Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elliott threatening to sit out the season even though....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elliott threatening to sit out the season even though....

...he gains no leverage in pursuit of a long term deal by doing so.

LINK:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-full-season/

If this pant load was making the decision by himself to potentially follow through on his threat to 'sit' in the absence of a new contract, it could be a sincere threat because he impresses as one dumb MFer. But you have to assume his agent is telling him sitting out would be counter productive. Of course, his agent may be reluctant to confront Elliott with facts he won't like for fear that he'll mistake the agent for a young woman and be the shit out of him.

They said on Good Morning Football that Dallas has offered all 3 of the douche bags a top 5 contract for their positions.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      ...he gains no leverage in pursuit of a long term deal by doing so.

LINK:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-full-season/

If this pant load was making the decision by himself to potentially follow through on his threat to 'sit' in the absence of a new contract, it could be a sincere threat because he impresses as one dumb MFer. But you have to assume his agent is telling him sitting out would be counter productive. Of course, his agent may be reluctant to confront Elliott with facts he won't like for fear that he'll mistake the agent for a young woman and be the shit out of him.
      I've often wonder if Ewok knows how to read? What do you think ?
      Last edited by Eagle60; 08-07-2019, 06:27 AM.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

We need an Ewok emoji
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          I've often wonder if Ewok knOws how to read? What do you think ?

Everything about Elliott offends me. His hair, his ugly fucking face, his "feed me" act, his chronic abuse of women, his ugly fucking face, that he plays for Dallas, that he went to 'The Ohio State', that he played for that criminal-coddling, lying piece of shit Urban Meyer...Did I mention his ugly fucking face?

Can he read? Probably...as long as he sticks with books about Dick and Jane and Spot the dog. I've heard him talk. He's one seriously dumb fuck. If he couldn't play football he'd be gluing pieces of wood together at some ARC workshop that the staff would almost always throw out after he left each day because he'd down such a shitty job.

I hope Dallas signs him and runs him into the ground until his heart explodes just as he doing the 'feed me' routine.

Other than that, I wish him well.

Comment

This news is simply delicious !

Comment

While I am no Ewok fan, I actually can see a scenario where his holdout makes sense. Let's be honest Dak isn't the reason that team is good, it is Ewok and the Oline. But QBs are sexy and positions of need, right? Ewok (or his agent) knows that once Cooper and Dak are signed, a RB with a lot of mileage just isn't going to (1) get much and (2) there isn't going to be much cap space after Dak & Cooper are signed. By holding out now, before the other two are signed he has a better chance at a bigger contract.

Just my two cents from thinking about the situation there.

Comment

I agree Vet to a certain extent but Ewok is a horse and their offense won't be much without him. I'd love his talent for the Eagles. He's the best back in football right now. I think that counting on Dak to win games for you by himself for is a mistake.

Comment

I agree Vet to a certain extent but Ewok is a horse and their offense won't be much without him. I'd love his talent for the Eagles. He's the best back in football right now. I think that counting on Dak to win games for you by himself for is a mistake.

Better than Saquan?

Comment

Top five is fine for Dak and Cooper (and probably far too much for Dak), but you can't just give Elliott a "top five" offer. They need to find a way to fit all three on the roster, but not sure any of them want to settle. I think they acknowledged that the Gurley deal was the floor, but after the Bell deal with the Jets I think they are assuming that is now the floor.

I can completely understand Elliott's position -- they ride him hard. August 6 was the big date -- by not showing up by then, he does not get an accrued season this year towards free agency. The next deadline is by game 11 I think -- if he plays six games, this year will at least count as part of his contract, but he'd still have another year before free agency (the fifth year option, which will pay him a lot more at least). He really has no reason to come back before then without a new deal, at this point. If he skips that, then this season doesn't count contract-wise, and he'd still be on his fourth-year salary next year.

His leverage will be how much does their offense actually depend on him. If they bring in another guy and they still win games, his leverage will drop significantly (sort of like Bell's did in Pittsburgh). If Dallas starts losing games early and he's not there, his leverage will shoot up. If he gets involved in more idiotic off-field stuff since he has copious free time by not playing... his leverage could drop that way too

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                      Top five is fine for Dak and Cooper (and probably far too much for Dak), but you can't just give Elliott a "top five" offer. They need to find a way to fit all three on the roster, but not sure any of them want to settle. I think they acknowledged that the Gurley deal was the floor, but after the Bell deal with the Jets I think they are assuming that is now the floor.

I can completely understand Elliott's position -- they ride him hard. August 6 was the big date -- by not showing up by then, he does not get an accrued season this year towards free agency. The next deadline is by game 11 I think -- if he plays six games, this year will at least count as part of his contract, but he'd still have another year before free agency (the fifth year option, which will pay him a lot more at least). He really has no reason to come back before then without a new deal, at this point. If he skips that, then this season doesn't count contract-wise, and he'd still be on his fourth-year salary next year.

His leverage will be how much does their offense actually depend on him. If they bring in another guy and they still win games, his leverage will drop significantly (sort of like Bell's did in Pittsburgh). If Dallas starts losing games early and he's not there, his leverage will shoot up. If he gets involved in more idiotic off-field stuff since he has copious free time by not playing... his leverage could drop that way too
                      JJ didn't want to pay Emmet until they dropped their first two games. Then he changed his tune in a hurry. That defense of theirs is outstanding and maybe they can carry them for awhile but I doubt it. They need Ewok if they are to get to the big one this year.

Comment

I keep hearing that Dallas has an outstanding defense. Their LBs are great but that's about it. They have some good players in the secondary and their DL is very thin.
                        So much of defense is the play of the D-Line. Lawrence disappears against good teams. Irving is suspended indefinitely. Quinn is suspended the first two games and isn't the same player. Don't forget that this defense gave up 300 yards rushing to the Rams in the playoffs. The Saints AND Patriots held them to 150 yards combined in the next two games.
                        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                          I keep hearing that Dallas has an outstanding defense. Their LBs are great but that's about it. They have some good players in the secondary and their DL is very thin.
                          So much of defense is the play of the D-Line. Lawrence disappears against good teams. Irving is suspended indefinitely. Quinn is suspended the first two games and isn't the same player. Don't forget that this defense gave up 300 yards rushing to the Rams in the playoffs. The Saints AND Patriots held them to 150 yards combined in the next two games.
                          That's all the more reason why they have to pay Ewok. Man he is one ugly dude.

Comment

JJ didn't want to pay Emmet until they dropped their first two games. Then he changed his tune in a hurry. That defense of theirs is outstanding and maybe they can carry them for awhile but I doubt it. They need Ewok if they are to get to the big one this year.
                            Yep, and Elliott's representation is probably counting on similar leverage, if Jones does not cave earlier. It is a gamble, but he does have quite a bit of leverage at the moment. The danger is that their first three games are against the Giants, Redskins, and Dolphins. They could be 3-0 based on their defense alone. Their next four are the Saints, Packers, Jets, and Eagles, then the Giants again, Vikings, and Lions.

Elliott can wait that long for things to play out, but he'd need to play the last six games for his contract to toll and play on fifth year money in 2020. If he missed that deadline, then he's really in for the long haul. But if the Cowboys go 7-3 in those 10 games, he may have to cave. But if they start 0-2 against the Giants and Redskins... he'll be in great shape.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                              Yep, and Elliott's representation is probably counting on similar leverage, if Jones does not cave earlier. It is a gamble, but he does have quite a bit of leverage at the moment. The danger is that their first three games are against the Giants, Redskins, and Dolphins. They could be 3-0 based on their defense alone. Their next four are the Saints, Packers, Jets, and Eagles, then the Giants again, Vikings, and Lions.

Elliott can wait that long for things to play out, but he'd need to play the last six games for his contract to toll and play on fifth year money in 2020. If he missed that deadline, then he's really in for the long haul. But if the Cowboys go 7-3 in those 10 games, he may have to cave. But if they start 0-2 against the Giants and Redskins... he'll be in great shape.

More importantly so will we!!

Comment

Working...
                              X