Well what are the thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well what are the thoughts

I go into every year thinking World Series Ring, Lombardi Trophy, Stanley Cup....I fall for it every year. For the Sixers I just hope to see respectable.
    But as hard as I try I don't see it this year for the Phils. I'm concerned about .500
    Does anyone see anything other than a long summer for the boys
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

I think .500 would be outstandingly nag for this group. I'm in Australia right now so keep me posted.

Comment

I love what they are doing, the only rip I have is keeping Howard around. He's DONE and you may as well pay him to sit at home at this point
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Lol, guess that s a lot easier if it ain't our money!!!!!!

Comment

I can see that mm but I don't see it coming together this year. It is nice to see them moving forward. The pitching is always the key and it will be interesting to see how this staff develops. I'm not sure they have all the arms they need yet. They also have young guys in the field that I hope develop into real threats. As for Howard I would suggest giving him to an AL team and having them pay you for each home run he hits but they will probably want you to pay them for each strikeout so it would be a net loss.
          No, I am optimistic for the future but I generally go into every season thinking they can pull it out. Unfortunately this is the rare year where I just don't think they have any chance
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Cubs vs Royals

Also... Mets fans are douchebags. I read more stories this past week claiming the Royals got lucky.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

So where's my update? Now in New Zealand and trust me I am not getter nag much Philles news here.

Comment

Phils in position to be 2-0 if the BP doesn't swallow and choke on the shlong. Nola gave up a HR in first and was lights out after. I really do like this team IF they find someone to finish games. Hellickson pitched a damn fine game on opening day as well.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Yea, the first two just show the absolute frustration. Go into the ninth up 2-1 after an outstanding game and then load the bases before giving up a gapper. Nice.
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Whoda thunk they'd be at .500 at ANY pt in this season? It may be the high point now after only 10 games but VV's start yesterday was absolute mastery.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                      Whoda thunk they'd be at .500 at ANY pt in this season? It may be the high point now after only 10 games but VV's start yesterday was absolute mastery.
                      83 fastballs out of 113 pitches and the 113th pitch was 96 mph. Hope he can pitch somewhere near that level every 4th-5th day

Comment

mm -- Can't see how anyone wouldn't be enjoying the way the team is pulling out a lot of these games especially you since you saw it coming into the year. Nice to see a team that feels it has a chance to win each night.
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Now they are talking of bring Joseph up. The pitchers are dominating AAA too. Good times ahead.

Comment

I am so glad to see some success from Joseph. My BIL has been a Giant fan since the Willie days. He used to talk up Joseph and was bummed when the Phils got him. I have been disappointed since I liked Pence but just knew that Joseph was a future start catcher. The concussions threw that out and now he is lighting it up at first. How great would it be to get a real 1B
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

VV going tonight. Hopefully win the series in ATL!

Comment

Working...
                              X