Patience with Foles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience with Foles...

Man, I listen to the radio, read the papers, the net and so many people just dont have the patience to want to develop a young QB. He struggled some against Cincy....big deal. He's makin his fourth start, against a good D fighting for a playoff spot, while playing with a unit full of backups and with a moron as the offensive cooridinator.

I understand some young qbs are in there and playing at a high level already. But how many are playing with what Foles is stuck playing with. I think the kid has done pretty well and has shown us some things we haven't seen in quite sometime at that position, even in a very short time.

I just wish people would take a deep breath and have some patience. If ht was horrible, Ok, I get it...move on. But he hasn't been. He's shown promise. He's going to have ups and downs. He's not going to be a top qb that fast. Let em play, let him learn, let him develop. I hope whoever takes over next season, lets him do just that.
    Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Patience is important with any young player. Hell look at Brandon Graham I myself didn't have the patience with him. Now he looks like a guy who we could build our defensive line around.

I guess it also doesn't help that other rookie QB's like Russel Wilson and Kirk Cousins preformed so well this year. (forget RGIII and Luck they were out of draft area).

Either way he has shown enough that he deserves to start next year.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I agree with you on this Theo. Let's face it, the O-line blows & MM hasn't helped Foles out either. The Kid has a good awareness about him & keeps his eyes downfield. Dame good thing he's 6-5, 250 because he's already taking a beating but manages to get right back in there. Addressing the O-line HAS to be priority # 1 for whoever the next Coach. Foles has his flaws(the deep ball) but IMO he can be a solid NFL QB that we can win with. Patience is key & right now he's gaining valuable experience. People forget that Aikman went 1-15 his first year. THAT turned out pretty well for him.
      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I agree he should be given the chance BUT

a new coach may have different ideas. He could see the QB of his dreams at #4. Who knows?

Comment

I am really satisfied with Foles. Is there another rookie QB that has so little to work with right now ? At one point last game Maclin was the only opening day starter on the field. Until Foles gets to play with a true starting offense, who can judge ?

My only real concern with Foles at this point has been his deep ball. He has really hung a few. I would hate to see the deep ball become a weakness for Foles. It should not be an issue with his size and arm-strength, unless he has a problem with spirals.

Cousins was playing with a team that believed in themselves right now. And, I do think Cousins has a future in this league. Personally, I like what I have seen from Foles more than Russell Wilson.

What a group of QB's the 2012 class could become.

Comment

"We'll be fine there."
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
              I agree he should be given the chance BUT

a new coach may have different ideas. He could see the QB of his dreams at #4. Who knows?
              Whoever takes the HC job is going to do so in large part as to whether or not he likes Nick Foles (at least it is isn't a real reach of a HC pick). Therefore, the guy is going to see something in him and want to work with him. I just hope it's a good mentor.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                Whoever takes the HC job is going to do so in large part as to whether or not he likes Nick Foles (at least it is isn't a real reach of a HC pick). Therefore, the guy is going to see something in him and want to work with him. I just hope it's a good mentor.
                I worry a little bit that the decision on the HC will be influenced by the prospective coach's view of Foles. I would hope not.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

so hard to tell on Foles right now. The kid is playing with 4 backup O-Lineman, a 7th round HB who barely even played college ball, no DJax, no McCoy, and last week he was without Celek as well.

put that all together and mix in a defense that has struggled all year, and any QB is going to look like crap

He's made the rookie mistakes like staring down receivers or panicking and not going through his progressions. But all of that is rookie mistakes possibly compounded by what's around him.

I do worry about the long ball. I thought he was said to have a big arm, but he has well underthrown some. A couple that were miraculously caught and a couple nearly or actually picked off.

I think I'd cut Vick, keep Edwards, and wither add someone else in FA or the draft

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                    Personally, I like what I have seen from Foles more than Russell Wilson.
                    you had me til this part. You do know Wilson is likely to break the rookie passing TD record this year? That kid has been amazing and by far the best rookie QB

Luck gets all the pub. but a closer look at his stats and it's not too impressive

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                      so hard to tell on Foles right now. The kid is playing with 4 backup O-Lineman, a 7th round HB who barely even played college ball, no DJax, no McCoy, and last week he was without Celek as well.

put that all together and mix in a defense that has struggled all year, and any QB is going to look like crap

He's made the rookie mistakes like staring down receivers or panicking and not going through his progressions. But all of that is rookie mistakes possibly compounded by what's around him.

I do worry about the long ball. I thought he was said to have a big arm, but he has well underthrown some. A couple that were miraculously caught and a couple nearly or actually picked off.

I think I'd cut Vick, keep Edwards, and wither add someone else in FA or the draft
                      Dawk he does have a big arm, the thing is his mechanics on the deep ball need work, thus he was a 3rd round pick vs a 1st round pick. . Just go back and look at some of the throws from the Tampa game in particular the last one to Avant that is a big time throw that you need arm strength for. Remember Donovan who I think had a very good long ball he struggled mightly at the begining with it (I think his recievers also had something to do with it)
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

FWIW, I thought Nick Foles played pretty solidly against Cincinnati excluding that badly underthrown ball that was intercepted, though he needs to lead the offense to touchdowns on a couple of those 2nd quarter possessions that started in Bengals territory. It was most of the rest of the offense (with an assist from the special teams) that was the primary culprit in the loss.

How a team can turn the ball over 4 times in 5 plays is way, way beyond me.

Comment

you had me til this part. You do know Wilson is likely to break the rookie passing TD record this year? That kid has been amazing and by far the best rookie QB

Luck gets all the pub. but a closer look at his stats and it's not too impressive
                          Wilson gets a lot of help from Marshawn Lynch, but anyone who saw the Seahawks/Bears game a few weeks ago (as I did via RedZone) and some of his less spectacular but still numerous very solid performances this year knows Russell Wilson has been the real deal.

Comment

Foles has been spectacular under the circumstances . He is playing behind a line of makeshift parts,rookies,practice squaders and guys playing out of position. Add a 7th rd pick @ RB with little experience in the past 4 years,a new FB and probably one of the most assinine playcalling coordinators in football to the mix and I would say that heading forward we will be just fine with Foles as our field general. Immagine the depth we will have when the healthy linemen return. This O is not that far away. Build the D!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I have seen him play in 2 games and was only moderately impressed. But, I looked at his stats for the year and you are right. They are very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X