Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
    Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
    ...he would be called arrogant and aloof for not addressing the "message" this pick sends or in denial about his future if he brushed it off like Feeley...
    There's a lot of truth to what you say VFL, but i do disagree w/ this. Him making a statement to the media would go a long way towards calming this whole situation.
    Thanks Swing, but again why does he have to answer every freakin' stupid fan/media shitstorm as you so eloquently said? Why should he be expected to call a press conference whenever they demand he address the latest shitstorm? Sorry, but screw them...they have made their true intentions know from day 1 and have never changed despite all the success McNabb and the Eagles have brought to this town...they do the same bs with Reid...and Banner...and Lurie...and whoever else does not toe their line...

I say stay quiet...I would tend to believe he has touched base with Reid or that the message from Reid told him not to worry and that they would talk soon...fans/media will take the silence as "sulking", but again who really cares what they think? I don't...I care about how McNabb PLAYS QB for my favorite team and how my favorite TEAM does this season...

Whatever he says will be twisted right now...like the whole stupid Garcia thing, McNabb will wait until there is an already planned press conference and address it then...the media will continue to hate him for it and the fans will get some extra time to bash him more, but in the end he will take the high road as usual, answer their questions and MOVE ON...
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I would ask for specific examples of things McNabb has actually done, but I already know there aren't any.

There is no steak behind this sizzle.

Comment

Thanks Swing, but again why does he have to answer every freakin' stupid fan/media shitstorm as you so eloquently said? Why should he be expected to call a press conference whenever they demand he address the latest shitstorm?
        Of course he doesn't have to, but i think in the best interests of the football team he might want to. And i have never called for him to address any of the previous nonsense like the TO stuff or the Limbaugh stuff or the Garcia stuff. This time i think he should. For the good of the franchise.

Comment

Thanks Swing, but again why does he have to answer every freakin' stupid fan/media shitstorm as you so eloquently said? Why should he be expected to call a press conference whenever they demand he address the latest shitstorm?
          Of course he doesn't have to, but i think in the best interests of the football team he might want to. And i have never called for him to address any of the previous nonsense like the TO stuff or the Limbaugh stuff or the Garcia stuff. This time i think he should. For the good of the franchise.
          Thank you for the response, Swing...I hear this alot and I have never quite understood it.

How does McNabb waiting and addressing the issue during a regularly scheduled presser hurt the franchise?

From all reports, he is still going to Novacare nearly every day for rehab/work and focusing on being ready for this season. Isn't a healthy and productive McNabb on the field going to outweigh any negative hit the franchise takes because of this issue?

IMO, the franchise is going to get hammered regardless because it is the numero uno sports target in town...plus their "reputation" is very good outside of the city/across the league...plus the financial value of the franchise is Top 5 if I remember correctly...

What is different in this situation from the TO, Garcia, Limbaugh et al. media/fan shitstorms in your opinion?

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Sub
            Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
            It's as if we are suddenly starved for McNabb bashing, and we just can't wait until something tangible pops up so we're latching on to any small thing we can find.
            This is actually why I don't blame McNabb for being "sensitive" anymore. He and his psyche are being picked apart and analyzed even when he's not really doing anything. If you think about all the stories he's been the center of, I can't think of one that he himself has actually started, from the draft, to T.O., to the Super Bowl, to Garcia, now Kolb.
            Yeah but if Cosell sez somethin, and Gunn sez somethin else and damn, Les Bowen sez this thing ..............I'm gonna say this one time and I'm done with this stupid stupid thread and topic---------Think for yourself, judge based on facts not on "others" opinions. They all have their own motives to twist things and just flat out make things up!

And the bottom line of it all is that 99.9% of this crap doesn't have any real bearing on my teams play on the field--- it's nothing more than off season "Days of our lives" bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mcnabbmcnow, when YOU hear or see Mcnabb say he has hurt feelings then get back to me,,,,,,,,,,, when you see him do something that indicates that he isn't happy playing football for the Philadelphia Eagles, then get back to me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when you have some tangible proof that his play on the field will suffer from all this soap opera crap you and the media like to stir up, then get back to me,,,,,,,,,,,,other wise quite frankly I find your stance and many of the media whores "Globe" "Star" and "Enquirer" techniques stupid!!!!!!!

Was Mcnabb shocked by the pick?? Hmmm, I bet he was cause 99.9% of the rest of the world was also. Does shock mean that he was "peeved"?? Hmmmm no only in Derricks Gunns world, he is the ONLY source---- maybe #5 had a fight with his wife that morning and he was not in the best of moods, maybe his child is ill, maybe his car broke down, maybe just maybe no matter how good and well grounded a person you are that hearing that you career replacement may have just been hired isn't the happiest news one could hear-- in football or life---- even if it's true and we don't know that it is-- it's nothing more than a normal, real life persons reaction that may have lasted for maybe 30 seconds---- non of us knows-----------that includes you, that includes Gunn, that includes Cosell and Bowen.

So please stop perpetuating this CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What is different in this situation from the TO, Garcia, Limbaugh et al. media/fan shitstorms in your opinion?
              I guess it just seems different to me because of how AR made it a point to tell the national media that he called Donovan and left a message telling him 'not to worry'. This leads me to believe that AR felt that Donovan might have a negative reaction to the Kolb pick. And AR knows Donovan as well as anyone in a football sense.

Comment

i'd hardly blame mcnabb for being a little peeved by the kolb pick. but that's part of the soap opera of being an NFL QB, especially in a hothouse environment like Philly.

he would certainly not be the first franchise QB to get ruffled by a move to bring in a strong competitor and likely successor. elway publicly ripped the broncos when they drafted maddox in the first round. Montana was notably chilly to Steve Young. Brett Favre famously said he doesn't get paid to coach when he was asked if he would tutor Aaron Rodgers.

uneasy lies the crown. there's always someone ready to take the top job. always somebody younger. it's probably just a shock for donovan that he suddenly is facing his NFL mortality -- my guess is he figured this day was still at least two or three years away. but he'll deal with it and come back strong, like he always does.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I guess it just seems different to me because of how AR made it a point to tell the national media that he called Donovan and left a message telling him 'not to worry'. This leads me to believe that AR felt that Donovan might have a negative reaction to the Kolb pick. And AR knows Donovan as well as anyone in a football sense.

i agree with this.
                  Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I think Swing and VFK's debate is the real center of it. The media and the Rocky Complex fans lie in wait for any perceived "sensitivity" by McNabb, even if it's overanalyzing alleged text messages and unreturned voicemails like a 16 year old high schooler. WIP shitstorm ensues, with most fan messageboards drumming up their "I'm tired of this oversensitive baby" speeches.

Sure McNabb could firmly step in each time and call a press conference to "end it", but I imagine

a) he's insulted that he'd even have to, and with Reid's general anti-media stance he might even be told not to by mgmt and

b) the few times he has stepped up to answer these sorts of questions, even then his words get picked apart and analyzed for intent and the amount of resentment he might be holding towards the fans he doesn't love enough. The PC in January went along these lines...

I just don't understand how a few unfortunate events created by or blown out of proportion by the media have led a good 1/3 of the fanbse of Philly to really resent McNabb and sharpen the long knives for every perceived misstep on how he carries himself. You know what they say, though, winning cures all.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnabbmcnow
                      Look at how AJ Feeley handled the QB thing, and the way Mcnabb did. Completely different. AJ just brushed it off and just said "I full understand the way things go in the NFL". He wasn't peeved or even concerned in the least bit. Meanwhile, Mcnabb won't talk to coaches, reporters, teammates, etc..
                      This is what gets me....How do you know who he is talking to and not talking to?? You're getting that info from places like D. Gunn and WIP. Classic shit stirrers...

Like MD said, Donovan hasn't said a word. But yet, like the Eckel situation back in January/February...everyone wants to trash McNabb based on heresay and sources. Actually, every controversy he has been in, McNabb hasn't said a word to put himself in any of them.

None of us know have any idea what is going on at the NovaCare right now....Unfortunately we have to go with those guys like Gunn and WIP and what they say, but their track record with this stuff aint all that hot, especially when McNabb is involved.

I am guessing somewhere down the road, Donovan will speak, or be seen with Kolb and Reid at the mini camps laughing it up on the sidelines and all this will be forgotten. Meanwhile the likes of WIP, Eckel and the D Gunns of the world will look under a rock for the next controversy they can stir up having to do with McNabb.
                      Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Re: I'm getting a little sick of Mcnabb and the sensitivity

Originally posted by mcnabbmcnow
                        Poor Donovan Mcnabb. He had a radio broadcaster made a racist remark towards him and ESPN. He had TO bashing him every day. For a long time, the Eagles never game him any weapons. He got booed at the draft. How much money does he make, by the way?

I love Donovan Mcnabb, but these offseason dramas and his sensitivity has gotten maddening. He refused to take blame at Tampa when he threw a pass to LJ Smith, inside the 5, with no timeouts, and we missed out on a FG before the half. His remark was something to the effect of "I would have done the same thing again." Stubborn. Then there is the black on black crime comment, which Derrick Gunn didn't understand. When he asked him to explain it, Mcnabb nastily replied "if you don't understand it, it wasn't meant for you to understand." What an arrogant comment, especially if you saw the tone with which he said it. When he goes on national shows like ESPN and Best bleep sports show, when asked about the fans, he kind of takes his little digs at us. He and his family still can't forget that he was booed at the draft, even though A) the fans weren't booing him, they were booing the pick and B), it was 30 guys in the Dirty Thirty drudged up by Angelo on WIP radio, not the entire city. Then there is the explanation about how they didn't know how long TO could go in the Super Bowl due to his injury, and that caused the last TD drive to be so long time-wise. He says this two years after the fact! Why even bring it up? His explanation made no sense...

It just seems like, with time, Mcnabb's skin has gotten thinner and thinner as opposed to thicker and thicker. Derrick Gunn reported tonight that Mcnabb was "peeved" about the Eagles drafting Kolb and that he hadn't returned any phone calls in two days...yet he had enough time to email Michael Smith a sportswriter that he was befuddled by the pick.

I love Mcnabb as a QB, and hope he is successful the next two years. However, because of his mentality, I am looking forward to 2009 when Kolb takes over...and perhaps we have a QB that is not just a talent but a leader as well...
                        I have a really good idea, STOP LISTENING AND BELIEVEING EVERYTHING YOU HEAR FROM THE MEDIA. Newsflash, they lie. If they told the truth everytime that would have no stories. If Derrick Gunn had a report that the bible was fake would you believe him?

McNabb will NEVER make this town happy. If he steps up to say things people don't believe him anyway so why should he bother? For the life of me I am trying to figure out why the guy even bothered to re-sign with the Iggs.
                        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Theo I re posted one of your posts from another board, started a new thread with it as a matter of fact -- it struck me as right on target!!!!!!

Hope you don't mind!

Comment

Damned if he speaks out, damned if he doesn't.

In Philly, if you're not outspoken, you'd better be an underdog. People have formed their opinions on DMac and our other quarterbacks. Stories coming out will only back those opinions up, no matter what the content actually says.

Yawn. I hope they asked Kolb if he's ready for this shit.
                            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Ok, I can buy that...I believe Reid was asked if he had informed McNabb about the pick and Reid stated yes I tried to call him and left a message. Then Reid was asked if that was done before or after the pick. Reid said it was done before.

The piece that is missing IMO (or I may just be unaware of it) is that Reid expected McNabb to somehow confirm he was not worried directly to Reid or publicly...I take it more that Reid gave him a heads up and told him not to worry i.e. you are our QB and we still have total trust in you, this changes nothing.

In that context, I see no reason for McNabb to call Reid back immediately etc. I am pretty sure they have talked or seen each other at Novacare. I highly doubt any issues exist between them although IMO the media would love to get a riff going.

And again I find it silly we are worrying and talking about a "supposed" unreturned phone call like it is a sign of something bigger...either McNabb being upset or angry with Reid or the Eagles or whatever...we have no idea any of that is true.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
                                i'd hardly blame mcnabb for being a little peeved by the kolb pick. but that's part of the soap opera of being an NFL QB, especially in a hothouse environment like Philly.

he would certainly not be the first franchise QB to get ruffled by a move to bring in a strong competitor and likely successor. elway publicly ripped the broncos when they drafted maddox in the first round. Montana was notably chilly to Steve Young. Brett Favre famously said he doesn't get paid to coach when he was asked if he would tutor Aaron Rodgers.

uneasy lies the crown. there's always someone ready to take the top job. always somebody younger. it's probably just a shock for donovan that he suddenly is facing his NFL mortality -- my guess is he figured this day was still at least two or three years away. but he'll deal with it and come back strong, like he always does.
                                Good post...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X