Big Balls Doug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Balls Doug

As far as I'm concerned he can take the analytics and stick them where the sun don't shine. Using your last time out at midfield before the half on 3rd and 7 with a banged up secondary is just plane stupid. Suppose they had stopped them-then what? The Skins would have punted it down to our own 10 yard line. Then what the fuck are we going to do with it with 50 seconds left with no timeouts left? That ended up costing us 3 points.

Get down to the 2 yard line and pass on first down after we were running the ball down their throat. I thought that I was watching Seattle blow a SB again. Another great call. Of course he goes for it on 4th and takes out Ertz so the defense then knew that he was going to run the ball. Real smart. I don't mind the running on third and 4 or 5 between the 30's because he's doing it against nickel and dime defenses that are weak against the run. I really like that because it's smart and he knows that.

The next great move was going for 2 when a kick would have given them an 8 point lead. A needless gamble there that finally worked for him.

As far as the game itself it looked like preseason stuff. Sure our lines on both sides of the ball looked great but why not? The Skins had a JV team out there as they are twice as banged up as we are. Of course they had the ever dangerous Mark Sanchez leading them so they had that going for them. Maybe that's why Gambling Doug was fucking around so much. I doubt it though because it's now a habit for him.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

You can argue with his play calls but those big balls decisions won us a Super Bowl.

Going for it on 4th down was the right decision as was going for 2.
    The 4th down play call was terrible.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Concur. The play call was not good at all. Adams up the middle from the one when they are bunched on the line is not good. I like Adams but he dances far too much for me rather than hit the hole hard. But I think that can be overcome.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I'm ok with the decisions, just don't like the 4th down call.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I like the aggressiveness. Sometimes we die with it. More often we win because of it.

Comment

So you guys think that calling time out for the other team who is running their two minute drill is a good thing? That's not aggressive, that's stupid! Here I am thinking the Jets are calling Time Out and it was us. Even the guys doing the game were confused. The other things that he did were aggressive but this was just dumb.

Comment

It’s Sanchez, I figured we would hold them
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                It’s Sanchez, I figured we would hold them
                Well you figured wrong. What were you going to stop him with? That list of junk that you just listed in the other thread lol.

Comment

Actually, yes. Really that's the only drive he had all night. AP for 90 yds was a perfect call on that defense and a missed hold by the zebras.

Comment

Would you have made the same call against the Patriots? I don't think that you screw around just because you're playing the Skins. At that point all they did was let them right back in the game at 14-13.

Comment

“The next great move was going for 2 when a kick would have given them an 8 point lead. A needless gamble there that finally worked for him. “

60, it was the right move.... td already gave them a 7 point lead. Go for two and you make it a 2 possession game or it stays a 7 point lead if you don’ t make the 2.

No brainer ....... and yes aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                        “The next great move was going for 2 when a kick would have given them an 8 point lead. A needless gamble there that finally worked for him. “

60, it was the right move.... td already gave them a 7 point lead. Go for two and you make it a 2 possession game or it stays a 7 point lead if you don’ t make the 2.

No brainer ....... and yes aggressive.
                        If it works. Let the other team have to make the 2 points. I've never seen another team do that in that situation when a kick will give them an 8 point lead---NEVER. They are all the right calls when you gamble WHEN THEY WORK!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          Would you have made the same call against the Patriots? I don't think that you screw around just because you're playing the Skins. At that point all they did was let them right back in the game at 14-13.
                          who you're playing should factor into it

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            If it works. Let the other team have to make the 2 points. I've never seen another team do that in that situation when a kick will give them an 8 point lead---NEVER. They are all the right calls when you gamble WHEN THEY WORK!!!!!
                            We disagree, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                              who you're playing should factor into it
                              The extra point used to be automatic but it’s now only 95% and even lower in outdoor stadiums.

Two point attempts are being converted closer to 55% league wide over the last three years.

The EAGLES are 5 for 5 this year, 6/9 in 2017 and were 4/6 in 2016 so that is 75% overall in Pederson’s tenure (not including playoffs - we were 0-2 in the Super Bowl)
                              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X