D Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D Mac

Donovan McNabb did a hell of a lot for the Eagles. Donovan McNabb was a great pleasure to watch (worm burners aside). But Donovan McNabb stepped on his d*** in a few games and Donovan McNabb never won a Lombardi so maybe Donovan McNabb should steer clear of opening his mouth about Carson Wentz.
    No one disputes that Wentz has had some injuries but seems to me after tearing his ACL he stood in there and finished the series. Seems to me that he has played at a high level almost every time he stepped onto the field. He, nor the team, needs anyone to throw any more pressure his way. McNabb of all people should know that
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Since his retirement, Dmac has been busted for DUI and sexual harassment.

Comment

You are right ND

I took down my other post after reading this. I don't know if McNabb is jealous or just plain dumb because his statements are full of contradictions. At least to me they are. Here is the New Jersey News article that I think that you are talking about concerning his comments on a radio show.

Donovan McNabb had some strong opinions on Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz.

On a CBS Sports Radio show with Zach Gelb Saturday morning, McNabb said Wentz needs to deliver, and quickly, to keep his job as Eagles quarterback.

“I think in the next two years or so, he needs to find a way to get out of the second round of the playoffs,” McNabb said. "What Nick Foles was able to do, take them to a Super Bowl and then possibly take them back to the NFC Championship proves that, hey, some people can get into that offense and be very successful. [Wentz] hasn’t been healthy. He hasn’t really proven to me, besides the year before he got hurt, in his first year, of really the MVP candidate. He needs to get back to that mode.

“I think, personally, if he can’t get out of the second round in the next two, maybe three, years, but really two years, to be honest with you. If he can’t get out of the second round, they should look to possibly draft another quarterback because you just don’t know about his durability. Staying healthy is very key in this league. The team only goes as far as their quarterback takes them. And they put so many eggs in the basket with Carson Wentz and he has to prove that in the next two years.”
      Last edited by Eagle60; 04-21-2019, 09:45 PM.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

And now this!

Lane Johnson defends Carson Wentz by calling Donovan McNabb a snake
        Shots fired!
        By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Apr 21, 2019, 10:17pm EDT

Surprisingly, Sunday evening’s most savage moment did not occur on Game of Thrones. Rather, it happened when Philadelphia Eagles right tackle Lane Johnson called out Donovan McNabb on Twitter. Take a look:

Lane Johnson

@LaneJohnson65
        @donovanjmcnabb 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍...and you wonder why nobody respects you when you come back!!!!

9:20 PM - Apr 21, 2019
        Twitter Ads info and privacy
        2,336 people are talking about this
        Damn. That’s pretty intense.

Johnson is clearly responding to McNabb’s comments from Saturday about how the Eagles need to consider moving on from Carson Wentz if he fails to take Philadelphia to the NFC Championship Game within the next two seasons.

Johnson, who quite literally protects Wentz on the football field, was also quick to defend his quarterback shortly after the PhillyVoice report emerged earlier this offseason.

Lane admittedly isn’t one to mince words. Here, he’s taking a pretty big shot at one of the more accomplished players in franchise history. McNabb obviously holds a lot of team records and his jersey number was even officially retired.

But McNabb’s legacy didn’t do anything to prevent Johnson from calling him a snake (six emojis!) and saying that nobody respects him.

Just your normal, quiet Sunday evening.

Comment

Yep that is cold but most of the time you earn your reputation. As I said DMac gave me some great football moments but my opinions of him have dropped since he went to Washington.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Poor Donovan, struggling to remain relevant for some reason. Enjoy your retirement and stop being a dickhead.

Comment

McNabb played some great football for the Birds. It's fair to say he carried the offense at times in spite of some unimpressive receivers. But going back, even to his days at the 'Cuse, he has a history of feeling slighted without cause and talking too much, especially when he feels unappreciated.

Exceptional physical skills but kind of a baby man and certainly no a threat to join Mensa.
              Last edited by tinopuno; 04-22-2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                Poor Donovan, struggling to remain relevant for some reason. Enjoy your retirement and stop being a dickhead.
                OMG Vet you just took the thought right out of my head! I've often (and maybe unfairly) questioned the motives of a lot of these guys who become ministers when they retire. It really makes me wonder if they just need the constant attention that they are used to. I immediately go to Randall Cunningham in my mind. It turned out that Irving Fryer was just a crook LOL. I would sure would hate to be wrong about the majority of them, especially at this time of the year.
                Last edited by Eagle60; 04-22-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

DMac’s got a bad habit of saying dumb things in interviews. The Eagles have seen what Wentz is capable of, and they just aren’t going to quit on him if he keeps doing what he’s doing. NFCCG or bust? I don’t see that. Good quarterbacks don’t grow on trees, and they’ve got a keeper in Wentz.

Wentz’s ability isn’t the question. It’s his knee and his back, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed on that.

Know what bugs me the most about all this? Knowing that Freddie f’ing Mitchell and Terrell f’ing Owens are going to get air time after this.
                  "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                  — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                  - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
                    DMac’s got a bad habit of saying dumb things in interviews. The Eagles have seen what Wentz is capable of, and they just aren’t going to quit on him if he keeps doing what he’s doing. NFCCG or bust? I don’t see that. Good quarterbacks don’t grow on trees, and they’ve got a keeper in Wentz.

Wentz’s ability isn’t the question. It’s his knee and his back, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed on that.

Know what bugs me the most about all this? Knowing that Freddie f’ing Mitchell and Terrell f’ing Owens are going to get air time after this.
                    Does anybody outside of Philly even know who the hell Mitchell is???

Comment

Working...
                    X