Is It Just Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It Just Me

or is this fucking week dragging ? My word I hate this wait.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I hear ya MM but it's twice as bad on the players, they're chomping at the bit.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

i gotta tell you guys, i'm not that excited for this game. I hope that changes come Saturday morning.

Comment

I get ya Vin, I think that's why I can't wait. I have zero fucking clue what to expect Saturday.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Kinda feel the same...... Too much bad post season Eagles history I guess. Nothing that happens can shock me I don't think. Either way.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            I get ya Vin, I think that's why I can't wait. I have zero fucking clue what to expect Saturday.
            Me too:

Foles could be really good (Giants game or 2013 version) or really bad (Raiders - Cowboys).

Our D could play great and dominate or we could have a repeat of the Giants game.

Our running game and o-line could carry us, or the Falcons could stuff us on 1st and 2nd down and force Foles into some 3rd and long situations.

Ajayi could have a 200 yard game again like in Miami, or he could fumble again in a big spot.

Special teams could be the difference in the game both ways. Does Elliott make all the pressure kicks, or does he miss a few close ones again? Jones has been off lately so who knows with him. Barner has been shaky catching punts. Bryant is one of the best and always kills us. I expect him to make any FG under 62 yards.

Will receivers catch the ball this week?

Will Doug make some dumb challenges or 4th down gambles? Will his aggressive style help the mindset of the team?

So in other words, every part of our team (expect for maybe D line) could play really well or could suck.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Saturday will have a very early morning high in the low 50's with morning rain. As the front goes through, the rain should clear but the temps will drop steadily through the day and be at or below freezing by game time at 4:30.

The popular contention was that the Birds would the advantages of both playing at home and playing in "football weather" aganst warm weather teams... LA, NO, Atlanta, even Carolina or dome teams that weren't used to the cold an wind. The flaw in that logic was manifest in the Birds' last 2 game at home in frigid weather. After a solid 1st game vs the Gnats in decent weather, Foles was awful against the Raiders and Dallas in successive home games in very cold weather.

I'm hoping for a win, mainly to avoid the embarrassment of fulfilling the dissing of the Birds the "shit experts", but thinking we'll probably lose to a warm, if not hot, Falcons team.

I'm less excited by the anticipation of this game than any Birds playoff game I can remember. They can beat Atlanta. I don't believe there is any way in hell that they beat 3 good to very good playoff teams in a row without Wentz.

The misery continues.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post

I'm less excited by the anticipation of this game than any Birds playoff game I can remember. They can beat Atlanta. I don't believe there is any way in hell that they beat 3 good to very good playoff teams in a row without Wentz.

The misery continues.
                This is my issue. We're obviously spoiled by Wentz and even though we're ahead of schedule, we were expecting a SB trip.

Now, it's like "well they can beat the falcons. they prob will beat the falcons. but how the hell are they going to beat the Saints or the Vikings?"

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  This is my issue. We're obviously spoiled by Wentz and even though we're ahead of schedule, we were expecting a SB trip.

Now, it's like "well they can beat the falcons. they prob will beat the falcons. but how the hell are they going to beat the Saints or the Vikings?"
                  If we can beat the Falcons, we can beat the Saints or Vikings. Playing two great games with Foles might be asking too much but even if it happens we’ll have no chance vs Belichick.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                    i gotta tell you guys, i'm not that excited for this game. I hope that changes come Saturday morning.
                    I could not agree more, and it sucks.

I hate to say it, but I am expecting a loss. Can we win? sure. But if we do, can we win next week and then in the SB? With Foles at the helm I just don't think we can.

I will be watching and hoping. I just lost the excitement level a bit when Wentz got hurt

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                      I could not agree more, and it sucks.

I hate to say it, but I am expecting a loss. Can we win? sure. But if we do, can we win next week and then in the SB? With Foles at the helm I just don't think we can.

I will be watching and hoping. I just lost the excitement level a bit when Wentz got hurt
                      I hope the home crowd has a more fired up attitude. Or at least has a lot of alcohol in their system.
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Everybody is sitting around waiting for the shoe to drop. Maybe we won't have the best team on the field Saturday but that doesn't mean that we can't win. More football games are lost than won. Take care of the ball and keep grinding and good things will happen.

Comment

and kick ass on defense

Comment

ENOUGH with all this NEGATIVE BULLSHIT! This is a very Winnable Game on Saturday & I have previously explained WHY earlier this week. You guys sound like a bunch of whiny little girls for Christ sake. Got your head out of your asses guys & pull for these Boys on Saturday. Send the Positive vibes and of course........GO BIRDS!!!
                            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                              ENOUGH with all this NEGATIVE BULLSHIT! This is a very Winnable Game on Saturday & I have previously explained WHY earlier this week. You guys sound like a bunch of whiny little girls for Christ sake. Got your head out of your asses guys & pull for these Boys on Saturday. Send the Positive vibes and of course........GO BIRDS!!!
                              I just took Philly plus the 3. Easy money!

Comment

Working...
                              X