Chip strikes again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
    Don't kid yourself. Jerry Jones would hand his mother over to ISIS to win. If they get a chance to work a deal for A.P., I can guarantee you that P.R. will be the furthest thing from his mind.
    True, but his son's input into personnel matters has grown stronger.

That said, I have to agree that Jerruh would likely twist himself into a knot to get A.P. if the situation arises.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
      True, but his son's input into personnel matters has grown stronger.

That said, I have to agree that Jerruh would likely twist himself into a knot to get A.P. if the situation arises.
      With Romo and Dez, how could they manage AP and keep the team together ?
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Eagles Sign a 4th QB

Posted: April 19th, 2015 | Author:Tommy Lawlor | Filed under:Philadelphia Eagles | 88 Comments

That’s an accurate headline, isn’t it? Or should I have mentioned the QB is Tim Tebow?
        I have very mixed feelings.
        Tebow as your #3 QB isn’t the worst thing in the world. The guy has won games and even won a playoff game. My biggest issue with him is the circus that follows him. With Chip Kelly in charge and the Eagles having such a big media group, the circus atmosphere is already in Philly. Obviously the presence of Tebow will take that to another level, but this isn’t the same as him going to many other teams.
        Tebow’s QB coach swears that his motion is much better. All this time off gave Tebow a chance to really work on his mechanics and let them become second nature. That sounds good, but obviously the proof will be in the pudding (hopefully chocolate pudding of course).
        Bleacher Report: You started working with Tim Tebow in 2012. Have you been working with him continuously, or did he recently return to you?
        Tom House: Tebow came for two weeks in 2012, and then he went and played [for the Jets]. I didn’t see him that whole season. He came back when he was released by the Patriots [in 2013, at the end of training camp]. He’s been pretty much a regular since he was released by the Patriots.
        B/R: How did your relationship with Tebow start?
        House: I think, the first time through, it may have been Drew Brees who told him about us. The second time, I know it was Tom Brady who said, “Get out and see what you can do with Tom House and his staff.”
        B/R: What were his strengths and weaknesses as a passer before he started working with you?
        House: Well, he was strong. He was probably the strongest quarterback that I have ever worked with. But strength is only one piece of the puzzle. There’s efficiency, timing and sequence.
        He came to get better with accuracy; he came to get better at spinning the ball. He’s doing that with me.
        B/R: Why is spin so important?
        House: If the ball doesn’t spin true, there are issues with release point and where the wrist and elbow are. If the spin is there but the front side wobbles up and down, or the tail goes one way or the other, there’s a mechanical flaw somewhere.
        B/R: How often are you working with him, and for how many hours per day?
        House: We’ve been seeing him about three days every week, year-round. Now, he works besides his time with us, but the time he spends working with us on skills, routes and all of those things works out to about two or two-and-a-half hours per day.
        B/R: What is Tebow doing differently now than he was the last time we saw him two years ago?
        House: I honestly believe that everybody who was trying to help Tim, everybody who thought they “fixed” him, they probably did temporarily fix him. But Tim didn’t have enough repetition for it to become autonomic. When he got into competition, with the stresses and anxieties that come with the competitive situation, he fell back to his old habits.
        The difference now is that he has put in the reps. There have been 10,000-plus reps. If he gets a chance to play again and gets back to competition, it’s hard-wired now. He doesn’t have to think about it.
        I’ll keep an open mind when it comes to watching his throwing motion. The guy we saw in the past wasn’t good. We’ll find out if he’s truly improved or if that is just typical offseason bragging by part of a player’s support group.
        The biggest takeaway from this to me is that Matt Barkley better start working on his resume. The Eagles didn’t bring in Tebow to compete with GJ Kinne. He’s here to take Barkley’s job. And then there is the matter of the draft. The Eagles could take a QB early or late. Barkley is as good as gone.
        Does the addition of Tebow mean anything in regard to the draft? Not necessarily. If Marcus Mariota falls to 20, the Eagles aren’t passing on him due to the presence of Tebow. But this is a weak QB class and adding another veteran to the mix means the Eagles don’t have to force the issue to find competition for Barkley. They can take one if the right guy is available.
        Can Tebow play in Kelly’s system? He obviously has the skills to run the ball. The Eagles threw a lot of short passes once Mark Sanchez took over last year. Tebow might be an effective enough passer to keep the chains moving with short throws. Obviously if you get to your #3 QB, you’ve got problems.
        _
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I think it tells us that the Birds probably won't waste a pick on a QB, and that's probably a good thing. I like Tebow. He really is just a great guy. I also think that he could be a real asset in Chip's offense. Like MM pointed out, it's the circus that follows him that concerns me. But I'm thinking that that has probably calmed down some by now.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Maybe he has gotten better with the additional training but I hold little expectations that he'll contribute on the field. As the 3rd qb, what the hell I'll trust the staff to make the right decision.

The circus probably has died down. The real issue for me is talent and for a 1 year deal as a backup, I agree with the decision to bring him in to see what he has.

Comment

Don't kid yourself. Jerry Jones would hand his mother over to ISIS to win. If they get a chance to work a deal for A.P., I can guarantee you that P.R. will be the furthest thing from his mind.
              The guy has added an arsonist, a drunk that killed a teammate, and a wife beater in the 12 months. If he thinks it will win him a game or two, the guy would not even hesitate to add a guy that beats his kid

Comment

This seems like taking the favor to the agent thing a bit too far. I can only hope that competing for the 3rd QB spot is unsexy enough the media won't care beyond the first few practices. I think Barkley is gone but not sure why they didn't wait until after the draft to see what happens. Unless this is a smokescreen to make other teams think we are not interested in QBs in the draft.

Comment

Not only does Jones NOT avoid problem players and the controversy that accompanies them. He thrives on controversy because with it comes 'unsolicited' ATTENTION, which is mother's milk to Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    I like it a lot. Nothing but upside from where I sit. I have never liked Barkley, and Sanchez has shown IMO that he is not going to be a long term answer and as others have said he fits this O a bit better.
                    Agree - if he can't play, he'll be cut

Mountain out of molehill from the media

Comment

It's a slow football time period. Anything that happens will jump into the spotlight, add QB, Heisman or Tebow to the tag line and crazy shit happens.

Comment

The Eagles will never win a Super Bowl until they sacrifice a virgin to the Gods... That's where Tebow comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                          The Eagles will never win a Super Bowl until they sacrifice a virgin to the Gods... That's where Tebow comes in.

http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                            I've already sacrificed my sanity. I guess that's not enough.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                            X