Not sure I like this trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Sorry Dawk. I'm on Howie's ass a lot but I love this move. It frees up cap space and nobody is going to miss painfully average Matthews and his drops. Let's make it a clean sweep and cut that stiff Agholor's ass tomorrow.
    A move I fully endorse.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
      Who gets receiving TD? We have this guy named Jeffrey who should be good for 10-12 of them.
      what has shown you he should be good for that?

Wentz only threw 16 last year and these two haven't even played a game together yet

Jeffrey barely averages 5 a year coming into this season. He is also on a one year deal

can't play the Koolaid game on this one. Color me concerned. I still think it is REAL possible Mathews is more productive in his NFL career

here is to hoping I am worried about nothing

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
        what has shown you he should be good for that?

Wentz only threw 16 last year and these two haven't even played a game together yet

Jeffrey barely averages 5 a year coming into this season. He is also on a one year deal

can't play the Koolaid game on this one. Color me concerned. I still think it is REAL possible Mathews is more productive in his NFL career

here is to hoping I am worried about nothing
        It's O.K. to be concerned. But, I think you are way over-valuing Matthews. I don't think there's a single GM or coach in the entire league that would say he's anywhere near as good as Jeffery.

Comment

Did you guys see this ? Matthews was injured in his first practice with the Bills. It's not major, but looks like it could be a nagging problem for a while (pain).

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...ordan-matthews

Comment

Trading 81 probably hurt in the clubhouse but these guys are professionals and they should get over it quickly - it is a common occurrence in the sport.

CB was a real problem for the team. At the cost of a player you probably weren't going to resign next year and a 3rd round pick, you got a proven starter at a position of great need. Yes it cost them but you got a big weakness filled on a cheap salary.

Comment

It didn't take long for Schwartz to throw Darby into the Pool! He lined up as the starting Left CB at practice yesterday & did well. The Kid's got a month to get timing & communication down with the other DB's. Plenty of time & should not be a problem. Darby WILL start at Left CB on September 10th.
              BOOK IT DANO!!!
              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                It didn't take long for Schwartz to throw Darby into the Pool! He lined up as the starting Left CB at practice yesterday & did well. The Kid's got a month to get timing & communication down with the other DB's. Plenty of time & should not be a problem. Darby WILL start at Left CB on September 10th.
                BOOK IT DANO!!!
                Jalen Mills at right CB, and Ron Brooks in the slot. Jeeze, if Darby plays like a true #1 corner, the defense is going to be a lot better on the back end than I anticipated. Getting Darby seems to me to be about as big as a one player upgrade that they could get.

All hail Howie. They look a lot more like a playoff team with that secondary, along with Jenkins and McLeoud.

Comment

True dat & damn skippy bro!!!
                  Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

You have to find out if the kids can play sometime. Agholor should play his way off the starting unit pretty quickly and we'll find out.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                      Did you guys see this ? Matthews was injured in his first practice with the Bills. It's not major, but looks like it could be a nagging problem for a while (pain).

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...ordan-matthews
                      The knee isn't in great shape and he had this same injury before in Philly. That doesn't' sound very good. Like it was said earlier Matthews was a throw in. Buffalo wanted the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                        But, I think you are way over-valuing Matthews.
                        Totally get that. Only saying that many seem to be doing the same with Jeffrey

he had nice numbers in 2013. But on a team in which B Marshall WAY outperformed him and on a team with one of the 3 worst defenses in football

he had nice numbers again in 2014. The year of Forte's 100 plus catches and M Bennett close with 90 something and again on a bad D

we can't annoint this guy yet.

I'm all for upgrading the DB position though. Seemed a steep price and am betting there will be more options we could have gotten and paid less.

time will tell. I bleed green so am hoping. I just aint thrilled at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          The knee isn't in great shape and he had this same injury before in Philly. That doesn't' sound very good. Like it was said earlier Matthews was a throw in. Buffalo wanted the pick.
                          Yep. Next years draft looks pretty boring after the first round pick Hopefully it will be 32nd

Comment

I was at practice today and although it's only one day, Darby was all over the field. He lined up against both Smith and Jeffery and shut them down. He had a real nice interception in the endzone as well. You could feel an energy from the defense. With Mills and Darby as the starters, I feel a whole lot better at CB. Brooks is still on the mend which I hope is short-lived but the corners did well. Undlin is all over the corners coaching them up.

I will say Agholor is playing with a chip on his shoulder which I think is good. He and Jenkins were going at it all practice. I think the defense is trying to inspire him and it seems to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                              I was at practice today and although it's only one day, Darby was all over the field. He lined up against both Smith and Jeffery and shut them down. He had a real nice interception in the endzone as well. You could feel an energy from the defense. With Mills and Darby as the starters, I feel a whole lot better at CB. Brooks is still on the mend which I hope is short-lived but the corners did well. Undlin is all over the corners coaching them up.

I will say Agholor is playing with a chip on his shoulder which I think is good. He and Jenkins were going at it all practice. I think the defense is trying to inspire him and it seems to be working.
                              Thanks for your input on Darby Steve! You're usually spot on. Agholor might have a chip on his shoulder but I'm sure it will fall off and he'll choke on it.

Comment

e60 - I have the same misgivings about Agholor but it was very obvious Jenkins was trying to rile up Agholor. Then when Agholor showed some moxy with both his play and his mouth, the whole defense was getting on him every play. It seems like everyone is trying to light a fire under Agholor after the Matthews trade. It was only one day but it worked this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X