Hey Ian B- eck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Ian B- eck

Is that new shit hot or what? I've only heard 2 songs getting playing time on the radio. I can listen to the whole Odelay (it rocks my cock) CD and most of midnight vultures; mellow gold is ok. I was just wondering if it was worth the buy- I haven't purchased a CD in years cuase they always get Fucking stolen.
    I'm going back to Houston... to do the hotdog dance. I'm going back to Houston.... gonna get some pants.

-Beck

It sort of combines all his styles from Midnight Vultures, Odelay and Mellow Gold, which makes me like it a lot. It doesn't really have any huge standout tracks, but there's no real bad ones either. As a whole it's a pretty solid album, and if you liked his first three I don't see any reason why you wouldn't like this one.

Comment

I need to pick it up, too. I like all of his shit, even Sea Change got play in my house, and that was a huge departure for him.
      I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Yeah, I like Guero a lot better than Sea Change. It's just an all-around enjoyable album.

If you do decide to pick it up, be aware that there's also the deluxe edition - it's got seven extra songs and a DVD with a 5.1 mix of the CD on it among other things. I've got 5.1 on my computer, so I'll probably be buying that some time next week.

Guero is easily one of my favorite albums so far this year, along with new Mars Volta and Queens of the Stone Age.

Comment

New Weezer song is good too! Beverly Hills- thats where I want to be!
          I'm going back to Houston... to do the hotdog dance. I'm going back to Houston.... gonna get some pants.

-Beck

Comment

I heard that the other day, very nice. Has anyone heard the new Chemical Brothers yet? The title track with Q-Tip is mad hot.

Comment

Originally posted by trufresh17
              I heard that the other day, very nice. Has anyone heard the new Chemical Brothers yet? The title track with Q-Tip is mad hot.
              I wasn't particularly blown away by it, but I didn't think the title track was anything special either, so maybe you'd like it more.

Comment

Guero is the shit, Beck is awesomeness
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I just picked up Guero, the best music purchase I've made in years.

Comment

Working...
                  X