Christian Hip Hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Hip Hop

Have any of you listened to christian hip hop/rap? If not, check out these guys:
    Mr. Del
    KJ-52
    Lecrae
    Pettidee

If you have listened to some, who are your favorites?

-Young
    -Young

Oh yea, and the group Grits. I think they even had a song on Big Momma's House 2.

-Young
    -Young

Comment

Re: Christian Hip Hop

Originally posted by Young
      Have any of you listened to christian hip hop/rap? If not, check out these guys:
      Mr. Del
      KJ-52
      Lecrae
      Pettidee

If you have listened to some, who are your favorites?

-Young
      my favorite of all time is a rapper named knowdaverbs - i dont know that he's around anymore,

and also - the Cross Movement is so phfat you have to use a ph AND an f,

a bunch of them went to college where a few friends of mine went at Philadelphia Biblical University,

i still get tingles listening to their song 'off the hook'

--

i also enjoy john reuben a lot, and 'no regrets' is great stuff too...
      Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Not Hip Hop but Dave Crowder Band is simply insane. Nice thread. No one talks about Christian music over here...I'll have to check out some of these as I kind of gave up Hip Hop when i began listening to Christian music fulltime.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Yea, knowdaverbs is still around i think(?). But all of those groups are great. Cross Movement is a really good group. But yea, christian music is just as good as secular(better).

-Young
          -Young

Comment

to be honest, kinda ot, i've been 'away from God' as it were for a bit, and my music interest has been pretty much nowhere.

i'm on the path back, and hope to get ahold of some more goodstuff - thanks for the names young
            Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

no problem man.

-Young
              -Young

Comment

Originally posted by reesecal
                to be honest, kinda ot, i've been 'away from God' as it were for a bit, and my music interest has been pretty much nowhere.

i'm on the path back, and hope to get ahold of some more goodstuff - thanks for the names young
                * Hope you find your way. I'll pray for you. The world has nothing to offer us that doesn't result in emptiness.

Read Romans 7 for encouragement from Paul.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                  Originally posted by reesecal

* Hope you find your way. I'll pray for you. The world has nothing to offer us that doesn't result in emptiness.

Read Romans 7 for encouragement from Paul.
                  thanks bp!
                  we used to call that section the 'dr. seuss' verses:

15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Comment

Yea, I'll be praying for you too. I also like what Romans 1:16 says.

16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

It's where Lecrae gets the thing he calls the 116 clique. Lecrae says that the 116 clique is the crew that ain't afraid to rep His name(that's what it says in his cd called real talk).

-Young
                    -Young

Comment

Check out Mr. Del's song calm down. When you get to the link, just click the calm down ad thing to hear the song. Let me know what you think.

http://www.holyhiphop.com/everybodycalmdown.htm

-Young
                      -Young

Comment

Mr.Del is alright...I liked the Cross Movement...just checked it out on REAL PLAYER...

PM me for a Roman's Boot Camp I led in August if you want a good refresher on ROMANS. Really good for me...I'm doing an exegitical study on Collossians right now...
                        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Let's do this.... like Brutus.... 'Cause we ain't new to this...

sorry, that's just what first leapt to mind when I saw the subject header...

Comment

Lecrae came out with a new cd called after the music stops. i plan on getting it but if you jus want to check it out, go to http://www.afterthemusicstops.com/
                            He's from CMR.

-Young
                            -Young

Comment

NOTE: I know this isn't HIP HOP but I saw MercyMe, Audio A and Phil Wickham in concert this weekend with my wife.

Awesome.

Downloaded Phil Wickham and it's good. It's a little more like mainstream alternative.

Anyway - Seeing Dave Crowder Band (My favorite) and Third Day in two weeks...
                              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                              Playoff Appearances:
                              NFC Title Games:
                              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                              X