Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do we screw around with Mailata?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do we screw around with Mailata?

It just seems to me that we have too much talent to waste a roster spot on him and let a good player walk out of the door.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

depends on your opinion of his future I suppose. If they indeed think he is a future star, it's a great time to let him learn.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      depends on your opinion of his future I suppose. If they indeed think he is a future star, it's a great time to let him learn.
      I think that it's time to send him packing. He should have tried to learn an easier position anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        I think that it's time to send him packing. He should have tried to learn an easier position anyway.
        You could be right, but it's really hard to tell from our prospective. The coaches see him every day. They have to make that determination. It will be interesting to see him in the preseason. That might give a bit of insight into what they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
          You could be right, but it's really hard to tell from our prospective. The coaches see him every day. They have to make that determination. It will be interesting to see him in the preseason. That might give a bit of insight into what they have.
          Hey, the guy is turning Osterman into a legend! Get rid of 'em.

Comment

I hear ya. I think I meant to say perspective there. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
              I hear ya. I think I meant to say perspective there. Sheesh.
              I hear you EB but this isn't a JV squad like Howie tried to do with Pumps and him last year. That's what practice squads are for. There was an article that ND posted yesterday about how Osterman was beating Mailatta and getting to the QB and they were calling him Legend lol. He beat him so badly that they were running him with the ones as a joker. If he was beating Peters and Johnson instead of a kid who never played football I'd say great. Time to scrap the project and develop the lineman that we have IMO.

Comment

Eh, Big V would've been canned day one if all we went by was a 30 second clip. Big V has turned into a pretty versatile backup. I have no expectation of Maliata becoming Jason Peters but hope that he can turn into Big V when he departs next year
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

I definitely would not give up on Mailata. I'm not sure what anyone expects out of a really good athlete trying to be an NFL offensive tackle while never playing the sport before but he's doing great by that measure. The organization is willing to give him time (I hope). We ditched on Villaneuva too soon and missed out on a pro bowler.

Comment

C'mon man---- again we decide a guys future from so little info!!! In the organization and coaches, I trust not some tidbits flying around in the corrupt media!

Comment

I feel the same way about Villanueva too Steve but he had been playing football his whole life. How many good LTs are there in the world anyway? 20, maybe 25 and he thinks that he's going to be one of them? Maybe if they tried him at guard where he could use his quickness he could have adjusted quicker. Does the guy even play STs? Last year we had to pull in Cre'von off the street to play cb at the end of the year. If Mailotta didn't hurt his back and go on IR there wouldn't have been room for him. Just my opinion and I hope that I'm wrong but I don't think so.

Comment

So 60 - with what appears to be our deepest and most talented roster, why are you concerned about Mailata now? I agree this is a make or break year but let's then give him this season. If we gave up on Agholor after 2 seasons, we wouldn't have we we've got now. I know Agholor had a pedigree and a first round pick designation behind him but everything Mailata has done to this point has endeared him to the coaching staff and they believe in him. Why shouldn't we?

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                          So 60 - with what appears to be our deepest and most talented roster, why are you concerned about Mailata now? I agree this is a make or break year but let's then give him this season. If we gave up on Agholor after 2 seasons, we wouldn't have we we've got now. I know Agholor had a pedigree and a first round pick designation behind him but everything Mailata has done to this point has endeared him to the coaching staff and they believe in him. Why shouldn't we?
                          The same thing happened here to Graham.

Comment

I don't think that the Graham comparison is fair. I was always on the keep him side of his career. His only fault was injuries his first couple of years. You could see his talent when he played. Anyway I think if Mailatta doesn't show much this preseason they should cut the cord. They should have sent him off to that AA league or whatever it was called for some seasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              I don't think that the Graham comparison is fair. I was always on the keep him side of his career. His only fault was injuries his first couple of years. You could see his talent when he played. Anyway I think if Mailatta doesn't show much this preseason they should cut the cord. They should have sent him off to that AA league or whatever it was called for some seasoning.
                              Gettin a tiny bit paranoid big guy? Didn't say you only, said "here".

Comment

Working...
                              X