Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think that Torey Smith will be available???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people think that Torey Smith will be available???

Torrey Smith excited about Shanahan's plan

New 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan figures to bring a more aggressive mindset to the team’s offense. Now, it’s a matter of finding the right players to plug into the right spots.

Torrey Smith could find a situation similar to what he enjoyed during most of his four seasons with the Baltimore Ravens< Matt Maiocco of CSN Bayarea reports. In 2014, Smith caught 11 touchdown passes before leaving for the 49ers as a free agent.

“It’s not rocket science. Football is football. Plays are plays,” Smith said. “It’s the way they scheme it up and put it together. The way I watch it from afar, he (Shanahan) tailors it to people’s strengths, which is always a plus. So I’m excited to see what his plan is for us.”

Smith caught a 53-yard touchdown pass against Buffalo for his only reception that covered 40 yards or more last season.

”The offense, I have experience with it,” Smith said. “I’m interested to see how he teaches it. You just have to execute. But with his track record, it kind of speaks for itself. I’m excited for him to have that opportunity. He’s a young guy. I feel like he could fit in in our locker room. He looks that young. He has a proven track record and he knows what he’s doing. It’s his time, so I’m excited for him.”

Smith has a scheduled salary-cap figure of $9.475 million for the 2017 season, but the 49ers are comfortably under the salary cap with an estimated $80 million in cap room heading into the new league year.
    Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I don't want him. Stay a 49er

Comment

Smith has way under preformed his contract, thus the thought he will be cut. Who knows different group of folks at the 49ers now so they could keep him. I don't think they have any cap issues.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

my question would be Why does anyone care ?
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          my question would be Why does anyone care ?
          I'd like him. He's a heck of a lot better than anybody else outside that we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            I'd like him. He's a heck of a lot better than anybody else outside that we have.
            not if you are paying 10 mill, if spending that much, I want Pryor
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              not if you are paying 10 mill, if spending that much, I want Pryor
              You've got a point there I guess. I really have no idea how much that you pay players anymore, especially after the contracts that we dished out last year about this time.

Comment

Ugh....the contracts we gave out on the Dline last season, for that production.......and now we need to worry about Benny? Not liking our spot.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                X