After 11 mos---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 11 mos---

Anybody still think there is something to this "Russian" thing?

This "nothing happening " in DC is really starting wear on my last nerve!
    Last edited by MDFAN; 07-26-2017, 08:22 PM.

It's nothing. I'm sick of it.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Do I believe Donald colluded with Russia to gain the election--nope. Do I believe the Russians wanted to meddle in and cast shadows about the election--yep. Do I wonder why seven people would lie about and change their stories on meetings with Russians-- yep. Are there any 'facts' about "this Russian" thing-- yep; D junior got an email referencing getting info to help big D get elected and it referenced help from the Russian government. Off the top of me head that is the only fact that is known. Not sure that it means anything; not sure they did anything other than go to the meeting; not sure about any of it. What I am sure about is he went to the meeting and never said a thing to our law enforcement officials. That should be a concern.
      Does the nothing happening in DC issue bother me--yep. But big D is just about as much responsible for that as congress. I thought he might learn after he was elected but he hasn't. If he were a dictator he would be fine but so far he doesn't have president down pat.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I'll say this about The Donald. He stopped businesses from just packing up and leave for awhile. I'm sure that they'll figure out a way around it though. And MD, Trump is a SPY!!!!
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

11 months....... 11!!!!!!!

And not one actual fact that anything illegal happened has come out.

There is no there........ 11 months and millions and millions....... Sad Sad Sad for America.

Comment

Please refer to Kenneth Star and the marathon Whitewater investigation as a guide to how these things go.
            Last edited by tinopuno; 07-27-2017, 06:25 AM.

Comment

TP... this is why we shouldn't talk about this stuff on the board. My eyes are wide open. That's a we must be stupid post. Trust me, we aren't stupid our perspective is just different. I didn't vote for him BTW. But I think I would now for no other reason then an outsider is the only chance we have to unlodge the Deep State and Embedded groups that run that town. What's going on is disgusting. The entire machine is against him because he isn't playing along. He is making a lot of mistakes. I'm not saying he isn't. But he also can't get anything accomplished with both parties lining up against him because they like the status quo.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I'll say this about The Donald. He stopped businesses from just packing up and leave for awhile. I'm sure that they'll figure out a way around it though. And MD, Trump is a SPY!!!!
                That's a key word. I fully agree he has tried to keep businesses but I would throw this out there..... Big announcement from WH when Carrier said they would keep 700 or 1100 jobs (depends on whose numbers you use) in Indiana. Last week Carrier says they are laying off 600 (300 now and 300 in Dec) but no big announcement. Ford says they are keeping jobs in US and there is big announcement. Ford announces moving the production of the Focus to China and a reduction of some jobs and no announcement from WH. A handful of stores (Sears, Macy's, et al) have announced a lot of store closures (something like 250 stores) which I am guessing will be a lot of jobs.
                But I agree there has been job growth. It is modest job growth. I don't know these numbers for certain but I think there has been about 80 consecutive months of modest job growth.
                My disclaimer is that I like the fact that he wants to concentrate on jobs and has skills to make that happen. Hopefully it moves from modest growth to robust growth. But I haven't seen anything yet to show that things will be significantly different from DC that it has been.
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  11 months....... 11!!!!!!!

And not one actual fact that anything illegal happened has come out.

There is no there........ 11 months and millions and millions....... Sad Sad Sad for America.
                  11 months is a talking point IMM. I am sure some would say it is really only 5 or 6 months of real investigation. Either way that is probably not material. My only point is 'the media' which so many like to say is fake can say 11 months and some can say six months and both are only partially true. Also I have been up front that I don't think there has been collusion. I will admit there is a far left nut world, where the likes of E Warren lives, that might never accept that just like there is a far right world that will never accept that Hillary didn't go out of her way to let her embassy get overrun.
                  I said earlier there was only one fact (D Jr. email/meeting) but really there is another. Seven people failed to disclose contacts with Russians. Not sure how anyone can dispute those two things. Anyone with an ounce of curiosity has to wonder about those two things and thus an investigation. From the investigator in me I wonder if maybe, just maybe, this would have ended much earlier if things would have been disclosed when they should have been. Is there any reasonable explanation for those two facts....can't think of one
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    11 months is a talking point IMM. I am sure some would say it is really only 5 or 6 months of real investigation. Either way that is probably not material. My only point is 'the media' which so many like to say is fake can say 11 months and some can say six months and both are only partially true. Also I have been up front that I don't think there has been collusion. I will admit there is a far left nut world, where the likes of E Warren lives, that might never accept that just like there is a far right world that will never accept that Hillary didn't go out of her way to let her embassy get overrun.
                    I said earlier there was only one fact (D Jr. email/meeting) but really there is another. Seven people failed to disclose contacts with Russians. Not sure how anyone can dispute those two things. Anyone with an ounce of curiosity has to wonder about those two things and thus an investigation. From the investigator in me I wonder if maybe, just maybe, this would have ended much earlier if things would have been disclosed when they should have been. Is there any reasonable explanation for those two facts....can't think of one
                    Kushners meeting was neither illegal nor unethical nor uncommon.
                    So it's a fact of nothing. 6 months or 11------ nothing illegal has been shown.....NOTHING........... Move on, get our countries business done, stop the politics, get to business!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                      That's a we must be stupid post. Trust me, we aren't stupid our perspective is just different. .
                      AW,

I agree that little is served by having political discussions on line, especially among people who share a common interest (The Eagles) and are otherwise cordial in their exchanges with one another. Consequently, I rarely jump in here. Face to face discussions revolving around the same issues can be interesting and even enlightening, especially over a few beers. On line? Not so much

The message of the 'heads in the sand' pic is not intended to imply stupidity on the part of Trump supporters. It does reflect my view that otherwise intelligent/ informed people are dismissing established facts, many of them provided by Trump himself, that raise serious concerns about this guy's inexplicable fondness for a brutal autocrat in particular, and Russia in general

IMO, "The Russian Thing" goes well beyond Putin's team fucking with our election process. As ND points out, the number of Trump administration officials who have initially concealed contacts with Kremlin types only to "remember" them later when they're exposed I find troubling and highly suspicious because of the number and pattern. If everything was so 'innocent', why the pattern of concealment?

Mueller is reportedly now examining Trump's financial entanglements with Russian oligarchs and Trump is so alarmed by this turn that he is maliciously attacking his AG, who's early endorsement was a key element in Trump becoming 'acceptable' to the religious right. Trump values loyalty above all things ...when he is the recipient. Mueller is a product not of Sessions recusal but of Trump's poorly considered and implemented firing of Comey. No firing of Comey...no Special Prosecutor.

As we all know, Special Prosecutors follow the "facts" where they lead. I'll bet you remember Ken Star and his VERY lengthy and wide spread probe of 'slick Wily'.. Did you get "sick" of that investigation as well?

As I've said before here, as a New Yorker for the past 44 years I've followed Trump's 'career' fairly closely. I find him a bully, a pathological liar, an obsessive attention whore, a serial cheater in both business and marriage, a cynical opportunist, and a vengeful emotionally stunted man-child. People who are waiting for him to 'grow into the job' do have their heads in the sand. He's the same contemptible human today that he was 45 years ago.

I don't believe many things with what I would call certainty but I do firmly believe Trump cares a not a wit for anyone but himself and the attention he craves. Sadly, he ran against an arrogant, uninspiring, entitled woman with her own history of deceitfulness. I don't think he cold have beaten anyone else.

And Please! Lets not excuse Trump and both houses in the Republican congress for the marked lack of production in DC. This Administration has been a self defeating cluster fuck since day one and the Congress has been so habitually obstructive for the past 8 years, they've forgotten how to legislate.
                      Last edited by tinopuno; 07-27-2017, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Not sure what a fact of nothing is. It is fact that he took an email and meeting with the intent of discussing information from the Russian government to help D get elected. I'm not sure anyone has said anything illegal has gone on. Just that the facts that we do have, and yes they are fact, raise question. Those questions have been brought on by the people themselves for either failing to disclose them or trying to hide them. I haven't been in the interviews so I am not sure which one is true but one of them is true.
                        So, say there is nothing illegal. Say I agree and say the president agrees. Why in the hell is he so tied up; why is he not moving on with the business of the country? Why doesn't he just let the investigation go along, it is going to go along anyway so why not let it---there is nothing illegal so it will die its death. Why doesn't HE move forward with the congress to get his agenda into law? It is because he doesn't even have the support of his party in DC and has had little control of his WH staff. Now his staff may have more problems.
                        I hate both parties so I have no qualm to say congress has s*** the bed. But it isn't all on them. Trump may think it is everyone else's fault but it isn't. He shares bigtime in the dysfunction.
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

OMG-- Facts ? No facts of ANYTHING illegal!!! NOTHING!!!! Meetings? Yup, and every party has had them--- forever---- but it's only an 11 month issue when it's Trump? Media " uses "innuendos" and nothingness and "What If's".

Be journalists and get stories then report them when you have FACTS and REAL sources!

And if it isn't illegal------ move the hell on and stop wasting my money!!!!!!!!!!

I want lower taxes, I want infrastructure fixed, I want more jobs that will come from lower taxes and repatriated $$$.

This Russia crap is just that CRAP. Political CRAP!

When I speak of Facts--- I mean in relation to "collusion" or "illegality" by the Trumps with Russia in order to tamper with our election process --- which was what all this was "SUPPOSED" to be about!
                          Last edited by MDFAN; 07-27-2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

How come CNN has never said one word about Uranium One? Not one. All of these crooks in Washington are untouchable and the press actually condones it. Talk about heads in the sand.

And ND, I don't mind cars being made in China for the Chinese. It's crap like GM is pulling making some small model car over there and bringing them back here to sell after we bailed them out of bankruptcy. I don't know if Trump put the brakes on that or not by saying he was going to tax the hell out of companies trying to do that.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Well 60 that just added to the trade imbalance since we don't have pos Ford Focus' to send over there. Guess we should be okay with the trade imbalance.
                              MD I want those fixed also AND MORE actually. But I'm not sure who you are mad at because you're ranting about the media and the media doesn't do any of that. The president and the congress do. Rant about the president who isn't doing anything other than holding rallies, tweeting, baiting, lying, and spending most every weekend at one of his resorts. Rant about the REPUBLICAN congress, both houses, that can't pass gas let alone a bill. And yes rant about the dems who aren't helping AT ALL. The media doesn't do any of that; there is one party with all the marbles. You seem mad because this party came in promising peaches in every cereal bowl and they can't even agree on the bowl. And now there is a real possibility of a very ugly brawl brewing on the WH staff. I'm tired of all of them.
                              I disagree that was what all that was supposed to be about. Collusion is one angle. The other, and the one I am more concerned about, is Russian meddling which was the first 'problem'. Possible collusion came about as a result of that investigation. You say nothing illegal has been shown and I have agreed. But people in the campaign swore up and down there was no contacts with Russia UNTIL it was proven. Then they came out. So, while I agree I have seen nothing illegal I can't discount the possibility since people just are not very forthcoming.
                              However, none of that matters. The president and the congress can move forward with the business of the country whether there is an investigation or not. But THEY are not doing it.
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X