X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini camp

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...etter&cid=1431

Just another writer but....
    I know it is early but I think this guy Groh is light years better than Greg Lewis. Lewis was much too young to coach for the Eagles last year; maybe in NE where there is an established staff but not the Eagles where they had a new staff and a WR corps in disarray.
    Gibson sounds like a PS guy to me--which isn't a bad thing. I also would rather see guys like Treggs or Turner on the roster than DGB. DGB probably has the talent but he just doesn't have the brain from what I can gather. Give someone who is hungry for the chance an opportunity. I also think Aggy still has time to use his skill. He'll be on the roster IMM and will produce although in a limited role.
    Let's see what camp brings
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

How many WRs will we keep? If none are cut or traded then we have

1. Jeffrey (x)
    2. Smith (y)
    3. Matthews (z)
    4. Agholor
    5. Hollins

If we keep 6, then that leaves one spot for Gibson, DGB, Turner, Treggs, Watford, Johnson . . .
    If I had my choice, I'd rather we keep Gibson or Turner. I really think DGB will be cut at some point.

Are all these guys eligible for the practice squad? Maybe one of them can get an "injury".
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Good find ND! Just a few things that I read that I'd like to mention.

Agholor sounds just like the same Agholor we've heard about since he's been here. Impressive practice player who continues to gag. He just doesn't bring enough game to the table to put up with this. We all know that he will make the team because of his contract, but I sure hope he hardly ever is on the field.

Alshon sounds like he's going to be a monster if he stays healthy. I guess that's no news flash.

Like you feel, Groh is a huge upgrade over Lewis. However it sounds like any receiver coach would be. McLain is seeing him up close and appears really impressed by him so that is very good news!

Gibson hasn't impressed any writer who has covered the Birds. I was a little disappointed that he had nothing to say about Hollins.

Chris Wilson sounds like a real cool coach for the defensive line. You have to love those fiery coaches!

It's kind of funny that Gabe Wright took Cox's place on the first team because let's face it, who the hell is Gabe Wright???

Finally, Zack's extra work with Wentz seems to have really paid off.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

My vote is that we keep just those 5. We have 3 tight ends that can catch the ball well. And, we have Pumphrey and Sproles who should also due a lot of damage through the air.

Keeping a 6th WR of that bunch is just going to waste a roster spot IMO. They will never see the field, unless we have injuries.

I am hoping that Gibson can land on the PS without being sucked up by another team. I don't want to see Treggs anywhere near this team on opening day. DGB just can't seem to figure it out, but somebody will take a shot at him. The other WR's can be picked up later if we need them (from the PS if they are eligible).

Comment

" I don’t believe I’ve seen Alshon Jeffery drop a single pass during individual or team drills this spring. "

This guy is going to be such a pleasure to watch !!

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
            My vote is that we keep just those 5. We have 3 tight ends that can catch the ball well. And, we have Pumphrey and Sproles who should also due a lot of damage through the air.

Keeping a 6th WR of that bunch is just going to waste a roster spot IMO. They will never see the field, unless we have injuries.

I am hoping that Gibson can land on the PS without being sucked up by another team. I don't want to see Treggs anywhere near this team on opening day. DGB just can't seem to figure it out, but somebody will take a shot at him. The other WR's can be picked up later if we need them (from the PS if they are eligible).
            I think Andy only used to keep 5. Chip used to carry 6 because they ran so many plays (at least they were SUPPOSED to run a lot of plays ) and they got worn down. I think the others are all eligible for the PS.

Most likely we keep:

Alshon
            Matthews
            Smith
            Hollins
            Agholor

I don't think Matthews has even practiced yet. I wonder how that's going to work out?
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
            X