Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan
    betty - they were being artsy. That song has already been deleted from my itunes.
    they should just stick to writing nice pop tunes.

Comment

• The CYHSY album to me started off disappointing but has come back big time for me. I'm mixing it up with their debut on my ITunes and now when any song plays and I compare the merits of both albums, sure, the debut is catchier, but the new songs really stand up now.

Vin - I'm out of the office today but we'll talk Travis when I get back in tomorrow. I'll have something for you.

Comment

• It's hard to compare it to the debut cause the first album was so out of nowhere. It was like seeing Da Ali G show for the first time. There are some quality songs on the second disk. I still like it even though i removed the first song.

Comment

• i don't think it's a bad album and definitely like some of it. i just don't think the songwriting is nearly as strong as their first record. it's not because the songs aren't catchy as i like plenty of music that is far from catchy, i just think the songs kind of lag and are a bit boring.

Comment

• I am currently previewing the new Joss Stone album on Itunes

Any Stone fans out there?

Comment

• not really.

i don't dislike her but i'm not going out of my way to listen to her. I prefer my female singers with less "soul".

dickau - are you on favorite10 yet?

Comment

• I don't know what favorite10 is

Comment

• Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
                  I don't know what favorite10 is
                  one of Vin's cool projects:

http://www.favorite10.com/

Vin - as for your female singers - did you see Tift Merritt has an album coming in June?

Comment

• oh really? I'm definitely on that.

Tift Merritt is really underrated. I dig her stuff a lot.

Comment

• So much good stuff coming out right around now:

The National - High Violet (just another completely awesome album from these guys)
                      LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening - has some great, great tunes on it that rank up there with his/their other efforts
                      Band of Horses - Infinite Arms - this is really good as well. It may beat out Cease to Begin although it doesn't top Everything All the Time
                      Jonsi - Go - if you liked the last Sigur Ros album, this one won't disappoint.

Comment

• I feel old,I haven't got a clue what the hell you are talking about.I spent the winter getting reaquainted with my classic rock and blues albums,putting some on CD,but basicly building a library on the media player.I would say the artist I've been listening to the most is Roger Chapman,Roger Chapman and the Shortlist, In his band Family and another band of his ,Streetwalkers and a band he guest starred in ,Box Of Frogs .Box of Frogs was formed by some exYardbirds.Some cool tunes if you like funky blues and rock n roll.I just dig Chapmans raspy voice,it sounds like he chain smokes with whiskey shots between drags.Dug out some old Janis for the times I want to here a woman belt out the blues.
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• musicman - if you want to hear some modern day music that harks back to the era you are talking about, give Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings a listen. She has an incredible voice. It's more R&B than blues but she has a voice you can appreciate like Janis Joplin. Plus it will give you hipster cred!

Comment

• I don't think they'll ever top Everything All the Time. The Funeral, Part One, Monsters, St Augustine, and my favorite: I go to the Barn. If you're a music fan, you must have Everything All The Time.

I think the lyrics on Infinite Arms is a little subpar but it's great to have the BoH sound with new stuff again. Highest in my rotation.

I like the High Violent album but I just don't dig the guy's voice.
                            Last edited by sfphillyfan; 05-04-2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                              I like the High Violent album but I just don't dig the guy's voice.
                              well - that's just because you're a stupid poopy head.

Comment

• true as that may be, this guy sounds like a reject from the Crash Test Dummies.

Comment

Working...
                                X