Prediction time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prediction time

I’ve seen a few predictions on different threads, some serious, others not so much. Let’s hear how you really think this game will go.

I wish I could have stayed away from all the media hype but I just couldn’t help it. Almost every talking head says the same thing. “I think it will be close. The Eagles might be the better team but I’m not going against Brady. 23-20 Patriots. “
    How original!

These same assholes also say that we’re not underdogs!?!?! This is after they predicted we’d finish 3rd or 4th in the division, said Pederson is a terrible coach, and then said we were finished without Wentz because Foles sucks. They all predicted us to lose to the Falcons and the Vikings. Now they have the audacity to pick the Patriots and still say that we’re not underdogs.

So here goes. I think that we are going to come out aggressive and take at least a couple deep shots early. If Bill goes man vs the RPO, look for a slant and go with Smith or Jeffery. Our oline will dominate and we’ll have an answer for everything Bill throws at us. Ajayi, Blount and Clement will combine for 200+ yards rushing.
    I don’t have as much confidence in our D but our long drives will keep Brady off the field.
    Up 30-14 late, the Patriots get a TD but we stop the 2pt conversion attempt. We run out the clock on offense and win 30-20.
    Ajayi MVP.
    Last edited by rspurr; 02-03-2018, 11:31 AM.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

I am completely with you in thinking that the key to this victory is an Ajayi/Blount slamfest. I don't think we can expect another perfect game from Foles especially against the pats. Use our strengths (our o-line) to grind out 200 yards on the ground, keeping Brady off the field. On the other side our d-line and linebackers have to be ready for the screens. Gronk will get his but the real killer that I've seen is Amendola getting free for big chunks. Shut DA down and let the d-line overpower the pats o-line. If we are able to achieve the above, Ajayi 2 tds (1 receiving), Blount 2 rushing TDs and clement another on a screen. Eagles 34 Pats 27.

Comment

31-21 Birds

But I am worried we are gonna get ZERO calls and lose. My Tv wouldn’t survive it.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

The Eagles are a more complete team than Jacksonville who should have won two weeks ago. Doug will not take his foot off the gas We got its, we all we got we all we need. See you all at the Parade
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I will predict that I will have had 6 shots of Jim Beam by the half and have dropped double digit F-bombs. Moxie will have attacked the tv 20 times (she's nuts) and the women will have left the room. Ape Man and that little fuckstick Amendola will have been dragged off the field and I'll be screaming "There is a God!" The game will still go down to goal line on the last series of the game with the game on the line. I hope that I'm still alive to see who wins.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

The Popper is not kidding in that post by the way. I'm sad I'm not heading back east, but 81 degrees, and watching this game outside is pretty cool.

I'll be watching golf, and basketball all the way up to kickoff. I don't even want to talk about this game anymore. I'll start watching when the ball is kicked off.

As for the game I think Brady confuses us early. I think the Pat's take advantage of our youth in SB's, and of our adrenaline early. I see us down 10-0 in the 1st. Things calm down, and the Birds settle in. We will get a big play on special teams... thinking Barner. We lead 14-10 at half. 24-17 at the end of 3. We pound the ball in the 4th, and one big pass play to Ertz puts this one on ice. Birds win 34-20. Ertz wins MVP 13/135/2TD's.

As for me... I'll be drunk, and I'll have no idea on how to handle this. Will I run around the block? Will I just sit there stunned? Will I cry? Probably all of the above.

Win it for ALL of us on this board. If there is a fan base that needs a W it's this one.

E A G L E S EAGLES!!

Comment

Here's a prediction for you!

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/9594...esblitz.com%2F

Comment

Ike--- How the F are you Bud???

The game --- My heart sez Birds 35-17, my mind sez "I dunno" cause they have ripped my heart out so many times before!

IMM, they need to go up early and never ever take their foot off, if they get behind, I think we are in trouble.

Comment

Eh I'll say 27-20 birds. I understand all those who say you can't bet against Brady. He and Belichick are proven commodities. But that goes out the window when the game starts. The birds (Doug & Co) have to match Belichick's moves. They go up tempo you have to change, they go 8 in box with a press you have to recognize and adjust, they go back to a base you have to adjust, etc. They will try very hard to confuse Nick because of his lack of playing time. Nick has to beat that. Reality is every player has to bring their best game and not make mistakes. Getting hit by a punted ball is uncalled for.
                  I see Elliot being pivotal although not MVP. Nick will be MVP just because he is the QB who came in late in the season and didn't make any mistakes in the super bowl.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

I have a feeling that Doug has something big planned for Clement. There is so much untapped talent there.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      I have a feeling that Doug has something big planned for Clement. There is so much untapped talent there.
                      Me too. I think he’ll get the most touches he has had all season.
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I think it comes down to the play of the lines. And both of ours are better than theirs. I’ll go with 30-21 Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          I will predict that I will have had 6 shots of Jim Beam by the half and have dropped double digit F-bombs. Moxie will have attacked the tv 20 times (she's nuts) and the women will have left the room. Ape Man and that little fuckstick Amendola will have been dragged off the field and I'll be screaming "There is a God!" The game will still go down to goal line on the last series of the game with the game on the line. I hope that I'm still alive to see who wins.
                          Awesome. And, spot on for most of us probably.

I know that it makes no logical sense to pick against Brady and Belichick. But, there is just something about this Eagles team that is special. That includes everyone, from the coaching staff down to the role players. The Pats have been great, but also lucky at times. I think their luck will run out tomorrow.

I just hope that it doesn't come down to the last play either way. I couldn't take it.

Comment

One more thing. While I think Ajayi gets most of the carries tomorrow, I have a feeling that Blount is going to be the difference maker. He is going to be a man possessed IMO. He may not get a lot of carries. But, he will make them count.

Comment

I really like our chances in this game with two big points in our favor: Better D Line & We can score on these guys. I say Eagles win 24-16.
                              GO BIRDS!
                              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Working...
                              X