Clear All

• Cole Hamels Injured Again

Sigh.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

I know. I can't believe there was an actual discussion on whether we'd trade Cole Hamels for Dontrelle Willis. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Oft-injured rookie with "tremendous upside" vs a guy hitting his prime with a WS ring.

Comment

I don't know. Willis is good but Hamels is potential a HOF.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Kerry Wood?

Comment

I'm afraid he's damaged goods. We can only hope that it is indeed just a "strain" and his 15 day DL stint gets him healthy. I'm not holding my breath though.

Comment

He's a Phillie, so already the odds are stacked against him.

It's amazing, really. What a franchise!

Comment

LA Clippers of Baseball.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                LA Clippers of Baseball.

That's a good thing now!

We might be the Phillies of baseball... wait.. fuck.

Comment

As a Braves fan, I can say that I feel sorry for you Phillies fans.

14 and counting...
                  "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talkin' trash like that."

Comment

Thanks Action Jackson.

Looks like Hamels will be fine and it was simply precautionary.

Eude Brito who has been pitching lights out at Scranton gets Lieber's spot in the rotation on Saturday.

Comment

Young Mr. Hamels returns tonight. Be a great time for him to turn in his first "WOW!" kinda start. Phillies can really build momentum from beating Webb. 3-2 so far on this brutal road trip. One more win in AZ, and we've got a great chance of coming home with a winning record considering the last 4 games of the trip are in DC.

Comment

If we can go 4-2 and then take at least 3 from the Nats, that would've been a great road trip.

I don't get to see many Phillies games out here but i follow the games on line. Howard and Utley are playing such lights out, it boggles the mind how we can't hold a damn lead. (well, yes, i know, it's the pitching.)

Comment

I think there's been just flat out bad luck mixed in with the pitching. We hit Milwaukee at a terrible time, when they were red hot. If we were playing them now we might smoke them. But to them alone we lost 5 1-run games...many of which we led in.

The games that bother me the most are the two we blew to the Mets in NY. Those were tough to take, especially with Franklin coughing up a 3 run lead with 2 outs in the 8th in the game that went 16.

I think this a strong team though, and while people like to get on the offense, its really not the problem this year. Wehn they've gotten good pitching they've generally won.

Sending Floyd down was the right move. He last 4 starts served up 4 losses for the team. Eude Brito might not be any better, but he's not gonna be any worse.

Madson looked unhittable for the first three innings out here in LA last Friday, and his veloctiy was up from where it was in April, on what I think is a slow gun in LA. He really lost his control big time....hopefully some refinement this week, and he can right the ship. Still think he needs to be in the bullpen, but glad we can use him in the rotation when we're in need.

Come July, Madson might be able to go back ot the bullpen, and Brito back to the minors and we return Lieber and Wolf to the rotation. If Hamels can stay healthy, and excel, suddenly we might have a much stronger rotation than we do today. And that's not even considering that Gillick might get us an ace.

I like the 2006 Phillies a lot. I think we're going somewhere. And if nothing else. Ryan Howard is chasing down Schmidt's single season Phillies record of 48 HRs. Even Mr. Thome fell short at 47. It'll be a fun chase, and to be able to pass something schmidt did in just your second season, says a lot about the kind of star Howard could become.

Comment

Floyd is basically toast for this year. Man he was awful.
                            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                            Playoff Appearances:
                            NFC Title Games:
                            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                              Floyd is basically toast for this year. Man he was awful.
                              Agreed. The hope is that he has time to turn it around. It takes most pitchers a while to "get it" (if they ever do)

An optimist could point to Myers this year, finally looking like the man. It took him a few years to get his act together.

I wouldn't say Floyd is a complete waste, but I'd certainly move him in the right deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X