Eagles Sign Hackenberg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Sign Hackenberg

They view it as a chance to develop another QB. Low risk ,high reward.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    They view it as a chance to develop another QB. Low risk ,high reward.

Next month, after they've completed "developing him", Howie should contact
    Miami and take nothing less than a low 2nd rounder in trade.

Comment

he does have a way doesn't he ?
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Color me BAFFLED by this move. He won't make the 53 man roster and MAYBE go to Practice Squad. Just a Head Scratcher IMO.
        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
          Color me BAFFLED by this move. He won't make the 53 man roster and MAYBE go to Practice Squad. Just a Head Scratcher IMO.
          Well Callahan didn’t exactly set the world on fire. He’s worth a look at least. It means Sudfeld doesn’t have to play as many snaps next game too.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

He doesn't cost anything to try. Worst case he gets beat up, best case he actually figures shit out and they turn him into their own QB or they get a pick for him. I think he has some talent, I don't think the brain strength matches the arm, maybe a couple good QB coaches will help him.

Comment

They need more than Callahan. Dude could barely see over the line! They need bodies especially if they are going to protect Foles more this pre-season. Hackenberg did really well under O'Brien who can develop QBs. I don't see it happening here but we certainly have the staff to coach him up.

Comment

He had some stretches at PSU where he was abysmal , but he was lights out on occasion too. He should have stayed in school.

Comment

Low cost, some reward possible--- camp fodder to take snaps--- that'sssss all folks!

Comment

He had some stretches at PSU where he was abysmal , but he was lights out on occasion too. He should have stayed in school.
                    Yeah. He was both an underachiever in college and the pros. If I remember correctly, he was one of the most heralded recruits ever signed by PSU. I kept waiting for him to break thru and it never happened. But, all you ever hear of is his potential.

Comment

He was at his best as a freshman and then seemed to regress each season. I think he’s damaged goods that won’t be fixable.

Comment

Complete and total fodder. He isn't going to get any better but he fills the need for camp body. You ever have a Wawa hoagie? Fills a void in your belly when you need it but it isn't a good hoagie.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          Complete and total fodder. He isn't going to get any better but he fills the need for camp body. You ever have a Wawa hoagie? Fills a void in your belly when you need it but it isn't a good hoagie.
                          I prefer the two WaWa dogs for $2 but I imagine with inflation that deal doesn't exist anymore.

Comment

Things are going our way in Eagle land, maybe Howie has another ace in the hole

Comment

Things are going our way in Eagle land, maybe Howie has another ace in the hole
                              The roll that Howie’s been on has been unprecedented but this one is a head scratcher.

Comment

Working...
                              X