that young pitchers seem to be hurt more then they are healthy.

Comment

Working...
            X