Corey Clement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Clement

Do you guys think that he could be the feature back this year? I think that he has all the tools to be.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

It will be interesting to see. He was a new piece last year so he was able to sneak up on teams a little. Add in that Doug used him well and that Doug snuck up on teams because he was new and somewhat unconventional. He won't be sneaking up on people this year.
    I think he can be a feature back but I don't see him as a Mathews or Ajayi
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      It will be interesting to see. He was a new piece last year so he was able to sneak up on teams a little. Add in that Doug used him well and that Doug snuck up on teams because he was new and somewhat unconventional. He won't be sneaking up on people this year.
      I think he can be a feature back but I don't see him as a Mathews or Ajayi
      They should be a nice 1-2 punch. Ajayi is best splitting time I think even though he probably doesn't think so.
      Last edited by Eagle60; 05-27-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Clement was as instrumental as any back in the super bowl. I think his pass catching might put him over the top. Definitely a round 4-5 fantasy sleeper

Comment

In my mind, he showed that he could do everything they would ask for in a feature back. He ran between the tackles, he got outside, he caught the ball very well out of the backfield, and he did a good job with his blocking assignments. I think he's definitely in line for an increased role this season. He should be splitting carries with Ajayi this year, with Sproles chipping in a handful. The kid's got talent, and was definitely a nice find. He needs to continue to build on what he started last year.

Comment

I think he COULD be a Feature Back but I don't think Dougie will use him in that way. He's a nice compliment to Ajayi & Sproles. The Kid has definitely GOT GAME!
            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Unless he has added some significant bulk, Clement can't handle every down back duties.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                Unless he has added some significant bulk, Clement can't handle every down back duties.
                Clement 5'11'' 209 pounds

I agree that he needs to put on as much muscle as his frame can handle without sacrificing speed, but....

Marshall Faulk 5'10" 212
                Barry Sanders 5'8" 200
                Walter Payton 5'10' 200

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                  Clement 5'11'' 209 pounds

I agree that he needs to put on as much muscle as his frame can handle without sacrificing speed, but....

Marshall Faulk 5'10" 212
                  Barry Sanders 5'8" 200
                  Walter Payton 5'10' 200
                  Clement is bigger than everybody thinks. He came in at 220 for OTAs and is listed at 5'10 not that height really means that much. I'm one of those guys who doesn't like to beat the hell out of ANY back and likes split carries anyway. I wouldn't mind seeing him get the majority of the carries whatever way that they split it up this year. Ajayi is a nice back too. I just hope that we stay healthy and can play as well as we did last year. I think that all depends on what Wentz can do.

Comment

The committee approach is the way to go. I hate it for FFL purposes, but it makes a lot of sense to have 2 or even 3 capable guys, and split up the carries. It keeps them fresh as the season wears on, and if someone gets hurt you can keep rolling.

Comment

One of the keys to the committee approach IMM is the attitude of the backs you sign. They have to be willing to share the carries and be smart enough to understand it can make a big difference at the end of the year in how fresh your legs are. I guess coaches also have to be able to communicate the benefits. I think Duce does that. Actually I think he is turning into a pretty good coach
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                        One of the keys to the committee approach IMM is the attitude of the backs you sign. They have to be willing to share the carries and be smart enough to understand it can make a big difference at the end of the year in how fresh your legs are. I guess coaches also have to be able to communicate the benefits. I think Duce does that. Actually I think he is turning into a pretty good coach
                        I agree, but the hard part of that is convincing a guy that $$$$$ can not be THE top priority. As an individual, it makes more sense to be THE GUY since THE GUY will make more cash.

And while THE GUY might only last 4 years and a guy willing to split carries might last 10 years. (Just examples)

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          I agree, but the hard part of that is convincing a guy that $$$$$ can not be THE top priority. As an individual, it makes more sense to be THE GUY since THE GUY will make more cash.

And while THE GUY might only last 4 years and a guy willing to split carries might last 10 years. (Just examples)
                          Totally agree with both you and ND. Sometimes you have to save football players from themselves.

Comment

Working...
                          X