Sixers, Fun To Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers, Fun To Watch

These guys battle and fight every night. They shoot too many threes, but since they started giving Noel minutes, they are holding teams under 95-100 points, they really have me interested in watching again. My wife hates it. Kinda reminds me of the early Iverson years, when guys happily played a role.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Are they still in the NBA?

LOL!

Comment

I am totally hooked. I've watched more Sixers games this year than the last two years combined. Embiid is special. Once Simmons is back, the league is going to have a tough time keeping up with this squad.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
        I am totally hooked. I've watched more Sixers games this year than the last two years combined. Embiid is special. Once Simmons is back, the league is going to have a tough time keeping up with this squad.
        Ditto. My interest has be re-ignited. Cant wait to see the development with Simmons, and the upcoming draft. But it seems like forever since the Sixers were worth paying attention to. Embiid is worth the ticket.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

The NBA isn't BB anymore, IMM. It's now a whole different game. I won't follow very closely.

Comment

this team is going to be good when they get everyone back AND still have quality to pick up in the draft
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I'm dusting this one off. If you haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet, you should. They are a ton of fun to watch. Big win vs. the Clippers last night puts them at 7-6 for the season. Haven't been above .500 this late in a season since December 2012. Embiid with 32 pts and 16 reb last night. Covington has been a terrific 3 pt shooter (31 last night) and Simmons is a future MVP in the making. They've had the 3rd toughest schedule in the league to this point as well as having played 9 of their 13 games on the road so far. Good things are coming for this squad.

Comment

I'll be honest steve, that is good to hear. Don't get as many Sixer games as I do the other sports. I'm not a fan of the tanking business, although not as bad as S A Smith, but I understand the process and look to the result. Sixers probably aren't there yet but, as with the Flyers, they have positioned themselves to get there. I'd like to see it happen since I am an all Philly teams fan. BigPhilly was a pretty big Sixers fan; do you keep up with him on some other board
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

I don't keep up with him NoDak. He shows up every once in awhile here and at BSG. I'm sorry to say I think he got his priorities straight and dropped message forums

Do yourself a favor NoDak and give them a view or two. They are on national TV tonight against the Lakers. Really fun to watch.

Comment

Yea I saw they are scheduled as the back half of the double header so I will give it a go tonight.

When my grandson was born I told my son I don't care what he has to give up but his number one job was providing for his children (they didn't ask to come into his world he brought them there). Of course I know you can't give up everything but I do understand anyone walking away form the computer. Good to hear from you steve
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Amen NoDak!

Comment

took the opportunity to watch the game last night although I only made it through the 3rd qtr of the west coast game. Have to agree they are a fun team to watch. Ball movement, early on especially, was nice and you can easily see the skill and talent. Have to balance that with the game being against the Lakers but the sixers do seem to be on the way back.
                        Unfortunately I still have an itch in the back of my head wondering how hey can screw it up. I've got to see someone for that.
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Wow - glad you watched. Embiid put up a historic line. 46 pts, 15 reb, 7 blocks & 7 assists has never been reached since the league began tallying blocks in 1973. I'm sure Wilt did it before but Embiid was a freak of nature last night. It was awesome. If they stay healthy, this team is going places. They get the Warriors and Cavs at home over the next couple of weeks. Should be fun.

Comment

Another big win on Saturday night without Simmons in the lineup. They now play Lebron and the Cavs tonight and no, your eyes don't fool you, the Sixers are favored to win. The squad has come a long way!

Comment

Good week to watch. Tough games against the Wolves and OKC showed a lot of mettle. Embiid looked downright exhausted in triple overtime loss
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X