No announcement yet.

Go down fighting!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not scoring inside the five and taking the field goal was my turning point. you needed 1 yard for the first down and you throw a screen pass to a full back that has been injured all week. that first down was a must. you have 2nd and 1...RUN, you have 3rd and 1...RUN, I would have RUN on fourth and 1 also. not taking the touchdown and going up 1 point was huge. You are right there and you fail to capitalize. I think that was huge for NO and deflating for the O...and even the D

Comment

Originally posted by bird is da word
      not scoring inside the five and taking the field goal was my turning point. you needed 1 yard for the first down and you throw a screen pass to a full back that has been injured all week. that first down was a must. you have 2nd and 1...RUN, you have 3rd and 1...RUN, I would have RUN on fourth and 1 also. not taking the touchdown and going up 1 point was huge. You are right there and you fail to capitalize. I think that was huge for NO and deflating for the O...and even the D
      Did you turn the game off earlier than you said you did, because the DID run on 2nd down. And they got nothing. Zero. Nada.

As for the 3rd down call, I don't believe the play was designed to go to the FB, but given the heat in Garcia's face that was the only person he had. I think that play was designed to go to the TE or the WR sweeping across the back of the end zone.[/b]

Comment

Originally posted by EFD
        As for the 3rd down call, I don't believe the play was designed to go to the FB, but given the heat in Garcia's face that was the only person he had. I think that play was designed to go to the TE or the WR sweeping across the back of the end zone.
        Actually i think Reid said that it was designed to go to the FB, i guess it worked earlier in the season.

Comment

I agree this was the turning point, but again passing was not the problem IMO, the poor execution was....remember in the Washington game that play worked and if it worked again we would be singing Marty's praises...

We do not have to run, run, run....we have to execute the plays called very well so they work IMO...I agree not getting it done deflated the team...
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by EFD
            Did you turn the game off earlier than you said you did, because the DID run on 2nd down. And they got nothing. Zero. Nada.

As for the 3rd down call, I don't believe the play was designed to go to the FB, but given the heat in Garcia's face that was the only person he had. I think that play was designed to go to the TE or the WR sweeping across the back of the end zone.[/b]
            are you a jackass or do you just moonlight as one on the internet? i know they ran on 2nd down. i was stating how i would of called the plays. you needed a yard. send westy over the top again...bring in cole and steam roll behind jackson...and do it again on 4th down. leaving that TD on the field was brutal

Comment

Hey c'mon guys....take a breather will ya? Cool off and stop baiting each other...
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

[quote=bird is da word]
                Originally posted by EFD
                Originally posted by "bird is da word":583b5

are you a jackass or do you just moonlight as one on the internet? i know they ran on 2nd down. i was stating how i would of called the plays. you needed a yard. send westy over the top again...bring in cole and steam roll behind jackson...and do it again on 4th down. leaving that TD on the field was brutal[/quote:583b5]

You're still here? And how many more times are you going to call me some school-yard name after we've been directed to stop with that? This is two by my count.

If you know they ran on 2nd down then why do you go out of your way to say that's what you would have done? They did what you would have done, so to point that out is beyond redundant. Maybe you're trying to take the title of 'Captain Obvious' or something.

And while we're on the topic, you've apparently taken the liberties of assuming that running on 3rd & 4th down would have gotten you the TD. How do you figure that? They ran it on 2nd down and didn't get it, so it's bizarre that you feel it's logical to make the assumption that running on 3rd (and 4th) would somehow guarantee success. In fact, they had been stuffed running the ball all game save the 62 yarder by Westbrook, so to assume that down inside the 5 that you can just decide you're going to score a TD by running is weird. It's definitely convenient, but it's not logical. But then again nothing you've written in the last 72 hours is logical. You seem like the ultimate WIP "aaargh...how stoooopid is Andy Reid" guy.

1st & 10 - run
                2nd & 1 - run
                3rd & 1 - pass
                4th & 4 - kick

Your big contention is that they should have run, run, run in that scenario. It seems to me you only have the right to bitch about the 3rd down call because they did what you wanted on 2nd down and at 4th down they were out of "1 to go" territory, so we have no idea if Marty would've run there or not. So instead of your "run, run, run" perhaps you should have said "run".

The fact that you think they should have run on 3rd & 1, but fail to acknowledge that they ran in the same situation on 2nd down and were stuffed, says a lot about you. You're very good at hindsight (insert your "it's not hindsight because I said it at the time) plays.

But how good are you without hindsight in your pocket?

Comment

I have been firm all season about running in short yardage situations. if they ran on 3rd they would have either made a first down or been in a better position to run again on 4th.

Comment

I have been firm all season about running in short yardage situations. if they ran on 3rd they would have either made a first down or been in a better position to run again on 4th.
                    Cool. When you have a free minute please glance into your crystal ball and let us know tomorrows winning lottery numbers. Thx in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by EFD
                      Cool. When you have a free minute please glance into your crystal ball and let us know tomorrows winning lottery numbers. Thx in advance.
                      thats cute, puss

Comment

I say:

1. Die with your boots on! Leave it right there, there's no next week.
                        2. If ya don't make a 1st right there- They may get 3?- and, it's closer
                        to their goal and that may change NO's thirst for more pts... Maybe
                        something changes maybe not...
                        3. I wouldn't of punted. No way- For the fans to see we did a 4&10 save
                        for that penalty- I'da loaded right back up- like Gunner said on DNL-
                        "triple fleeflicker"... I'da went with it....
                        4. If AR & Company went for and missed- I'd be happier. (JMO)
                        http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

[quote=bird is da word]
                          Originally posted by EFD
                          Originally posted by "bird is da word":1b7db
                          thats cute, puss[/quote:1b7db]

And there's three.

Do you deny that you are suggesting you have a crystal ball? That you can see what nobody else can see? Do you deny this?

Comment

[quote=EFD]
                            Originally posted by EFD
                            Originally posted by "bird is da word":23f02
                            thats cute, puss
                            And there's three.

Do you deny that you are suggesting you have a crystal ball? That you can see what nobody else can see? Do you deny this?[/quote:23f02]

Comment

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports ... 469269.htm
                              "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Originally posted by fanofthegame76
                                Sorry 76, didn't see this post when I started a new thread using Hoffmans column.

Comment

Working...
                                X