Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiohead East Coast Tour

stock - you going?

I know they are trying to defeat the whole scalper thing but god that process sucked this morning!

Comment

I had 3 browsers going trying to see which one made it through the entire process.

It also makes it an incredible pain in the ass to sell your tickets in case you don't want them.

I am thinking of trying to get Sec 102 tickets but then what the hell am I gonna do with the other extra pair that I have? (not yours steve.)

I don't want to deal with meeting up with someone I don't know the day of the show. Also, can't these guys play somewhere on this side of the river?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        I had 3 browsers going trying to see which one made it through the entire process.

It also makes it an incredible pain in the ass to sell your tickets in case you don't want them.

I am thinking of trying to get Sec 102 tickets but then what the hell am I gonna do with the other extra pair that I have? (not yours steve.)

I don't want to deal with meeting up with someone I don't know the day of the show. Also, can't these guys play somewhere on this side of the river?
        That parking lot is a nightmare over there but what the hell....it's Radiohead! I think the will call line is going to be ridiculous so I may get there WAY early.

Comment

tailgate!

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

At this point, I am not going to see them (They are playing at Verizon Center here in DC), because I was overseas when the tickets went on sale and I knew that I didn't have a chance of getting tix through Ticketmaster.

I also have to say that I have soured a bit on Radiohead after the last CD.

My son saw them in Tampa, and said the show was great, so I may have to spring to see them here in DC.

Hope they put on a great show in Philly.
              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

King of Limbs was not good. As long as they don't insist on playing every song from the album, the show should be good.

Comment

Yeah - I was disappointed by King of Limbs. I still love Bloom and I'd put the last 4 tunes (Lotus Flower, Codex, Give Up the Ghost & Separator) as extremely good. It still pales in comparison to the others. They were way too indulgent on this one (at least Thom was). I think a # of the tunes (especially Bloom) will be awesome in concert. Don't give me that Morning Mr. Magpie, Little By Little & Feral crap. I think they're single releases since have been good (The Daily Mail, Staircase, These are my twisted words).

Comment

Seems like they mixed it up pretty well in Tampa! I would have loved to attend that concert! Here is the set list:

Set: Bloom, Little By Little, Staircase, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, Morning Mr Magpie, Meeting In The Aisle, Pyramid Song, Nude, Identikit, Lotus Flower, There There, Feral, Idioteque, The Daily Mail, Bodysnatchers, Reckoner
                    Encore: Separator, All I Need, Myxomatosis, True Love Waits/Everything In Its Right Place
                    Encore2: Give up The Ghost, Karma Police, Street Spirit [fade out]
                    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

King of Limbs is a very good Thom Yorke album. Only a mediocre Radiohead album.

Comment

I've been listening to more King of Limbs lately in preparation for the concert and while i like the second half of the album much more, it's still not a go to album for me.

By the way steve, they completely faked me out with True Love Waits yesterday. I thought it was the whole song and ran back to my seat. Only to have it be the intro.

Sorry I didn't get to say hello, it took 45 minutes to get into the parking lot cause the cops redirected us to the Campbell's lot. Meanwhile, friends who drove in 30 minutes behind us got to the arena earlier because they got to park in the main lot. bha.

Comment

No worries!

It was a great show and I appreciate you helping out with the tix.

I knew he did an either "True Love Waits" or a Neil Young intro to EIIRP. It was a great show. Thom's voice was stellar. I now only despise two songs on the King of Limbs - "Little by Little" and "Feral" which of course they played both. I wasn't a "Morning Mr. Magpie" fan until the show. I thought it sounded great.

Comment

Little By Little is too poppy for me.

I purposely didn't look up any set lists prior to the show so I didn't know what was coming.

Comment

They left off some greats (biggest disappointment of what I expected was no "Weird Fishes"). Some day I have to see "How to Disappear Completely" live.

Comment

Working...
                              X