Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colin Cowherd Reporting (Kolb to Arizona)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Cowherd Reporting (Kolb to Arizona)

He just reported on his show that Arizona has a deal in place with Philadelphia to ship Patrick Peterson to Philadelphia in exchange for Kevin Kolb once the lockout ends.

Good gracious that would be sweet. C'mon!!!!
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

This is cruel. Please don't get my hopes up like this.

Comment

Geez, I just came in my pants.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Arizona can't really be that stupid...can they?
        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Heard it during lunch on ESPN Radio. It makes sense. In a lockout year for Zona to offer the #1 to solve a maddening QB situation during Fitz's prime years and no ability to trade w/ Philly - to then go ahead and in a NBA sort of way - agree with Philly to ship the person they would pick at #5 for Kolb eventually - it makes sense. I think Philly might have to throw in a 3rd rounder or something but if it's legal - this makes perfect sense.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Additional info:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...t-on-Kolb.html

Friday, May 6, 2011
            More scuttlebutt on Kevin Kolb's future
            The Kevin Kolb rumor mill continues ...
            ESPN's Adam Schefter said earlier this week on a Seattle radio station that Kevin Kolb could be heading to the NFC West, and that "all signs point" to the Arizona Cardinals.
            During a mailbag posted today, Schefter expanded on that notion and reported that the Eagles and Cardinals spoke on Day 1 of the NFL Draft before Arizona selected cornerback Patrick Peterson with the fifth overall pick.
            Writes Schefter: The market for Kolb will be similar to what it was before, minus the San Francisco 49ersand Cincinnati Bengals. I still think the Seattle Seahawks will have some interest. And still think the Arizona Cardinals are the overwhelming favorites to land his services.
            The Cardinals and Eagles were allowed to discuss a deal at various points this offseason, including the first day of the draft. Arizona had the chance to draft Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert in Round 1 -- and passed. That tells me that the Cardinals believe they can find a way to land Kolb once trades are allowed. And Philadelphia knows it has to trade Kolb for this reason: After this season, Kolb's contract is set to expire. The Eagles can't afford to pay both Michael Vick, whom they intend to re-sign to a long-term deal, and Kolb. So if Philadelphia wants to get back compensation for Kolb, this will be the time to do it. And if Arizona wants to compete in the NFC West, Kolb is the quarterback to lead the way. It's an ideal match. And I think eventually, ultimately, it will happen.
            Meanwhile, the possibility suggesting that Kolb could end up in Cleveland seems unlikely, according to Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. While there is some logic given that Browns GM Tom Heckert was the general manager with the Eagles when Kolb was selected and that Browns head coach Pat Shurmur was with the Eagles, the Browns have tried to surround Colt McCoy with more weapons.
            "I think the odds of that are zero," he said. "I think this team has committed to Colt McCoy at least for 2011 ... I think they are hoping they will develop McCoy into an elite quarterback over time. I don’t think Kolb is the answer here."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz1LbFNn4F4
            Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I really hope this turns out to be true but I can say with almost 100% certainty that this is absolutely bogus. The reason is simple; teams aren't allowed to even talk about trades involving players. There were a lot of reports after the draft that teams had been warned by the league that trades involving players would not be allowed and any kind of deals made would be subject to serious fines, possible suspensions and possible forfeit of future draft picks. The implication was that a "gentleman's agreement" would be considered a violation and subject the teams involved to those penalties. The "unnamed GMs" interviewed said that the league was very clear about this.

If the league really did warn the teams off, then I doubt the Eagles would do it. I hope they did - and that they don't get caught! - but I don't see Andy being that bold to defy the rules point blank. The only way I see around this is if they have evidence that they talked about these players in a trade (and can document that) before the season ended. Other than that I don't think this story has much merit.
              Last edited by Jukin; 05-06-2011, 02:55 PM.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

There's also some stuff swirling around about the Broncos talking to the Cards about Kyle Orton, who isn't a bad QB. And, of course, there's always the possibility of Palmer being shipped to Seattle. So, you have Orton to Arizona, and Palmer to Seattle. And, Kolb to...?

Comment

Jukin - how in the the freaking world could you prove that the Eagles and Cardinals had a deal in place? You couldn't - outside of some elaborate investigation with email trails etc. Which is retarded. This could certainly get done.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

It seems pretty obvious really Biggie. Maybe "proof" isn't there but certainly there is reason to question them. The Cards biggest need is QB and they don't bother to draft one. One of the Eagles biggest needs is CB and they wait until the third round to address it (and do so with a second tier player) only to have both teams trade for the best available player at those positions as soon as they can? Seem a little convenient to you? It would raise some eyebrows - but as you said, they may not be able to prove anything. Besides, the way Goodell works he'd suspend Banner (which we'd owe him a favor for doing!) and fine Lurie and take away one of Andy's picks .. all of which would be fine with me! A slap on the wrist to get Peterson.
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

what does it matter if they did have a deal in place. the nfl isn't going to care because this would solve an enormous PR problem for them.

1) the Cardinals would likely finish no worse than 9-7 and you would've have a 7-9 team winning a playoff spot

2) the lockout will be over and the NFL isn't going to investigate because once the lockout is over they are going to move on in a big way.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

If this happens I will be giddy like a school girl.

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                        There's also some stuff swirling around about the Broncos talking to the Cards about Kyle Orton, who isn't a bad QB. And, of course, there's always the possibility of Palmer being shipped to Seattle. So, you have Orton to Arizona, and Palmer to Seattle. And, Kolb to...?
                        But stuff like this is what brings me down to Earth. If the trade does happen Arizona must REALLY want them some Kolb.
                        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I refuse to believe the Cardinals will part with Patrick Peterson to get Kolb. I fully expect Kolb to be traded to Arizona, but no way in hell will Peterson be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK View Post
                            I refuse to believe the Cardinals will part with Patrick Peterson to get Kolb. I fully expect Kolb to be traded to Arizona, but no way in hell will Peterson be involved.

Agreed... pipe dream

Comment

Well if they were going to trade this years first round pick for Kolb, before the draft what is the difference?
                              Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Working...
                              X