No announcement yet.

Eagles release Dhani Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a guy makes a huge play, I have no problem with him celebrating. But, I hate it when someone celebrates like mad after getting a first down..B f'in D. And I especially hate it when someone like Jones goes into his guitar dance after tackling someone 4 yards down field on 3rd and 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
      Carlos Emmons was a very good LBer for us for a few years, and he did an excellent job of covering TEs. This is one of those situations where we had a very effective player that wore down due to age and injuries, and we did not get an adequate replacement. Emmons was light years better than Jones at SAM, and I agree that Jones was more suited to the WILL spot. We've had corners and safetys covering the Shockeys and Whittens of the world since Emmons left, hopefully GoCong gives them a guy that can lock down on these guys and run with them like Emmons did. It really helps the defense when you have a SAM that can stone the TE all game long. I don't care as much about tackles and stats with Emmons because he was good at matching up with TEs, Jones was not.
      The quality of TEs in the NFC has gone up as well.

Witten, Shockey, Cooley, Clark, Crumpler, LJ, Vernon Davis.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Fresh, I understand your rationale, I just don't agree with it.

You say it pumps up his unit, I say it just gets under the oppositions skin.

I know it irritaes me and I not even playing when the other side does it to us.

Making the plays should be what pumps up your unit, winning games should be what pumps up your unit, making sure you get your unit off the field (for the D) asap, without giving up points, is what pumps up your unit. But that's my humble opinion.

Comment

I don't mind celebrations from Eagles players after a nice play, i just find it obnoxious when players from other teams do it against the Eagles. :P

Comment

Working...
          X