Embiid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embiid

Man it seems big time sports teams can just throw money away. Looks like Embiid will have another 'missed' season. That will be two years of pay and then he may never play but the Sixers will have to decide (by Oct I think) if they will pay him for another year.
    It really looks like they have been, and will be, in a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation with him.
    But the trophies will be all that much sweeter when they get there.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Hinkie made the rounds this past week after the surgery ... everyone sounds optimistic about Joel's foot. Hopefully now that the Sixers are in full control of this (first surgery was pre-draft), the rehab will be better.

We also found out that whatever report that came out about Joel re-breaking the foot was wrong. Joel did not re-break his bone. Sports media is the worst ... caring more about clicks than being accurate.

Looking forward to seeing Okafor this year, but next year is going to be crazy when they add: Joel, 4 potential 1st rounders, and possibly Saric. It will take some time to grow, but a hell of a lot better than toiling around mediocrity with the Evan Turners of the world.

Comment

not a huge B/ball fan, just because they can't play for weeks at a time due to a contusion, but they are in a position to be good for a while if it all comes together
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

That is the million (or multi million) dollar question. Will it all come together? Of course, much like many from the Del Valley, I have some neg in my thinking but I feel as if the draft picks won't pan out, Embiid will have a broken bone somewhere is his lower extremities the rest of his life, and you will never see Saric. I hope it pans out but it takes all the faith I have to believe that it will.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Working...
        X